Vendor Group Buys Group Buys from the Sponsors of North American Motoring.

Battle Tuning N14 Groupbuy

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 12:41 PM
BattleTuning
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the inquiries!

Old 01-31-2014, 07:35 PM
DTH2CHRM
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just ordered my Stage 2. Can't wait!!!

Old 02-01-2014, 11:21 AM
BattleTuning
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by DTH2CHRM
Just ordered my Stage 2. Can't wait!!!

Old 02-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Ta87
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quick question: Say we order a Stg 2 tune, then a few months down the road we add/upgrade a few components. How much would the re-tune be?

Old 02-01-2014, 05:16 PM
BattleTuning
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Ta87
Quick question: Say we order a Stg 2 tune, then a few months down the road we add/upgrade a few components. How much would the re-tune be?
Depends on the upgrade. If your components still leave you in Stage 2 range, then we'll easily update your Stage 2 to incorporate the added components.

If you require a Stage 3 with the new components, we would charge $150 to upgrade to Stage 3.

Old 02-01-2014, 06:50 PM
Ta87
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by BattleTuning
Depends on the upgrade. If your components still leave you in Stage 2 range, then we'll easily update your Stage 2 to incorporate the added components.

If you require a Stage 3 with the new components, we would charge $150 to upgrade to Stage 3.
Awesome. I'm going to see if I can get my parts in and installed then I'll get in on this. Thank you sir/ma'am.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:52 PM
BattleTuning
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Ta87
Awesome. I'm going to see if I can get my parts in and installed then I'll get in on this. Thank you sir/ma'am.
You got it!

Old 02-01-2014, 11:29 PM
RMatsubara
1st Gear
Anyone with this tune have and auto tranny? Was the difference noticeable? Sorry for my noobness but what is needed extra going from stage 1 tune to stage 2. I don't plan on ever going to stage 3!!

Old 02-01-2014, 11:54 PM
fastNugly
2nd Gear
Newb here... Lol

Can you tell me what mods are required for
Stage 1?
Stage 2?

Based on the stage 3 qualifiers in the earlier post, not sure I'd go that far into modding my cooper but who knows as I may get hooked.

Also, is this a tuner or a custom tune that loads into/onto a tuner (Ie accessport) and loaded into the mini that way?

Those are amazing HP numbers that I'd like to take advantage of

Present mods to date: JCW stage 1 on my clubman S, Sprint Booster and Alta Accessport.
Pathetic.... I know. Lol

I do have a FMIC on its way.

Any way you can help me achieve level 2 or if level 3 is within reach, I'll opt for that.
If you prefer PM, I'd down for that or email.... alwayzbeclosin at gmail dot com

Old 02-01-2014, 11:58 PM
ra2fanatic
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by RMatsubara
Anyone with this tune have and auto tranny? Was the difference noticeable? Sorry for my noobness but what is needed extra going from stage 1 tune to stage 2. I don't plan on ever going to stage 3!!
My buddy is waiting on his actually and he has an N14 Clubman. He isn't on NAM, but I'll get his take on the tune once he has it installed. I convinced him to get rid of his Cobb for this tune.

Old 02-02-2014, 07:55 AM
BattleTuning
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by fastNugly
Newb here... Lol

Stage 1?
Stage 2?

Based on the stage 3 qualifiers in the earlier post, not sure I'd go that far into modding my cooper but who knows as I may get hooked.

Also, is this a tuner or a custom tune that loads into/onto a tuner (Ie accessport) and loaded into the mini that way?

Present mods to date: JCW stage 1 on my clubman S, Sprint Booster and Alta Accessport.
Pathetic.... I know. Lol

Any way you can help me achieve level 2 or if level 3 is within reach, I'll opt for that.
If you prefer PM, I'd down for that or email.... alwayzbeclosin at gmail dot com
PM'd

Old 02-02-2014, 12:48 PM
fastNugly
2nd Gear
PM'd
Thanks

Old 02-03-2014, 10:21 AM
BattleTuning
Former Vendor
It's February! Get in on the groupbuy as it ends this month!

Old 02-06-2014, 05:44 AM
borderwave2
4th Gear
Originally Posted by fastNugly
Newb here... Lol

Stage 1?
Stage 2?

