Suspension Springs, struts, coilovers, sway-bars, camber plates, and all other modifications to suspension components for Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Suspension FYI H&R Coilovers (sorry not Springs) Back in Stock

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 04:48 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FYI H&R Coilovers (sorry not Springs) Back in Stock

I lost track of several of you that were waiting for these to come back in stock. So trying to be as direct and yet non-abrasive in my approach to get back to you.

I have the H&R Coilovers both Cooper and Cooper S back in stock available to ship.

$999.99 plus $20 freight within the US of A. (more than $250 off MSRP as promised!) Click Here!

Sorry for putting this here! Had no idea where else to go.

Sorry to those that I lost their info in the move!

Chat soon!

BTW: We have these on the test mule and they work really well. We drove the car with them on it from Utah, to the Dragon, then back to Oregon. No sore butts or bruises. The ability to drive the car low (and or corner weighted) and still maintain ride quality is amazing.

Thanks again!

Old 08-04-2007, 11:51 AM
DocB
Neutral
Adam-

I had a bad experience with underdeveloped H & R kit when it was newly released for my then new 996 Porsche, rear pogo-sticked all over the road as result of poor rebound control. The rear shock valving on my '07 R56 MCS with sport susp, LSD, 17s, and too much other pork, seems wrong, and thus a priority for improvement. Can you give more specific review on the H & R kit- changes in turn-in, handling, ride, vs. stock on MCS?

Thanks,

DocB

Old 08-04-2007, 10:28 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
DocB: Thanks for asking. I have carried H&R since they first came to the states and we don't just sell MINI parts, I have never had an experience like what you have claimed above. My sincerest apologies. I would like to know more, send me a PM about it please!

In regards to the R56, the H&R kit rides firm but controlled, but as I mentioned above in 5000 miles across country and back, the ride was VERY compliant on the freeway, but the damping is such that the ride is still controlled under hard cornering. (You can see our add in MC2'd that features our R56 with them on it hitting the twisties at the Dragon.) Turn-in is always improved when the roll center had been reduced this dramatically.

Hope that helps. If you are local to us, you can come for a ride! (Although the R56 Mule is headed to Colorado!)

Chat soon!

Old 08-05-2007, 01:58 PM
SEAL6
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Adam and others...
So can someone explain to me how coilovers work? Ride height adjustment from 1.5" - .7" front and 1.5" - .6" rear. I assume you pick a ride heighth you want before install and install it as such. The next time you want the adjustment you have pull them off and readjust? Advantages and disadvantages? Just looking to get some clarification and explaination.

I do have the H&R springs and undecided as to installing them or not.
If I don't I will sell them and maybe investigate further on the Coilovers.

For the folks who went with the springs....is clearance a problem? I'm worried with the speed bumps and potholes around this town.

Last edited by SEAL6; 08-05-2007 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Adding to
Old 08-08-2007, 11:13 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
SEAL6: The spring seat is threaded along with the shock body and thus you can change the perch height. This results in a ride height change and the ability to cornerweight the car for best handling. Now you may not need this type of product unless you want to go lower (or higher) than your sport springs. Also the ride can be more controlled with coilovers as the valving internally is matched the lowered height and spring rates.

Hope that helps! Let me know if I can help furher!

Old 08-08-2007, 11:24 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by ADAMSALTAMINI
SEAL6: The spring seat is threaded along with the shock body and thus you can change the perch height. This results in a ride height change and the ability to cornerweight the car for best handling. Now you may not need this type of product unless you want to go lower (or higher) than your sport springs. Also the ride can be more controlled with coilovers as the valving internally is matched the lowered height and spring rates.
To clarify: If you have just lowering springs and the car is lowered as you want it (don't want to change it ever) is there any advantage to getting coilovers? In other words does the addition of the new dampers add much to the handling over and above just the H&R springs? And are camber plates needed with either setup?

Old 08-08-2007, 11:36 PM
scott48
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
To clarify: If you have just lowering springs and the car is lowered as you want it (don't want to change it ever) is there any advantage to getting coilovers? In other words does the addition of the new dampers add much to the handling over and above just the H&R springs? And are camber plates needed with either setup?
Well shocks are HUGE in making a car handle which you get with coilovers, but if you don't want to go that far, just get the springs. Stiffer than stock and they're progressive which is even better; and they lower it which makes it look better and increases handling. If you're not gonna change ride heights, just want a little better handling plus looks over stock, just get springs.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:18 PM
karlInSanDiego
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Adam,
Did you send my backordered H&R springs yet? I've only got 6 days before I leave for the Concorso Italiano in Monterey. I want Stuart to be styling for the corral!
-kARL

Old 08-13-2007, 10:49 AM
mini_specter
1st Gear
Originally Posted by scott48
Well shocks are HUGE in making a car handle which you get with coilovers, but if you don't want to go that far, just get the springs. Stiffer than stock and they're progressive which is even better; and they lower it which makes it look better and increases handling. If you're not gonna change ride heights, just want a little better handling plus looks over stock, just get springs.

Ok I'm wondering if only springs are installed, will they prematurely burn out the factory shocks?

Old 08-13-2007, 08:47 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Karlin SanDiego: I have not shipped them as h&R has not yet delivered them. HOWEVER: h&R has offered a HUGE deal to clients on the current wait list at ALTA. Call me tomorrow for the details. I was asked not to post pricing. Thank you!

mini_specter: It will NOT prematurely burn out the OEM struts. These are designed specifically to work with the OEM struts. Jsut be sure they are installed properly. You can see my how to here: https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105322 Hope that helps! Thanks again for asking.

Last edited by ADAMSALTAMINI; 08-13-2007 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Spelling OOPPSSS