1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 03:44 PM
grmnxtc
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group

Thought I'd start a new thread, as today I received my confirmation number for my (well the wife's!) 2014 JCW Clubman...

Whoohoo! Let the countdown, anticipation and stress begin.....

Anyone else joining the 2014 club???

Old 08-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
Have fun waiting.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:06 PM
Shubert
1st Gear
Did you order from Ontario? I put my order in several weeks ago and just found out today that as of today it's waiting to go on a boat. Mine is also a 2014 JCW Clubman, but in Reef Blue. Can't wait!!

Old 08-09-2013, 05:55 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Waiting on a 2014 Chili Red JCW Roadster, ordered 7/23/2013, currently "Scheduled for Production". I have the Production # and a VIN # assigned, so hopefully it will be rolling through the production line and status changing to "Awaiting Transport" in the coming week.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:40 PM
hobbes75
1st Gear
Have a 2014 Crystal Silver CM All4 on order. Order placed on 8/3 and slotted in to one of the dealers already on order inventory cars. Showing "Scheduled for Production" but no VIN # assigned yet.

Old 08-10-2013, 02:50 PM
grmnxtc
1st Gear
Congrats!

Mine still shows as "on Order"...

Does checking the status constantly makes it happen any quicker?

Old 08-11-2013, 06:34 AM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
have a 2014 "S" Convertible midnight black.Purchased 7/26 and finally ordered in a dealer slot on 8/8. Owners lounge updated to show correct vehicle and order details. Hoping for delivery by Oct 1 or sooner.......

Details:
Chrome line interior and exterior
City pack
Sport, technology and cold weather packages
17 in conical black
climate control
Mini connect with Nav
black headlamps
retractable headlamp washers
Harmon Kardon
Black Punch Leather

Old 08-11-2013, 06:59 AM
Marination
1st Gear
Ordered 6/28, into production 7/19, production complete 7/29(estimate), still waiting for a ship 8/10..........

2014 Kite blue MINI Clubman, black roof, MINI Yours Package with Satellite Gray Interior name TBD but leaning towards Folly

Old 08-11-2013, 09:27 AM
14PacemanS
2nd Gear
Just got my production number for my Paceman S....details in sig

Old 08-12-2013, 03:34 PM
rmorgan619
Neutral
When I went in to order my CM in late June I had planned on ordering a 2013 but was told they would have access to the 2014 soon so I gave them my specs and told them to put the order in as soon as they were released. My order was placed on 7/1/2013 and I only have 3 more days until she's in port. Hopefully I will have her by this time next week (a girl can dream, right?)

Old 08-12-2013, 03:45 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SheldonCoopr
have a 2014 "S" Convertible midnight black.Purchased 7/26 and finally ordered in a dealer slot on 8/8. Owners lounge updated to show correct vehicle and order details. Hoping for delivery by Oct 1 or sooner.......

Details:
Chrome line interior and exterior
City pack
Sport, technology and cold weather packages
17 in conical black
climate control
Mini connect with Nav
black headlamps
retractable headlamp washers
Harmon Kardon
Black Punch Leather

Called "Ask Mini" this morning and production started today on my order with a completion date of 9/5. Then to the port and on to the east coast. Of course came with all the disclaimers that the date could change etc.

Quick production start since my order was placed on 8/8. OL not updated yet however, OL was updated true to form with correct model and options within 48 hours of placing the order.

With any luck will easily beat the Oct 1st date I have mentally prepared for.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:17 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Called "Ask Mini" this morning and production started today on my order with a completion date of 9/5. Then to the port and on to the east coast. Of course came with all the disclaimers that the date could change etc.

Quick production start since my order was placed on 8/8. OL not updated yet however, OL was updated true to form with correct model and options within 48 hours of placing the order.

With any luck will easily beat the Oct 1st date I have mentally prepared for.
Just a bit confused, since the NAM "Track your MINI" thread indicates that actual production only takes 8 days from start to finish. If it's already in production, why the completion date of 9/5 (which is 24 days from today)? Hopefully it will be finished sooner, and moved to "In Transport".

Old 08-12-2013, 06:21 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Originally Posted by KennyR
Waiting on a 2014 Chili Red JCW Roadster, ordered 7/23/2013, currently "Scheduled for Production". I have the Production # and a VIN # assigned, so hopefully it will be rolling through the production line and status changing to "Awaiting Transport" in the coming week.

Just heard from Ask MINI that my Roadster will be finished with production on 8/14! Hope it hitches that transport quickly so I can start to track the ship's progress across the pond.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:37 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
Just a bit confused, since the NAM "Track your MINI" thread indicates that actual production only takes 8 days from start to finish. If it's already in production, why the completion date of 9/5 (which is 24 days from today)? Hopefully it will be finished sooner, and moved to "In Transport".
Yeah I asked about that difference and they could not give me much more info. They said it was starting production this morning they were gathering the parts and the build was slated for production being completed by 9/5.

