1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MINI on order....what's taking so long?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 05:20 PM
rpetrecca
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MINI on order....what's taking so long?

Hi all,
So...about three weeks ago I ordered my very first MINI...the 2012 Cooper S Countryman All4. I got the production number from my dealership the next day...but the status on the MINI Owners Lounge has been telling me it's status is still "ON ORDER"....for the past 3 weeks. So is that normal? My sale advisor did tell me that there was a hold on Countryman production due to shortages in the MINI Connected system...but mine was already allocated one and not subject to the HOLD. This was also confirmed by the North America MINI Production Manager. So I guess I'm glad about that...but when should I expect to move to production?? Would like to hear your "order" stories. I'm really excited about this vehicle and can't wait....it's killing me.

Thanks,

Old 09-11-2011, 07:22 PM
oldsbear
6th Gear
I have ordered three MINIs since 2007, and each has taken about six weeks from order to delivery. There are so many variables that I won't even venture a guess on what's holding up yours. Be aware, though, that the Owners' Lounge is notoriously slow to update.

Here is a good series of posts to help you answer some of your questions. The links helped me track my MINIs from order to delivery, and helped keep me sane.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d-updated.html

Old 09-12-2011, 06:43 AM
minilauren
2nd Gear
I ordered my Countryman S ALL4 in June and I should have it within the next week or so...the end of this week if things go really well. It's just a waiting game. There's a lot of steps that it has to go through to get to the final delivery point. I also have found out that my Sales Mgr has MUCH more up to date info than the 800 number or website.

Make friends with your MA or sales mgr and learn the status codes. My sales mgr sends me almost daily emails with screen shots of the order status...which is MUCH more detailed than what you can get through the website.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:46 AM
rpetrecca
1st Gear
Oldsbear...thanks. I will check them out. BTW....why three MINIs in 4 years? Not a quality/reliability issue is it?

Old 09-12-2011, 09:49 AM
rpetrecca
1st Gear
minilauren...thanks. Yep have already gotten on my MA's good side and yes I agree...the OL and phone number seem to be pretty useless. Ah well...I may have to just visit the showroom to fill my cravings for now.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:51 AM
oldsbear
6th Gear
Originally Posted by rpetrecca
Oldsbear...thanks. I will check them out. BTW....why three MINIs in 4 years? Not a quality/reliability issue is it?
My 2007 MCSm was bought back by BMW/MINI, after 36,000 miles, because of a couple of problems with its engine. I used the proceeds of the buy-back to buy a 2009 MCCm with the non-turbo engine. When MINI's turbo engine got the LCI redesign, I bought my 2011 MCSm. Both the Clubman (now my wife's little baby-hauler/truck) and my new hardtop have been problem-free.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:30 AM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RP,

Here's my timeline. Ordered 7/18 finished production 8/19 found that Owners lounge is days behind actual progress . There is a need to call ASK MINI to get more up to date status. Once finished it had to be transported from Graz Austria to the Port of Bremerhaven. It missed the ship sailing on Aug 24th but the wait killed me until it was loaded on the Otello 8/31. Irene held it up by a couple of days due to arrive in NY (Jersey City) late on 9/15 to be unloaded on the 16th. then it's probably a couple of weeks until delivery. all told about 10 weeks from date of order. Just be patient. Here is a link so you can track it better .

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d-updated.html

All the best,

MGB

Old 09-13-2011, 06:43 AM
minimartin
1st Gear
Originally Posted by rpetrecca
Hi all,
So...about three weeks ago I ordered my very first MINI...the 2012 Cooper S Countryman All4. I got the production number from my dealership the next day...but the status on the MINI Owners Lounge has been telling me it's status is still "ON ORDER"....for the past 3 weeks. So is that normal? My sale advisor did tell me that there was a hold on Countryman production due to shortages in the MINI Connected system...but mine was already allocated one and not subject to the HOLD. This was also confirmed by the North America MINI Production Manager. So I guess I'm glad about that...but when should I expect to move to production?? Would like to hear your "order" stories. I'm really excited about this vehicle and can't wait....it's killing me.

Thanks,
My 2012 MCS was ordered on 7/18 and was completed on 8/23. It took about 4 weeks to start production but the time has gone by fast since then. It is easier when you start to see progress on the OL and hear the status change on ASKMINI. Mine right now has an estimated delivery date of 9/17 (OMG that's Saturday!). Hope "Earl Grey" makes it to me by then!