1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 05:51 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by grmnxtc
We're in the same group.... I've been checking and not seen any movement from "scheduled for production" for a while now. I called the "live people" and was told it's completion should be Sep 6th.

You'll get yours before me, I'm sure, as mine has the Panama Canal to negotiate before arriving on the West Coast.
We are being built in same week mine has been scheduled for production with a production date of 9/6/13 since August 8th. I talked to rep @ Ask Mini today and they did not have any additional details for me.

Looking forward to seeing it move out of production by next Friday!

Old 08-28-2013, 06:57 PM
14PacemanS
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tampadave
Port Loc. = BALPOA
Order Status = 112-Scheduled for daily
Priority = 1-Customer Sold

UPDATE: I just called ASK MINI. The MINI rep said the "112-Sceduled for daily" refers to an order 'pack'. 'Pack 112' is a group of MINIs that were assigned for production by MINI for particular dealerships on August 2nd, which was actually 15 days before I ordered my Roadster S. Thus, my car slipped into a slot previously allocated to my dealer. I guess that's a good thing...

I checked my VIR today, I am also in "Pack 112"....my production started Mon. Looks like it's a pretty big pack, I wonder if mine will ship faster than those of you with the later production dates, or stay as a Pack and ship out together.

Old 08-29-2013, 03:49 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by 14PacemanS
I checked my VIR today, I am also in "Pack 112"....my production started Mon. Looks like it's a pretty big pack, I wonder if mine will ship faster than those of you with the later production dates, or stay as a Pack and ship out together.
On my order date of 8/17, I was told 9/2 for production and 9/26 for delivery by my Sales Manager. You went into production earlier, so you may ship quicker too. I'm taking all dates with a grain of salt - I have my Budget rental car [Fiat 500] until 10/05 just to make sure I'm covered. Fortunately, Budget will refund the difference if I return the Fiat 500 early.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:57 AM
jwardell
6th Gear
Mine has been sitting in the VDC in NJ over a week now. Frustrating!

Old 08-29-2013, 07:29 AM
QuietHarper
2nd Gear
So, just called in to MINI -- scheduled for production starting week 36, to finish week 37. Assuming I'm counting weeks correctly on the calendar, that sounds like next week for a start, and the week after for finish. Woohoo! Then it's waiting for the crossing to Baltimore.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:52 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
Congratulations on your successful update!

The ASK MINI rep just said my Roadster S is scheduled for production the first week of September, provided the factory doesn't encounter any 'delays'. Assuming no 'delays', this corresponds precisely with the September 2nd production date given by the Sales Manager on August 17th, the date of my order. I hope she's correct!

Old 08-29-2013, 02:30 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think we need to start a new thread: "How accurate was the original time estimate provided by your MA (or your Ask MINI advisor) between placing your MINI order and it's actual delivery date?".

Old 08-29-2013, 02:45 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by KennyR
I think we need to start a new thread: "How accurate was the original time estimate provided by your MA (or your Ask MINI advisor) between placing your MINI order and it's actual delivery date?".
I'm absorbing ASK MINI news updates cautiously. It only takes one thing to screw up the timetable for a sophisticated machine being produced in England.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:27 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
I'm absorbing ASK MINI news updates cautiously. It only takes one thing to screw up the timetable for a sophisticated machine being produced in England.
I believe us boys in the US got caught messing with the English lads holiday so they decided to extend the holiday an extra week. Now they are back and come out here after a long day working on assembling our orders and laugh at our lack of patience and whining about our production dates!

4 weeks down and 4 to go

Old 08-29-2013, 06:38 PM
Marination
1st Gear
For the posters pondering shipping logistics I just happened to hear about a new book on NPR this afternoon that is about freight shipping. "Ninety Percent of Everything: Inside Shipping, the Invisible Industry That Puts Clothes on Your Back, Gas in Your Car, and Food on Your Plate."
Sounds intriguing.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:47 AM
QuietHarper
2nd Gear
I just dug out my VIR as well -- I'm part of the 112 Pack. So, I guess we're all in it together. I wish the OL website would update a little more often - it still says - 'On Order'. It's a pain for me to call into Mini until mid-September -- I'm on a project in Perú and telecommunications are sometimes quite chancy, so the website is a much better option... except for the fact that it does not update.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:56 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
No change in the Owner's Lounge. Something tells me the OL will still read 'on order' two years from now.

