1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of New MINI Cooper 2 Door - Cooper vs S ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 09:29 AM
d2mini
5th Gear
Received 100 Likes on 67 Posts
Welllll???????? Did ya get it?

I got a message from my MA on saturday that mine is on a boat heading towards galveston, TX port with ETA of today.
I call ASK MINI just now and they still say it was released to "transport" with estimated arrival of today. I asked the name of the transport, which they gave me... its a trucking transport company.

Old 07-15-2019, 10:50 AM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Received 164 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by d2mini

I got a message from my MA on saturday that mine is on a boat heading towards galveston, TX port with ETA of today.
I call ASK MINI just now and they still say it was released to "transport" with estimated arrival of today. I asked the name of the transport, which they gave me... its a trucking transport company.

I would say, based on your call, that your car is on a transport. They will wait for a full load before departing w/ stops long the way to drop off cars (unless all are coming to your dealership. Sounds promising that your car will be at your dealership within a day or two. Dealership needs a few hours (generally a day to be safe) to go over your car, prep it and shine it up for delivery. You should be motoring by weeks end, if all goes according to info provided.

Let us know how it goes.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:12 AM
d2mini
5th Gear
Originally Posted by USA-RET
I would say, based on your call, that your car is on a transport. They will wait for a full load before departing w/ stops long the way to drop off cars (unless all are coming to your dealership. Sounds promising that your car will be at your dealership within a day or two. Dealership needs a few hours (generally a day to be safe) to go over your car, prep it and shine it up for delivery. You should be motoring by weeks end, if all goes according to info provided.

Let us know how it goes.
Ya for sure. If its really on a truck then I would think by wednesday i'd be picking up.
If on a boat... probably end of week.

So weird. haha

Meanwhile.... still wondering what happened with the OP!

Old 07-15-2019, 11:36 AM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Betting ArchiMark is motoring hard.....

I'm certainly not, just turned 200 miles on mine and it's been a month since we took delivery. Rainy weather and sharing duty w/ my other car.so it's been a "Garage Queen".

The following users liked this post:
d2mini (07-15-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 06:18 PM
ArchiMark
3rd Gear
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Mine did the same, ship to truck...be patient a bit more....and all will be well soon....

Ya for sure. If its really on a truck then I would think by wednesday i'd be picking up.

So weird. haha

Meanwhile.... still wondering what happened with the OP!
Betting ArchiMark is motoring hard.....

I'm certainly not, just turned 200 miles on mine and it's been a month since we took delivery. Rainy weather and sharing duty w/ my other car.so it's been a "Garage Queen".
Sorry guys, it's been a bit of a blur the past week due to various things outside of MINI-Land.....but the good news is that I did get my car on Sunday!

Looks great!

Drives great!

Grasshoppa, happy camper right now.....

Lots to learn about car though!....

Yipes! I think you guys need to take up a collection and send me off to MINI summer camp where I can learn all the features on the car.....

In meantime enjoyed driving car to work today and a short drive at lunchtime.....

sbreech (07-15-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 07:40 PM
d2mini
5th Gear
Originally Posted by ArchiMark
Mine did the same, ship to truck...be patient a bit more....and all will be well soon....
Of course! It has to get from the port to dealer somehow, right?
My post was about the confusion between my dealer info and the info from MINI. Two totally different stories.
So who is right? Nobody knows! lol

Congrats on the pickup! Now where are the pics? :D

Old 07-15-2019, 07:45 PM
ArchiMark
3rd Gear
Of course! It has to get from the port to dealer somehow, right?
My post was about the confusion between my dealer info and the info from MINI. Two totally different stories.
So who is right? Nobody knows! lol
That's good point!........

Sorry about that.....been very hectic/crazy both at work and home the past week or so.....not much time for Blue MINI yet.......sigh....

Congrats on the pickup! Now where are the pics? :D
Well, for starters, there's a few I posted a few messages back...taken by my sales person....does that count?

I can take some more in the next day or so....

Old 07-16-2019, 05:17 AM
d2mini
5th Gear
does that count?

Old 07-16-2019, 07:00 AM
USA-RET
6th Gear

So weird. haha
FWIW, I always call the Mini Assistant and get my info directly from someone on the phone (after providing my car's production number). That info usually matches what the dealer will send me via email a day or so later. I'm confused by the disconnect you are experiencing. If you are relying on the written page on the Mini website that gives you vehicle status, that info is often days behind your car's actual status and your dealership's information will likely be more current than what you are reading on the website (as the dealership is either talking to MA on the phone or has another more current method of checking status..

