1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 02:20 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grumpy,

Were you able to trace your MINI to a specific ship via the WW Cargo ID (VIN#)? I thought you mentioned the Turandot (speculation or actual?). Looks like we were released to the carrier about the same time, but you're headed to Brunswick and I'm heading to Baltimore. Since we finished production and were just released to the carrier, it seems early to get booked on a ship .... or maybe not.

Last edited by tampadave; 09-13-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:01 PM
vtmini38
2nd Gear
For those of you not watching the Turandot is on the move toward Southhampton. Frank

Old 09-13-2013, 03:16 PM
vtmini38
2nd Gear
The Turandot should be docked in Southampton before 16:00 EDST tomorrow (09/14). Frank

Old 09-13-2013, 04:29 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
I was released to the carrier about the same time as Grumpy, who seems sure he's on the Turandot. I wonder which ship is mine? The Titantic?

Old 09-13-2013, 04:32 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by vtmini38
The Turandot should be docked in Southampton before 16:00 EDST tomorrow (09/14). Frank
Thanks for the updates great to see her on the move. Looking forward to joining you onboard sometime sunday

Old 09-13-2013, 05:12 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tampadave
I was released to the carrier about the same time as Grumpy, who seems sure he's on the Turandot. I wonder which ship is mine? The Titantic?
Hey TDave,

You will definitely be on the Independence on the 18th if you miss the one leaving on the 15th. Hope it falls into place for you to pickup before you leave on your trip!

Dave

Old 09-13-2013, 05:21 PM
14PacemanS
2nd Gear
d#$% IT....I can't get any more info on mine. You guys are pissing me off getting on ships!!! LOL

ASK MINI can't tell me anymore than its awaiting transport, my MA can't even give me an estimated delivery date. All I know is it was completed on the 4th and in the port on the 9th. Took awhile to complete, was started on the 26th if I remember correctly.

I guess it's expecting too much to get on a ship quickly since it just arrived at port on the 9th. AHHH, this world of instant gratification!!! NOT WHEN YOU ARE WAITING ON A MINI!!!

Oh well hope you all receive your MINIs safe and quickly....venting is over now. Just had to get that out. Not good to hold it in(that's what my wife says anyway). But what does she know, she's not waiting on a MINI!!!

Old 09-13-2013, 05:22 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by SheldonCoopr
Hey TDave,

You will definitely be on the Independence on the 18th if you miss the one leaving on the 15th. Hope it falls into place for you to pickup before you leave on your trip!

Dave
If I get the Tonsberg, it arrives in Baltimore on 9/25. That gives me 10 days to clear the Baltimore VDC and make the dealership (an hour's drive from Baltimore) before I turn in my Fiat 500 rental car. If I make the Independence II, that narrows my margin to 7 days.

It figures. We're leaving for a two week vacation on the Florida Gulf Coast from 10/12 to 10/26. I'll drive my Roadster a few days, then kiss it goodbye. Parting is such sweet sorrow...

*Taking off for Starbucks then Barnes & Noble. I'll catch any new messages late tonight. Thanks for the input SC!

Old 09-13-2013, 05:34 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
If I get the Tonsberg, it arrives in Baltimore on 9/25. That gives me 10 days to clear the Baltimore VDC and make the dealership (an hour's drive from Baltimore) before I turn in my Fiat 500 rental car. If I make the Independence II, that narrows my margin to 7 days.

It figures. We're leaving for a two week vacation on the Florida Gulf Coast from 10/12 to 10/26. I'll drive my Roadster a few days, then kiss it goodbye. Parting is such sweet sorrow...

*Taking off for Starbucks then Barnes & Noble. I'll catch any new messages late tonight. Thanks for the input SC!
Let's see weeks ago I think I took dibs on 10/5 for your delivery I'm going to stick with that. You definitely will have before he 12th! At least it will be safe in your garage resting for a few weeks.

Old 09-13-2013, 05:59 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by vtmini38
For those of you not watching the Turandot is on the move toward Southhampton. Frank
She just crossed into UK water's moving at a quick 16 notes . but who's watching her?......... ME!

Old 09-13-2013, 06:24 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Think SS Minnow, the captain and Gilligan. " they're hear for along, long time..."...

Old 09-13-2013, 06:50 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by 14PacemanS
d#$% IT....I can't get any more info on mine. You guys are pissing me off getting on ships!!! LOL

ASK MINI can't tell me anymore than its awaiting transport, my MA can't even give me an estimated delivery date. All I know is it was completed on the 4th and in the port on the 9th. Took awhile to complete, was started on the 26th if I remember correctly.

I guess it's expecting too much to get on a ship quickly since it just arrived at port on the 9th. AHHH, this world of instant gratification!!! NOT WHEN YOU ARE WAITING ON A MINI!!!

Oh well hope you all receive your MINIs safe and quickly....venting is over now. Just had to get that out. Not good to hold it in(that's what my wife says anyway). But what does she know, she's not waiting on a MINI!!!

I'm betting you are joining us on the Turnadot . I am same status in OL and Mini Ask however, put my VIN number in the link below this morning and it showed on the Turnadot's manifest.

Try it out you may haves same result enter on the cargo line:

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

Dave

Old 09-13-2013, 08:29 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by KennyR
Think SS Minnow, the captain and Gilligan. " they're hear for along, long time..."...
Thanks, Kenny, I feel like Gilligan. And now for an update on Hurricane Humberto...

