Southern California MINI Maniacs SoCal MINI Maniacs (SCMM) is a friendly, casual, non-profit organization formed primarily as a social club for the enjoyment of the MINI Cooper automobile, among a group of like-minded enthusiasts. Visit the club site at www.scmm.org

Help finding the right sales person in San Diego or Southern California

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 01:58 PM
TSORED
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help finding the right sales person in San Diego or Southern California

Help!

First time Mini Buyer..............Started off at new dealership Mini of San Diego. They were not too interested in helping me find exactly what I wanted and not much information on what was coming. We are looking for a Hardtop S. Pepper white. Hoping to get a deal on 2010, but may need to pay more for a 2011. I want a manual transmission which seems to be difficult to impossible. Called around So Cal. Found one guy in LA at Alexander Motors (Josh). He sounded like he would move heaven and earth, found the car, great price, but couldn't get the car and sort of fell off the radar. Any experience or advice would be great. It looks like we are going with a 2011 at this late stage of the 2010............would love to give our business to someone that seems to want it.

Thanks

Old 09-10-2010, 02:02 PM
skippydog
3rd Gear
Try out Irvine Mini. They have always been pretty good to me.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:07 AM
TSORED
Neutral
Thanks for the help................though I did find a great Sales person Amanda at Southbay Mini, in the end we went with a Mayfair and Mini of San Diego had the only manual transmission left in So Cal. Can't really say anything wonderful about Mini of San Diego, I can say Amanda was responsive, helpful and wish I had liked the color combo of her Camden but in the end happy with what we have sitting in the garage!!!

Old 09-13-2010, 10:41 AM
skippydog
3rd Gear
Very nice! Congrats on the new ride!

Old 09-15-2010, 06:57 AM
BillG
1st Gear
Mini Escondido-Good Salespeople

Sorry to hear yor Sales person at Mini SanDiego wasn't so good. But in the end you found the car you wanted...
I too dislike giving my business to less than motivated salespeople; I'd rather find someone else....

In your case, this is too late, but hopefully this will help another potential buyer in our area:
I had a decent experience with Mini of Escondido (Brecht).
-Went in 1st time for general info gathering and sizing of the interior. Shawn(sales guy #1) was very accommodating in getting me all the info I needed.
-Came back a couple of weeks later, with the on-line configuration build sheet. Asked for a test drive in an S with the auto. They found me one right away and off we went. Jim(sales guy 2 since Sean was out) then researched the pricing info on two different configurations I gave him, and communicated findings via phone.
-Came back the next day, made some final negotiations with Sean, and closed the deal. Relatively stress-free, and I got a very satisfactory price on a 2010, optioned to my specs.

I recommend these guys and would buy from them again.

Bill

Old 10-30-2010, 01:44 AM
robspec
3rd Gear
irvine speak to hew

Old 02-04-2011, 11:33 PM
javsoriano
Neutral
I stopped by Mini of San Diego today. Spent a good half hour there and not a single sales person approached me. Unreal. They must be doing great

Old 02-08-2011, 09:22 PM
rsbell
4th Gear
Originally Posted by javsoriano
I stopped by Mini of San Diego today. Spent a good half hour there and not a single sales person approached me. Unreal. They must be doing great
OMG.

I have been dealing with Mario there at SD, and he's been very responsive and accommodating.

Give him a call and tell him Scott Bell referred you-I'm sure he'll take good care of you.

Here's his info:

Mario Vigil, Motoring Advisor
MINI of San Diego
619 878 0209 Mobile

Old 02-08-2011, 10:12 PM
javsoriano
Neutral
Thanks,
I'll try calling him. I was just shocked that no one stopped by to even say hello... besides the receptionist. How good of a deal did they give you when you ordered your Clubman S. I am thinking to get one custom ordered cause no one seems to have them with the chocolate lounge interior.

Originally Posted by rsbell
OMG.

I have been dealing with Mario there at SD, and he's been very responsive and accommodating.

Give him a call and tell him Scott Bell referred you-I'm sure he'll take good care of you.

Here's his info:

Mario Vigil, Motoring Advisor
MINI of San Diego
619 878 0209 Mobile

Old 04-23-2011, 08:52 PM
markchristenson
Neutral
Looks like I'm waaaay late to this thread. MINI of SD was underwhelming. Amanda Perez at MINI of Escondido (Brecht MINI) was great.