Congrats on the roadster being completed!! Maybe will get on the high speed ferry to the US

Old 08-12-2013, 06:45 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Yeah I asked about that difference and they could not give me much more info. They said it was starting production this morning they were gathering the parts and the build was slated for production being completed by 9/5.

Congrats on the roadster being completed!! Maybe will get on the high speed ferry to the US

Thanks. You should check with Ask Mini (actual customer service) in 8 days and see if they give you the same info. Seems a bit too long from "gathering parts" to "completed production". Hope things get moving faster for yours!

Old 08-12-2013, 07:06 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
Thanks. You should check with Ask Mini (actual customer service) in 8 days and see if they give you the same info. Seems a bit too long from "gathering parts" to "completed production". Hope things get moving faster for yours!

Maybe summer shut down . Will call them back in about a week for an update. Patience is not my strong suit may get thrown out of home in a week if I keep obsessing

Will hit the wine cellar hard for next 4 weeks

Old 08-13-2013, 07:18 AM
Marination
1st Gear
MINI loaded on the Topeka this morning, eta 9/4 Port Hueneme!

Ordered 6/28, into production 7/19, production complete 7/29(estimate), boarded Topeka 8/13

2014 Kite blue MINI Clubman, black roof, MINI Yours Package with Satellite Gray Interior name TBD but leaning towards Folly

Old 08-13-2013, 01:32 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Marination
MINI loaded on the Topeka this morning, eta 9/4 Port Hueneme!

Ordered 6/28, into production 7/19, production complete 7/29(estimate), boarded Topeka 8/13

Great to see it in transit! But you'd think by now that MINI could figure out a way to take fewer than 15 days after production to get it loaded onto a ship...

Old 08-13-2013, 01:55 PM
Marination
1st Gear
That is THE question of the day.
She was initially booked on a ship 8/3 but was then "returned to shipper."
I've been trying to find out why, worried it was due to damage while loading, but haven't been able to get an answer from my MA.
I even tried emailing the shipping company but their response was "the shipper knows why" the car was returned and referred me back to the dealer. Frustrating.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:40 PM
Project
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Marination
That is THE question of the day.
She was initially booked on a ship 8/3 but was then "returned to shipper."
I've been trying to find out why, worried it was due to damage while loading, but haven't been able to get an answer from my MA.
I even tried emailing the shipping company but their response was "the shipper knows why" the car was returned and referred me back to the dealer. Frustrating.
probably overbooked

Old 08-14-2013, 05:00 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
Checked with actual customer service again, same answer "Production started this past Monday with estimated completion date of 9/5"

Also OL is updated with in production. I at least have my VIN number. Guess they are taking great care with each and every part.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:16 PM
Shubert
1st Gear
Yessss! My car is on the Topeka and should be in Hueneme on the 4h of September!

Old 08-14-2013, 08:32 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Checked with actual customer service again, same answer "Production started this past Monday with estimated completion date of 9/5"

Also OL is updated with in production. I at least have my VIN number. Guess they are taking great care with each and every part.
My car was changed in the Owner's Lounge to "in production" the day I got my VIN number, and was completed in 8 days (status not yet changed), so hopefully yours will be moving along a bit quicker than the original completion date they gave you.

I wonder if your build timing is "off" due to your vehicle order getting switched into one of your dealer's existing slots...that was a bit quicker than others. Anyway, now we just wait!

Old 08-15-2013, 01:01 PM
MiNiSandpirate
2nd Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
yeaaaaa....i ordered my JCW Paceman on 7/15...been "in production" since 7/22...no VIN...nothing...no one can tell me why...i even checked all of the other production numbers around mine and they were all built and shipped while mine still languishes in cyberspace...they keep telling me week 35 production however if i dont get an answer beyond we dont know by this weekend someone is going to get a very nasty phone call...you cant tell me they are waiting for something considering they built 10 JCW Paceman all around my production number...

Old 08-15-2013, 03:57 PM
grmnxtc
1st Gear
PROGRESS!!!! It's in production!!!

Guess my constant checking in on the owners lounge made them take notice

nah... probably took them a time to get all the "options" together... this build has pretty much all of it - and the kitchen sink. ..... Recaro's, JCW dash, Chili Red interior surface, City Pack, Technology Pack, Nav package, Rear spoiler, Auto, GDO and compass mirror, Adaptive Xenons with white turns, retractable headlight washers, auto climate, rear fog, chrome line interior.

Then the dealer (or the VDC) will fit the drilled JCW brakes, driving lights, extra gauges and roof graphic.

Dealer is also having the rear bumper insert and lower C pillars painted to match the body, and adding some custom stripes to the hood.

Should be killer when it's all together.

Does anyone else have a box full of "bits" in their garage ready to go... kinda like Baby Shower gifts? .... I'm guilty....

Let's see there's a chrome scoop, mats, Union Jack stuff, Space saver wheel/tire and tray (getting rid of the runflats as quick as possible), internal LED lights, new scuttles, red front seat belts, red brake ducts...and a bunch more...

Aiming for this as a finished look when all is said and done...

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group