Pathetic.... I know. Lol

You do realize that the JCW Stage 1 is an ECU flash. By running an accessport you have overwritten the JCW tune. It's not like they run consecutively. Sounds like a waste of $ imho.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:39 AM
BattleTuning
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by borderwave2
You do realize that the JCW Stage 1 is an ECU flash. By running an accessport you have overwritten the JCW tune. It's not like they run consecutively. Sounds like a waste of $ imho.
You're not unlocking the potential unless you go overwrite the existing Stage 1 whether it's the JCW, a Cobb, DNA, NM, or Evolve. We all have the capability to push the performance boundaries confined by the Stage 1.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:41 AM
BattleTuning
Former Vendor
BTW, a GP2 comes with adjustable coil overs that are more than track capable. Yet others are swapping them out for KW V2s or V3's, etc etc. Is that a waste of money too?

People are always going to have a way to justify their mods, just be respectful of their choice.

Old 02-06-2014, 09:04 AM
fastNugly
2nd Gear
I did not know this...but thanks for pointing it out.
Stage 1 gives my mini 190 HP I believe.
Anyone know what a stage 1 Alta gives?

I doubt its the numbers of the BattleTuning...but curious on these numbers

Old 02-06-2014, 09:15 AM
borderwave2
4th Gear
You're not unlocking the potential unless you go overwrite the existing Stage 1 whether it's the JCW, a Cobb, DNA, NM, or Evolve. We all have the capability to push the performance boundaries confined by the Stage 1.
To clarify, I think that the JCW Stage 1 tune purchased though a MINI dealer is a waste of money if someone is then going to purchase an aftermarket tune. Also, the price of the JCW tune is laughable for the minimal gains over stock it gives.

Battle Tuning, JZW and accessport are all much better deals than what you can get from a dealer. Hope that clarifies it!

Old 02-06-2014, 09:47 AM
BattleTuning
Former Vendor
To clarify, I think that the JCW Stage 1 tune purchased though a MINI dealer is a waste of money if someone is then going to purchase an aftermarket tune. Also, the price of the JCW tune is laughable for the minimal gains over stock it gives.

Battle Tuning, JZW and accessport are all much better deals than what you can get from a dealer. Hope that clarifies it!
Totally understandable. But it can be overlooked if all someone was looking for were specific options and color combination. It'll come out of financing anyways, so that bit of extra on top is going to be 30-60/month for whatever the term of the finance may be.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:00 AM
Huckleberry254
1st Gear
Is the $649 price for the Powergate 3 as well as a tune? Or is there additional cost for the tunes? If so, what are the additional costs?

Old 02-06-2014, 11:12 AM
BattleTuning
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Huckleberry254
Is the $649 price for the Powergate 3 as well as a tune? Or is there additional cost for the tunes? If so, what are the additional costs?
Yes, the $649 and $749 prices include the Powergate 3 along with custom tunes tailored to your specs as best we can.

$649 - Stages 1 & 2
$749 - Stages 1 thru 3 (Even if you don't have all mods for Stage 3, you can get Stage 3 when you do have the supporting mods. Just contact us with your info and we'll provide you your Stage 3 tune)

Old 02-06-2014, 11:30 AM
Huckleberry254
1st Gear
Awesome! What is required to meet "Stage 2" requirements?

Old 02-06-2014, 11:31 AM
borderwave2
4th Gear
What tunes come preloaded on the device? Do you offer features such as an Eco map (wastegate open 100%), or a valet map (rev limited)? JB4 offers some fun maps like these.

Also, a big feature that people wanted was pop and burble. Alta said it would be possible to tune for extra fuel on throttle lift to produce a pop and burble like the N18 cars have. Do you think it would be possible with your tuner?

Old 02-06-2014, 11:50 AM
BattleTuning
Former Vendor
What tunes come preloaded on the device? Do you offer features such as an Eco map (wastegate open 100%), or a valet map (rev limited)? JB4 offers some fun maps like these.

Also, a big feature that people wanted was pop and burble. Alta said it would be possible to tune for extra fuel on throttle lift to produce a pop and burble like the N18 cars have. Do you think it would be possible with your tuner?
I'll speak to my tuner and see what he is capable of doing. I don't want to say we can do this and that and realize it's false.

Tunes are not preloaded, we don't preload, it defeats the purpose of having a custom tune for your vehicle. We are not like Cobb or any other tuner for that matter that just gives you a device and waves you goodbye and good luck.

I will say that, in my opinion, a valet mode would be useless because switching maps is not on-the-fly. Pulling up to a valet of sorts and then having to turn off the car, power on, and install the new map while you look like the weird guy sitting in his car flashing a new map for a min/min and half is not really going to save your vehicle from a valet attendee. We're sorry we're not a JB4 by BMS, we're Battle Tuning and I'm not saying that to be rude if you took it that way.

Old 02-06-2014, 01:00 PM
borderwave2
4th Gear
I was only using JB4 as a reference point. No harm intended.

Quick Reply: Battle Tuning N14 Groupbuy