Vendor Installations at MOTD5 Posts and schedules of vendors offering product installations at the 5th Annual MINIs on the Dragon.

Solar Solutions @ the Dragon

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 07:44 AM
solar solutions
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Solar Solutions @ the Dragon

Hey all. I am going to be tinting at the Dragon Friday thru Sunday. The rate is going to be $100 for the Minis. If you want the sunroof done as well its an extra $25. Please call me or PM if you would like to set up an appointment. Im going to start around 9am till 6 or 7pm Friday and Saturday. Sunday till 1pm. Lets get this thing rolling

FRIDAY:
9am. mini fireman tint
10am. Bungle Tint
11. bullet2006 tint
12: thatatvguy sunroof
1: MINIclo tint and sunroof
2: Trinity Tint
3. Joyride tint
4: JCWGrover Tint

Saturday:
9:30 Sunroof "Muidaq"
10 Sunroof "ISAMINI"
3. hipster2 Tint
4. Mark Turner
Sunday:
9: Ryan Tint

Last edited by solar solutions; 04-29-2007 at 08:16 AM.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:06 PM
muidaq
3rd Gear
Is the $25 good for the sunroof alone or only when done with the rest of the car?

Old 04-08-2007, 04:23 PM
defylogik
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i want mine done, BUT will i have to keep my windows up the rest of the time i am there afterwards? that is my only concern. if not, put me on the list for saturday sometime. thanks!

Old 04-08-2007, 04:24 PM
defylogik
5th Gear
oh and i dont know who did or who owns that neon on your site, but the skulls on the side are BAD AZZ! do they do motorcycle helmets?!!!

Old 04-09-2007, 08:10 AM
thatatvguy
4th Gear
I too would want just the sunroof done.
I was naïve last year about this and didn't listen to everyone.
Boy did I get cooked this past summer.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:09 AM
solar solutions
Banned
Ok.. After you get you windows tinted it is strongly suggested that you keep your windows up for a minimum of 48 hours. However I will be trying to seal it and you would have to wait 4 to 5 hours. Just PM me if you want to make an appoinment.
Yes my friend actually painted the Neon and he does helmets as well. I will try and find his Myspace page and link it!

Old 04-12-2007, 09:13 AM
solar solutions
Banned
Old 04-12-2007, 09:18 AM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Solar, do you know which tints are legal for Cali? I tinted my MINI back in '03 when she was new, but I think it may be time to re-tint. I'd definitely like to do the sunroof on Friday, and would like the 1 PM slot, please.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:30 AM
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MINIclo
Solar, do you know which tints are legal for Cali? I tinted my MINI back in '03 when she was new, but I think it may be time to re-tint. I'd definitely like to do the sunroof on Friday, and would like the 1 PM slot, please.
It's illegal in the state of CA to have ANY tint on either of your two front windows. That being said i've had 20% tint on the front and limo tint on the rear since October in this car and haven't been bothered by anyone.

Basically what it comes down to is this, if you were a cop, walking up to some random person's car at midnight on a dark street, would you want to walk up to a car and not be able to see inside? When I got pulled over in the past, I'd roll ALL my windows down, to give the cop a piece of mind walking up to see that I have nothing to hide. Unless he's just bored or want's to be an *** he's not going to ticket you for front tint.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:39 AM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Originally Posted by rustyboy155
It's illegal in the state of CA to have ANY tint on either of your two front windows. That being said i've had 20% tint on the front and limo tint on the rear since October in this car and haven't been bothered by anyone.

Basically what it comes down to is this, if you were a cop, walking up to some random person's car at midnight on a dark street, would you want to walk up to a car and not be able to see inside? When I got pulled over in the past, I'd roll ALL my windows down, to give the cop a piece of mind walking up to see that I have nothing to hide. Unless he's just bored or want's to be an *** he's not going to ticket you for front tint.
Yes, I know about the two front windows, rustyboy, and all of the reasoning behind it...thanks...been a Cali gal all my (long) life! I have the backseat and hatch windows tinted currently, but they have faded.

When I had them done originally in 2003, I was in Tampa, FL on my first road trip, and the shop was careful to fall in line with the California regulations. I kind of wish I'd gotten limo-tint, though!

Old 04-12-2007, 09:41 AM
6th Gear
Yes, I know about the two front windows, rustyboy, and all of the reasoning behind it...thanks...been a Cali gal all my (long) life! I have the backseat and hatch windows tinted currently, but they have faded.

