Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

and the fun continues...

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 10:19 AM
robynlori
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
and the fun continues...

In retrospect, maybe I should have seen all of the paperwork issues when I first bought the car as a sign of things to come. Especially when I called MINI customer service to tell them how upset I was when I called the dealership to tell them that my 30 day tags were about to expire & the DMV had not received any title/registration on the car yet and Passport MINI told me that THEY had no record of having ever sold me a car. Eventually -- after over a week of phone call & emails -- they "found" the paperwork and after blaming an employee who quit they said that the reason they had no record of selling me a car was because they listed my fiance as the buyer and me as his co-signer.

When we bought the car, I asked them why his name as listed first on the forms and they said they always put the names in alphabetical order, but it didn't matter because both names were on there.

Apparently not.

MINI USA recorded my complaint,but said that changing the paperwork after the fact was impossible and unnecessary.

Guess what I discovered when I was getting all of my paperwork together for my meeting a a "lemon lawyer" next week?

On top of everything else, they put the wrong mileage on the title application filed with the DMV.

And I know that they knew the correct mileage because when we picked the car up I was so upset to find out that the car had 1000 more miles on it than I had been told that I almost walked away from it.

Now I really wish I had Sad to say, after the rest of the MINI experience, adding odometer fraud doesn't surprise me at all

Old 02-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
Wow. Yes you should of read the paperwork. Carfax? But that is secondary now. Why lemon lawyer? I hope this all turns out good for you.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:38 AM
robynlori
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Braminator
Wow. Yes you should of read the paperwork. Carfax? But that is secondary now. Why lemon lawyer? I hope this all turns out good for you.
LOL -- we did read the paperwork, unfortunately what they submitted to the DMV didn't match the paperwork they gave us

The car was sold as "new" even though it had 7K (well, actually 8K) miles on it because it was a BMW corporate car and had never been titled.

We got what seemed like a great discount & new car financing, the carfax didn't show any problems, and I assumed the 7-8K miles was long enough for most random problems/defects to show up and be addressed.

Little did I realize that the mechanical components of the car seem to be timed to break sequentially,not simultaneously.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
You can probably get out of it due to paperwork not matching. IMO I would use this to get out, not the lemon law. DMV maybe able to help you as this could be fraud. Good luck keep us posted.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Cotnballs2000
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What State are you in? In Colorado if the car has more than 150 miles on it or something like that they can not sell it as new. The dealer needs to fix the paper work with the DMV because it is fraudulent if it doesn't match the financing etc.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:38 AM
robynlori
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Cotnballs2000
What State are you in? In Colorado if the car has more than 150 miles on it or something like that they can not sell it as new. The dealer needs to fix the paper work with the DMV because it is fraudulent if it doesn't match the financing etc.
Cotnballs? coton de tulear dogs?

anyway, in VA as long as the car has never been titled it is new. and I bought a new carfax report to confirm that the one the dealership gave me was legit and it showed me as the first person to title the car, so at least that part of it is OK.

I think I will walk in to a suntrust bank on Monday and see what kind of info they can pull up on the loan. I know that all of our paperwork said "new car" but it cant hurt to double check