1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 40 (Oct 2, 2006) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 01:03 PM
pqw5uQ3r
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sullt
Thanks for the Congrats. I'm now confirmed for Tuesday at 2:00 for delivery. I'll make sure I post some pics tomorrow night.

It will be 36 days from the time my order was submitted to delivery.
Woohoo!!! That's wonderful news. I'll look forward to your pics. It looks like Mini was really haulin a** for week 40. I ordered mine 9-18 and hope to be motoring this weekend.

Old 10-23-2006, 03:11 PM
GreenBrit
2nd Gear
Well my waiting is over!! Got the call today from Mini of Peabody and I will be able to pick it up this Friday. Friday you all ask...well, 2 days to for the great (i mean crappy) state of Massachusetts to process the title and thursday i have to work really late, which leaves Friday after 12pm the pick-up time

I'll post the pics at the dealership and everywhere else I can find

Old 10-23-2006, 03:14 PM
blalor
6th Gear
Hey, rock on, GreenBrit! Be sure to introduce yourself over in the NY & New England Region forum on MINI2; that's where most of the activity is. I'm new to the area myself, but there's been an event every weekend this month. Gee, I wonder what color your MINI's going to be... :-)

My MCS is on the Aida and due to be in NY on the 30th!

Old 10-24-2006, 06:00 PM
sullt
1st Gear
Woo-Hoo!

I picked up 'Earl' today and I've already got my first few MODs done...I installed a new antenna, parcel shelf, Aux input, and Chrome Bonnet Scoop...I've got the MCAW MINI Cooper Toggle Auto Up arriving later this week...and that should be it for a while.

Here's a few quick snapshots...I'll have an official photo shoot in the next few weeks:

Old 10-24-2006, 06:06 PM
BECOKA
4th Gear
Looks great, still jealous, mine apparently is still stuck in Oxford. Did you get the chrome interior? I looks great with the chrono pack. I got the Chrono but no chrome. I was thinking I should have added the chrome.

Old 10-24-2006, 06:22 PM
guevasd
3rd Gear
Sult,looks nice!
Thats the interior I got: anthracite/chrono/chrome. I love the way it looks!
Beautiful color choice.
Congrats...have fun motoring!
Its been a blast so far.. and every mile keeps getting better.

How long to install the parcel shelf/ aux input?

Old 10-24-2006, 07:50 PM
sullt
1st Gear
Originally Posted by guevasd
How long to install the parcel shelf/ aux input?
Took about 15 minutes total for both, and that's only because getting the screws to line up on the parcel shelf was a PITA.

Once the knee bolster is off you can easily reach in behind the radio to plug in the aux input. I fished it down through the access trim panel as I didn't want to drill any holes, and thought it was more accessable in this location versus the glove box.

I saved $180 by installing the aux input and chrome scoop myself, instead of having the dealer do it.

Old 10-24-2006, 08:53 PM
mct
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Woo-Hoo!

I picked up 'Earl' today and I've already got my first few MODs done...I installed a new antenna, parcel shelf, Aux input, and Chrome Bonnet Scoop...I've got the MCAW MINI Cooper Toggle Auto Up arriving later this week...and that should be it for a while.

Here's a few quick snapshots...I'll have an official photo shoot in the next few weeks:

NICE MINI!!! What is funny is my friend's car is also named "Earl" after Earl Grey.... Here is a pic of his:

http://www.motoringfun.com/2006/09/2...n-2nd-edition/

Enjoy your new ride - it looks FANTASTIC!!

Old 10-25-2006, 05:11 AM
MrX
2nd Gear
quevasd, the 914 is sitting in my mother-in-law's driveway with a cover on it. I've got it all cleaned up and ready to show...now to post some ads...(sobs quietly). Hopefully, the new MINI will releive some of the sadness. It should be somewhere between Baltimore and Charleston today. I ordered the A/S tires also...mainly because it seemed the only way to get the 16" V-Spoke's which I liked the look of. We don't have very much snow in Knoxville, but plenty of rain and the occasional wintery mix. I think the A/S tires will do fine.