When I had them done originally in 2003, I was in Tampa, FL on my first road trip, and the shop was careful to fall in line with the California regulations. I kind of wish I'd gotten limo-tint, though!
Whoops! I misread your post. Should have looked at who posted it. I should have known you would know

Old 04-12-2007, 09:43 AM
6th Gear

Btw... your tint faded in only 4 years? What brand tint was it? Most of the major brands say their tint is fadeproof . I went with 3m tint, and ended up getting it done for $115

Old 04-12-2007, 09:52 AM
SNEEEZY - Erika
Rattle Can Queen!!!
Are you going to be doing any installs for the windshield protection film?

Any info (cost + install fee) would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-12-2007, 03:02 PM
solar solutions
Banned
Not sure on the Clearplex just yet. I will decide in a few days. Its just alot more work, just want to see how it goes. As for Cali laws go, nothing on the 2 front windows and anything on the back windows.

Old 04-13-2007, 06:57 AM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Originally Posted by solar solutions
Not sure on the Clearplex just yet. I will decide in a few days. Its just alot more work, just want to see how it goes. As for Cali laws go, nothing on the 2 front windows and anything on the back windows.
Please add me to the Friday at 1 PM slot for the sunroof and windows. Thanks!

Old 04-15-2007, 09:33 PM
JoyRide
2nd Gear
3:00 pm sat. slot

Mark,

I'd like the 3:00 Saturday slot.

No sunroof on my MINI.
I live in GA so tint on all side & back windows is OK...just not way dark.

I want 30% please.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:11 AM
Paul!
6th Gear
I just got my windows tinted by Carlos @ Solar Solutions this weekend as he's local to me. Outstanding job! He really does top-notch work. As soon as the sun comes out and I can wash my MINI, I'll take some pics and post them online.

I had my previous MINI tinted by him as well, and in the year that I had it after it got tinted, with the exception of me gouging the passenger window, it looked as good as the day I got it when it was sold!

He's also done many MINIs in the DCMM club, and as far as I know, no one has anything but great things to say!

(and I swear I didn't get a discount for this post, I just appreciate good work! )

-Paul!

Old 04-16-2007, 03:14 PM
JustJAY
6th Gear
Originally Posted by JoyRide
Mark,

No sunroof on my MINI.

I want 30% please.
Actually his name is Carlos

Old 04-17-2007, 06:44 AM
solar solutions
Banned
Originally Posted by JoyRide
Mark,

No sunroof on my MINI.

I want 30% please.
Can we do 2pm or 5pm?

Old 04-17-2007, 05:47 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Originally Posted by Paul!
I just got my windows tinted by Carlos @ Solar Solutions this weekend as he's local to me. Outstanding job! He really does top-notch work. As soon as the sun comes out and I can wash my MINI, I'll take some pics and post them online.

I had my previous MINI tinted by him as well, and in the year that I had it after it got tinted, with the exception of me gouging the passenger window, it looked as good as the day I got it when it was sold!

He's also done many MINIs in the DCMM club, and as far as I know, no one has anything but great things to say!

(and I swear I didn't get a discount for this post, I just appreciate good work! )

-Paul!
Yes...please post your pix, Paul! I had a nice chat with Carlos yesterday, and I'm going to get the legal tint, plus the sunroof. I'm going much darker this time.

In response to rustyboy, I do not garage my MINI, so I am sure that the UV exposure in L.A. helped to fade it. Don't recall what kind of tint was used...I'm in FL, but when I get home late next month, I'll see if I can find my original receipt for the tint. I had it done originally by a shop in Tampa, FL back in April 2003.

Old 04-18-2007, 04:06 AM
mdsbrain
OVERDRIVE
MINIClo if it helps, my ex-car is the PS MCS pictured in his galllery:
http://solarsolutionsmd.com/gallery/

35% all around with 5% on the sunroof.

Old 04-18-2007, 06:38 AM
thatatvguy
4th Gear
Clo, I've had Llumar on my S10 for 8 years and it has not been in a garage a day in it's life. If there is any fade, it's very minimal. It was the less expensive stuff too.

Old 04-18-2007, 11:26 AM
SNEEEZY - Erika
Rattle Can Queen!!!
Originally Posted by solar solutions
Any decision on the Clearplex?

Old 04-23-2007, 09:44 AM
Bullet2006
2nd Gear
Hi Mark,

I have the time slot on Friday @11:00am. I would like to go with the 20% tint on the front two windows and the 5% (Limo) on the others.
Thanks, Pete

Old 04-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Trinity07
6th Gear
I just sent a PM for 35% all around on Friday at 2pm.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Solar Solutions @ the Dragon