MINI owners of #112 .... the wait continues.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:05 PM
QuietHarper
2nd Gear
No change in the Owner's Lounge. Something tells me the OL will still read 'on order' two years from now.

LOL. Yes.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:44 PM
14PacemanS
2nd Gear

LOL....guess I was lucky, they changed my status 2 days after production started!!

I think mine should be completed by now!! I'll call next week, don't want to call twice in the same week.

Old 08-30-2013, 06:08 PM
KennyR
4th Gear

I couldn't get any additional info from Ask MINI when mine was "Scheduled for Production" for a while. But since I had the scheduled Production Date from my MA. I just waited the 8 days after for the production to be completed, the 2-3 days to transport the car to the shipping terminal, and on a hunch, I just typed my VIN into the "Track and Trace/Cargo ID " section of the WW shipping website.

To my surprise, it came up listed as "Booked", then "Received at Terminal", etc. I know this doesn't work if your car is scheduled to be shipped on K-line, but I never did get to talk to Ask MINI during my waiting period.

Hope this may work for you as well.

Old 08-30-2013, 06:22 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by 14PacemanS
LOL....guess I was lucky, they changed my status 2 days after production started!!

I think mine should be completed by now!! I'll call next week, don't want to call twice in the same week.
Next week should be big week on this thread for orders moving out of production to transport!!!!

Old 08-31-2013, 09:44 AM
Bludevilx
2nd Gear
Hello everyone, does anyone know if the 2013s are built separate from the 2014s? I have a 2013 cooper s on order and have been on the 2013 thread but I've also been following here a bit and it seems I'm more in line with the MINIs here than with the 2013s. Production of Scooter is scheduled to be complete next week on the 4th and I see alot of others in this thread have similar completion dates.

Old 08-31-2013, 10:01 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Bludevilx
Hello everyone, does anyone know if the 2013s are built separate from the 2014s? I have a 2013 cooper s on order and have been on the 2013 thread but I've also been following here a bit and it seems I'm more in line with the MINIs here than with the 2013s. Production of Scooter is scheduled to be complete next week on the 4th and I see alot of others in this thread have similar completion dates.
Is yours a hardtop?

Old 08-31-2013, 10:04 AM
Bludevilx
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SuperGreg
Is yours a hardtop?
Yes, build is in my Sig.

Old 08-31-2013, 10:11 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear

Yes, build is in my Sig.
I'm on an iPhone and don't have sigs turned on. 2014 hardtops won't go into production for a while yet. That would be the F56. I believe they won't even be officially shown to the world until the Frankfurt auto show in November.

Old 08-31-2013, 05:42 PM
14PacemanS
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SuperGreg
I'm on an iPhone and don't have sigs turned on. 2014 hardtops won't go into production for a while yet. That would be the F56. I believe they won't even be officially shown to the world until the Frankfurt auto show in November.

His is a 2013 according to his sig....not a '14

Old 08-31-2013, 05:49 PM
Bludevilx
2nd Gear
Yea mine is a 13 I was just wondering if my MINI might maybe be heading out with the 14 batch from this thread since my production completion date is supposed to be September 4th.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:54 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
To respond to your original question, since your build is a 2013 hardtop and there are no changes to this model until later this year when the new F56 model will replace the hardtop, your car was built on the same MINI assembly lines in Oxford as the other 2014 models. The hardtop will continue to be produced as a 2013 for several more months.

3 days after your scheduled completion date, it should be at the Southampton port to be loaded on a cargo ship. So on Sept 7-8, try the WW shipping website, enter your VIN number into the "search cargo" box, and it hopefully it will be there and you can follow. If it ships on K-line, the shipping search process is more complex (see other sticky threads for more info).

Old 08-31-2013, 08:21 PM
timmy12
1st Gear
Send pics!

Old 08-31-2013, 08:46 PM
Bludevilx
2nd Gear
Thanks Kennyr. That's basically what I wanted to know. So my MINI will be shipping with mostly 2014s.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group