Old 10-25-2006, 05:56 AM
guevasd
3rd Gear
I'm a fan of the 16" V-Spoke as well.
My 914 buddy here at work has been as excited as me about the new MINI,
he said yesterday he may have to sell his project 911 and his 914 to make room for a MINI..

Old 10-25-2006, 07:04 AM
sullt
1st Gear
Originally Posted by mct
my friend's car is also named "Earl" after Earl Grey....
Too Funny...Great minds think alike...that's exactly why I picked the name Earl too.

A close 2nd was Gandalf as in Gandalf the Grey.

Old 10-25-2006, 09:05 AM
BECOKA
4th Gear
Originally Posted by guevasd
I'm a fan of the 16" V-Spoke as well.
My 914 buddy here at work has been as excited as me about the new MINI,
he said yesterday he may have to sell his project 911 and his 914 to make room for a MINI..
Boy how many 914 converts are there? Mine will be up for sale as soon as the MINI arrives.

Old 10-25-2006, 09:11 AM
mct
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Too Funny...Great minds think alike...that's exactly why I picked the name Earl too.

A close 2nd was Gandalf as in Gandalf the Grey.
Nice!!! I called him today and he got a kick out of your car! Enjoy your sweet ride!

Old 10-25-2006, 01:23 PM
TLCerino
1st Gear
OK WEST COASTERS! WHERE ARE OUR CARS???? :0)
Anyone out here have theirs yet?

Old 10-25-2006, 01:35 PM
BECOKA
4th Gear
Not yet and as far as the Owners Loungd, Ask MINI and my Dealer can tell it is still waiting in England to get on a ship. Oh Owners Lounge says it shipped but it has not. Even tried entering the VIN into the ship tracking and nothing.

Old 10-25-2006, 07:59 PM
pqw5uQ3r
2nd Gear
I am so jealous sullt. Our cars came on the same boat and I don't have my Mini yet. OL shows it is at the dealership. They say it is not there. Oh well. Your car is really beautiful. The Royal Grey is a really rich color. Good Choice.

Old 10-26-2006, 05:30 AM
MrX
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by BECOKA
Boy how many 914 converts are there? Mine will be up for sale as soon as the MINI arrives.
With a recent move, I gained a lot of house and lost a lot of garage. I love the 914...but it's a lot of work keeping a 35 year old car running. The MINI is the only car that comes close to the 914 "Fun Factor"...it's an indescribable thing...kind of like driving a refined go-kart. When I read about the MINI having "go-kart-like" handling...I had to give it a look. The MINI doesn't have the same feeling...good, but different. However, since it is a new car, I should be able to enjoy the MINI feeling every single day...with the top down...and, I can take our two small boys along for the ride.

btw: My Chilli Red MCSa Convertible is supposed to be docking in Charleston today. (Don't give me grief about the 'a'...I don't want my wife ripping the clutch out.)

Last edited by MrX; 10-26-2006 at 05:30 AM. Reason: forgot title - Selling 914
Old 10-26-2006, 06:07 AM
guevasd
3rd Gear
its ok, I got the 'a' as well for similar reasons.. and you know what.. I've been 'breaking-in' and 'training' my MINI to shift when I want her to with the steptronic system while staying off the 4500rpm, and so far so good, getting much more responsive than when I first drove her off the dealer's lot..

I'm thinking after the breakin period to ask the dealer to reset the transmission so it can relearn how i really want her to drive..

you'll enjoy the auto MrX, i love stick, buit I have to admit, this auto is not so bad at all, and I know people have said response time isn't so well, but I haven't experienced any issues yet. I'm at 400 miles right now since Sat, and this weekend have two long trips to eastern and southern MD, so I get to open her up a little on the highway.

Can't wait to see pics of your MINI.