Old 07-16-2019, 07:29 AM
d2mini
5th Gear
FWIW, I always call the Mini Assistant and get my info directly from someone on the phone (after providing my car's production number). That info usually matches what the dealer will send me via email a day or so later. I'm confused by the disconnect you are experiencing. If you are relying on the written page on the Mini website that gives you vehicle status, that info is often days behind your car's actual status and your dealership's information will likely be more current than what you are reading on the website (as the dealership is either talking to MA on the phone or has another more current method of checking status..
NOPE. This is from an actual agent at Ask MINI.
Yesterday I even got the name of the transport company. I looked it up and its a TRUCK transport company with offices in Brunswick and 2-3 in the Houston Area.
The dates of departure from Brunswick and ETA in Houston match up perfectly between the two, just not the mode of transport.
I was joking with the MINI agent saying maybe my dealer booked it on a private yacht for a scenic cruise around Florida.

BTW... what page on the mini website? I don't even know of one.
If I call and use the automated system instead of asking for an agent, it just says vehicle arrived at port. It's been saying that for almost two weeks now. That's why I always talk to an agent.

Old 07-16-2019, 07:30 AM
ArchiMark
3rd Gear

OK, got the message......

Your wish is my command.....

Sorry about the weird light reflections in some pics...

See if you can guess what my first mod will be.....

The following 2 users liked this post by ArchiMark:
2017All4 (07-16-2019), DBJ72 (11-09-2019)
Old 07-16-2019, 07:36 AM
d2mini
5th Gear
OK, got the message......

Your wish is my command.....

Sorry about the weird light reflections in some pics...

See if you can guess what my first mod will be.....

Gorgeous! Love those lower front facias on the Cooper S. My fav of all the models.
First mod.... for me it would be window tint. Straight from the dealer to the tint shop. It's pretty much required here in the south. haha

sbreech (07-16-2019)
Old 07-16-2019, 07:39 AM
USA-RET
6th Gear
I'm kinda "diggin'" the Mary Kay license plate frame.

2017All4 (07-16-2019)
Old 07-16-2019, 07:40 AM
2017All4
Super Moderator
Received 507 Likes on 383 Posts
Too many Volkswagens; not enough MINIs in that driveway.

But you're off to a good start.

Nice Car. Congratulations!!

You get The Badge:

Old 07-16-2019, 07:52 AM
d2mini
5th Gear
Originally Posted by 2017All4

But the Beetles are classics now! Last one came off the production line last week.

Old 07-16-2019, 07:53 AM
ArchiMark
3rd Gear
Gorgeous! Love those lower front facias on the Cooper S. My fav of all the models.
First mod.... for me it would be window tint. Straight from the dealer to the tint shop. It's pretty much required here in the south. haha
Thank you!.....

A lot of people do the tint thing here in sunny California too.....but that wasn't my idea for first mod.......

Well, you get the prize for guessing my first mod......although was thinking it helps me get in touch with my inner gay guy I suppose....

And my second mod could be the pink wheel caps to go with it.....

Of course my better half might start getting nervous.....

But you're off to a good start.

Nice Car. Congratulations!!

You get The Badge:

Wow! Nothing gets past you, does it......

You're right, too many bugs in the driveway! I told 'management' that, but does she listen?.......hope you understand they're hers, not mine....but I finally got her to agree that the ol' green one is going bye-bye soon....very soon...

Also, please note that before she got the new Bug a few months ago, I brought to the MINI dealer and got her to do a test drive.....she loves the outside of MINIs and liked how it drove, but didn't like all the black material inside the car....so, when she saw the white Bug with with white dash with tan trim and tan seats and carpets, she was sold.....too bad, as I was hoping to get a 2 fer 1 deal at MINI......oh well, you can lead a horse to water, but.......

Now back to MINI land....

Thanks for the good words and my first badge!

Not exactly the one I was expecting, but it's a start!

Hopefully, lil' MINI grasshoppa, will please MINI sensei soon and earn next badge....

Old 07-16-2019, 08:05 AM
ArchiMark
3rd Gear
But the Beetles are classics now! Last one came off the production line last week.
That't true.....

And the green one is a 2000 Millenium Bug GLS we bought new in December 1999.....

And it only has about 80K miles on it!

SWMBO* wanted to keep it and have me deal with the various ongoing repairs needed, but with my work situation I don't have time to deal with it anymore, not to mention the costs involved...told her I was done with it and either get a MINI or another Bug......

