1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This site needs a reputable mechanic list!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 11:37 AM
rondayvous
2nd Gear
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
This site needs a reputable mechanic list!!!!

Many other sites like this have a sticky thread where mechanics can list their services and users can recommend mechanics. This would be invaluable on a national level since many of us would be willing to drive an hour or two to avoid going to our local dealer (who might also be an hour or so away!

PLEASE POST IF YOU WORK ON MINI's!!!!!!!!

Last edited by rondayvous; 02-15-2019 at 02:50 PM.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:44 PM
Aabaco_R53
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
minimania i believe has a list posted on their website organized by state... if not them, it was one of them i found that did..

edit: it was them... here is a link

https://www.minimania.com/Mini_Cooper_Tuners_and_Shops

Old 02-15-2019, 01:07 PM
DneprDave
6th Gear
Received 85 Likes on 77 Posts
The following users liked this post:
ECSTuning (02-15-2019)
Old 02-15-2019, 01:14 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
Feel free to add us to your list. We are a FULL service MINI shop that we ONLY work on MINI Coopers. Often because we sell parts online people don't realize that we are not just an online retailer as we have real world in shop experience with the parts we sell and doing repairs and diagnosis on MINIs.

Those two lists already posted are bias. We don't buy from Mania so they don't list us.
And the minirepair site shows shops that pay to be on their list. Since we don't pay them they bury our listing even if we are closer or better than the first 5 pages of shops you see listed. It causes a disservice to you the customer. And honestly most the shops listed are just shops that say they work on MINIs. The number of shops in the US that are not dealers like us that ONLY work on MINI is a very small handful.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 02-15-2019, 02:02 PM
Aabaco_R53
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WayMotorWorks
Feel free to add us to your list. We are a FULL service MINI shop that we ONLY work on MINI Coopers. Often because we sell parts online people don't realize that we are not just an online retailer as we have real world in shop experience with the parts we sell and doing repairs and diagnosis on MINIs.

Those two lists already posted are bias. We don't buy from Mania so they don't list us.
And the minirepair site shows shops that pay to be on their list. Since we don't pay them they bury our listing even if we are closer or better than the first 5 pages of shops you see listed. It causes a disservice to you the customer. And honestly most the shops listed are just shops that say they work on MINIs. The number of shops in the US that are not dealers like us that ONLY work on MINI is a very small handful.
good to know!!!!

Old 02-15-2019, 02:51 PM
rondayvous
2nd Gear
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Yes, you are exactly the kinda guys I'd like to have a list of!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by WayMotorWorks

Old 02-15-2019, 06:10 PM
buzzsaw
6th Gear
Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
www.Bavarianautomotive.com. The very best in the Wichita Ks area. I have been a loyal customer for over ten years.

Old 02-16-2019, 05:32 AM
Kcyotz
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Both of these shops are independent BMW/Mini shops in Kansas City, Missouri. I believe both have been mentioned before on here in response to the question "who works on minis in Kansas City."

https://www.autobahnkc.com/
http://hafkemeyermotors.com/

I haven't personally used either one yet. But, I talked to the service manager at Hafkemeyer on the phone before I bought my Mini. He spend about 20 minutes talking to me about which cars have what problems, potential cost of those issues and even gave me an opinion on what to look for on my car and whether the price was reasonable. Hafkemeyer is the first place I'm going to try when the time comes that I need someone else to work on the car.