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group-humberto.gif  
Old 09-13-2013, 08:36 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by SheldonCoopr
Let's see weeks ago I think I took dibs on 10/5 for your delivery I'm going to stick with that. You definitely will have before he 12th! At least it will be safe in your garage resting for a few weeks.
10/5 would hit my rental car turn-in date perfectly. Still, I would love to get my Roadster quicker. I'm hoping to ship on the "Tonsberg", which would get my MINI to Baltimore by 9/25. Barring damage in transit, my Roadster may depart the VDC for MINI of Sterling by 9/27. That's the best case scenario, of course. I prefer not to think of the worst case scenario.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:37 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by 14PacemanS

You're entitled to vent. I'm in limbo myself.

Old 09-14-2013, 04:36 AM
vtmini38
2nd Gear
The good ship Turandot is sitting near the entrance to the Port of Southampton, 07:30 EDST. Frank

Old 09-14-2013, 06:41 AM
vtmini38
2nd Gear
The good ship Turandot has landed, well ahead of schedule, in Southampton. Frank

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...0.8863&zoom=15

Old 09-14-2013, 06:57 AM
Grumpy_i_m
2nd Gear
You're entitled to vent. I'm in limbo myself.
T Dave, Sorry I have been at Soccer Games with the family.
I have not called anyone since I was notified that my MINI had been released to the carrier. I later that day entered the VIN in the WW site and got the Turandot info.

"By the way the Turandot is being postioned at the MINI pier in SouthHampton as I write this missive. "

It appears even if you get the Independence II, your MINI will arrive Baltimore before mine does in Brunswick GA. I am still looking at something like the 2nd week of Oct. for pick-up.

BTW.. The Titanic was a fine ship. could not carry many cars though. The Turandot and Independence types are purpose built car carriers can carry up to 6002 cars each. Amazing.

Turandot picture at the SouthHampton UK MINI dock below.

Last edited by Grumpy_i_m; 11-16-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:13 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Grumpy_i_m
T Dave, Sorry I have been at Soccer Games with the family.
I have not called anyone since I was notified that my MINI had been released to the carrier. I later that day entered the VIN in the WW site and got the Turandot info.

"By the way the Turandot is being postioned at the MINI pier in SouthHampton as I write this missive. "

It appears even if you get the Independence II, your MINI will arrive Baltimore before mine does in Brunswick GA. I am still looking at something like the 2nd week of Oct. for pick-up.

BTW.. The Titanic was a fine ship. could not carry many cars though. The Turandot and Independence types are purpose built car carriers can carry up to 6002 cars each. Amazing.
Soccer games! Boy, that jogs the old memory. My daughters played travel soccer until high school, at which time they abandoned soccer for crew and field hockey. Both daughters were highly recruited by B1G Ten, ACC, and SEC college rowing coaches and my oldest daughter was in the U.S. Olympic development program for field hockey. Sports does a lot for kids.

As for my Roadster, I remain hopeful for the Tonsberg or the very next K-Line ship. At least Southampton to Baltimore is only a 10 day voyage. Unless I unexpectedly miss the next few ships out of England, I'm still optimistic I'll get my MINI before October 1st. Time will tell. I simply wish I knew where my Roadster is and what ship it's scheduled for. Argh!

Old 09-14-2013, 08:11 PM
grmnxtc
1st Gear
Originally Posted by TheMike
Ours is on the boat. Left port 9 Sept on the WW Vessel Toronto. Scheduled in CA 2 Oct.

Yuppie!!!!!!
It's a party.... ZMINION is also on the lido deck sipping cocktails and watching the sunsets. ...

WhooHoo!

Old 09-14-2013, 08:15 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by grmnxtc
It's a party.... ZMINION is also on the lido deck sipping cocktails and watching the sunsets. ...

WhooHoo!
Congratulations! I'm glad to hear you have a place on a boat with a bona fide ETA.

Old 09-15-2013, 05:26 AM
QuietHarper
2nd Gear
The beast was finished yesterday and is awaiting release to the carrier. Now obsessively checking to see which cruise it'll be taking. Don't think I have a chance at today's sailing, which means that earliest arrival at Baltimore would be end of September.

Old 09-15-2013, 05:49 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by QuietHarper
The beast was finished yesterday and is awaiting release to the carrier. Now obsessively checking to see which cruise it'll be taking. Don't think I have a chance at today's sailing, which means that earliest arrival at Baltimore would be end of September.
Mine was "released to carrier" on Friday. Today is Sunday and I still know nothing. Other guys released Friday depart on America-bound ships today. I'm discouraged, to say the very least. My only good news: USAA offered me 1.75% financing and a USAA-funded $1,000 rebate for purchasing a '14 Roadster. They issued the certification letter yesterday, which I'll submit to MINI Finance at closing. Adds nicely to the $500 dealer sponsored discount. Oh Roadster, where art thou?

QH, let us know if you hear something on a ship. I'll be checking the forum all day. Good luck!

Old 09-15-2013, 06:16 AM
TJANK
4th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Five more days at sea! I hope Captain Stubing is keeping Gopher away from the Mini's.

Old 09-15-2013, 06:35 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by TJANK
Five more days at sea! I hope Captain Stubing is keeping Gopher away from the Mini's.
Good for you, TJANK! I noticed you're in Charlottesville. I attended the US Army JAGC School on UVA's campus years ago. Beautiful town, particularly the historic district! We used to go to a place called the "Blue Ridge Brewery(?), or something to that effect, during my stint as an Army lawyer. I certainly enjoyed my time there. Good luck with your MINI delivery!

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group