Oh well, so it goes........

* Reference to the old UK series 'Rumpole of the Bailey'.....probably before most of you guys time......but we shall see if anyone knows....

Old 07-16-2019, 09:27 AM
2017All4
Super Moderator

* Reference to the old UK series 'Rumpole of the Bailey'.....probably before most of you guys time......but we shall see if anyone knows....
She who must....

BTW, don't wanna talk about the 1958 black VW beetle my dad bought brand new and then traded in to a Volvo dealer in 1966 for $300 credit toward a Volvo 122S. That V-dub had about 36,000 miles, all original and flawless. And that Volvo became a classic as well -- long since sold too. Woulda, shoulda, coulda....

Old 07-16-2019, 09:37 AM
ArchiMark
3rd Gear
She who must....
Like I said earlier, nuthin' gets past you......

OK, another prize for you.....

Here's your Two Star Badge, sensei....

BTW, don't wanna talk about the 1958 black VW beetle my dad bought brand new and then traded in to a Volvo dealer in 1966 for $300 credit toward a Volvo 122S. That V-dub had about 36,000 miles, all original and flawless. And that Volvo became a classic as well -- long since sold too. Woulda, shoulda, coulda....
Ha!

First car I drove way back when, was the '63 red Bug my dad bought brand new....Years later, he planned to give it to me after I learned how to drive. However, by then, ol' Nader (think it was him..) had said what a death trap they were with no engine in front to absorb crash forces....so, he got rid of it.

Had friend in high school that had one of those old Volvos....great cars....

Yeah, know about woulda, shoulda, coulda.....I sold my '61 Jag MKII 3.8S sedan back in '88 for about $5K.... oh well....

Last edited by ArchiMark; 07-16-2019 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Added Badge
2017All4 (07-16-2019)
Old 07-16-2019, 10:18 AM
ArchiMark
3rd Gear
Your prize for guessing, just came through.....new badge for you!

Old 07-16-2019, 10:38 AM
2017All4
Super Moderator
Like I said earlier, nuthin' gets past you......

OK, another prize for you.....

Here's your Two Star Badge, sensei....

Ha!

First car I drove way back when, was the '63 red Bug my dad bought brand new....Years later, he planned to give it to me after I learned how to drive. However, by then, ol' Nader (think it was him..) had said what a death trap they were with no engine in front to absorb crash forces....so, he got rid of it.

Had friend in high school that had one of those old Volvos....great cars....

Yeah, know about woulda, shoulda, coulda.....I sold my '61 Jag MKII 3.8S sedan back in '88 for about $5K.... oh well....

Of the many honors I have received in my long life, this badge is the greatest ever bestowed upon me. I am (almost) humbled.

In your honor, I will take SWMBO to lunch today and we will drive her 1984 XJ6 VDP, which I just hand washed for her. She who must....

Old 07-16-2019, 11:42 AM
ArchiMark
3rd Gear
Of the many honors I have received in my long life, this badge is the greatest ever bestowed upon me. I am (almost) humbled.
Whoa......that's some compliment.....

It is lil' grasshoppa that is humbled by this......

In your honor, I will take SWMBO to lunch today and we will drive her 1984 XJ6 VDP, which I just hand washed for her. She who must....
Go for it, dude.....might be another badge in it for you....

Hey, that reminds me....has the Committee decided about my signature badge yet?

With all due respect,

Lil' Grasshoppa

Old 07-16-2019, 12:37 PM
USA-RET
6th Gear

Well, you get the prize for guessing my first mod......although was thinking it helps me get in touch with my inner gay guy I suppose....

And my second mod could be the pink wheel caps to go with it.....

Of course my better half might start getting nervous.....

You crack me up....LOL Funny stuff!

Old 07-16-2019, 02:06 PM
2017All4
Super Moderator
Whoa......that's some compliment.....

It is lil' grasshoppa that is humbled by this......

Go for it, dude.....might be another badge in it for you....

Hey, that reminds me....has the Committee decided about my signature badge yet?

With all due respect,

Lil' Grasshoppa
Have to work on it. We must all wait until The Committee moves in the mysterious ways its wonders to behold.

In the mean time, at lunch today. Note the fine hand wash job...

Old 07-16-2019, 02:28 PM
ArchiMark
3rd Gear
You crack me up....LOL Funny stuff!
Ummm......grasshoppa always very serious......

not understand......

Quick Reply: Thinking of New MINI Cooper 2 Door - Cooper vs S ?