Old 10-26-2006, 09:32 AM
BECOKA
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MrX
With a recent move, I gained a lot of house and lost a lot of garage. I love the 914...but it's a lot of work keeping a 35 year old car running. The MINI is the only car that comes close to the 914 "Fun Factor"...it's an indescribable thing...kind of like driving a refined go-kart. When I read about the MINI having "go-kart-like" handling...I had to give it a look. The MINI doesn't have the same feeling...good, but different. However, since it is a new car, I should be able to enjoy the MINI feeling every single day...with the top down...and, I can take our two small boys along for the ride.

btw: My Chilli Red MCSa Convertible is supposed to be docking in Charleston today. (Don't give me grief about the 'a'...I don't want my wife ripping the clutch out.)
Actually my 914 is not so much work and I use it for my daily driver. I just take it in for regular service every 5000 miles and it seems to take care of itself (Knock on wood).

My only real reason for getting the MINI over keeping the 914 is the backseats. 1 kid was OK but now we will have two.

Old 10-26-2006, 10:17 AM
MrX
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by BECOKA
Actually my 914 is not so much work and I use it for my daily driver. I just take it in for regular service every 5000 miles and it seems to take care of itself (Knock on wood).

My only real reason for getting the MINI over keeping the 914 is the backseats. 1 kid was OK but now we will have two.
Mine could be a daily driver, but not without a fair amount of work. I bought it 10 years ago for $2500 and I've limped it along on a few dollars (and hours) worth of work here and there. It really needs a fairly deep restoration. The engine is in pretty good shape, but it's all of the peripheral systems...electrical, fuel, etc which seem to always act up. If someone were willing to put it in the garage for the winter and hit it on saturdays, it could be in great shape by spring...not that I've givent that any thought myself...or have paint colors picked out or anything... I just don't have the time or facilities to do it myself. I expect to give any prospective buyer a fairly thorough interview.

But on a brighter note...the MINI will hold me, the wife, and our 1 & 3 year old boys just fine. WOOT!

Old 10-26-2006, 07:12 PM
pqw5uQ3r
2nd Gear
Oh Happy Day!! My Mini got in last night and I got the call today that she was ready to pick up. I have arranged to pick her up Saturday morning but I got to take a peak at her this evening. Her she is. I am so excited now that she is really here. I just can't stop giggling. She's awesome.

Attached Thumbnails Production Week 40 (Oct 2, 2006) Support Group-img_0399.jpg   Production Week 40 (Oct 2, 2006) Support Group-img_0400.jpg   Production Week 40 (Oct 2, 2006) Support Group-img_0398.jpg  
Old 10-27-2006, 04:26 AM
guevasd
3rd Gear
awesome! I'm glad you got to take a peak at her!
The white mirror caps makes her look sporty!

And I like your choice in wheels, I think the 16 V-Spokes look great (that's why I got them!)

don't forget to change your signature when you get her tomorrow! there should be a signature pic of a huge smiley with the words: grinning new owner

Old 10-27-2006, 08:01 AM
MrX
2nd Gear
Well, our ship finished unloading last night at about 8pm in Charleston and is now back at sea. I guess the odds of it getting on a truck before Monday is fairly slim. Does anyone know if the VCD operates on weekends?

Old 10-27-2006, 09:54 AM
BECOKA
4th Gear
Originally Posted by pqw5uQ3r
Oh Happy Day!! My Mini got in last night and I got the call today that she was ready to pick up. I have arranged to pick her up Saturday morning but I got to take a peak at her this evening. Her she is. I am so excited now that she is really here. I just can't stop giggling. She's awesome.
I assume you are not on the west coast.

Old 10-27-2006, 11:36 AM
minimae
2nd Gear
MrX- How did you the info on Charleston? When I checked 2 hours ago the Freedom wasn't even due in until saturday am. Or were you not on the Freedom? We also have a Chili Red Cabrio w/cvt coming.

Quick Reply: Production Week 40 (Oct 2, 2006) Support Group