South Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisianna, and Texas

DFW: Moritz or Roberts MINI for my 2nd service?

Old 08-23-2004, 03:55 PM
BillTheCat
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DFW: Moritz or Roberts MINI for my 2nd service?

Hi all,

May sound like a simple question, but I actually know nothing of the local MINI dealers in the DFW area. I am from Tampa, FL, and will be visiting DFW from August 27-September 6. My 2nd service interval WILL hit when I am in the DFW area.

I called my local dealer, Ferman MINI, in Palm Harbor, FL, about an early service but they're backed up due to rescheduling work from Hurricane Charley.

So... I will need to get Service #2 done in DFW. Is there a general opinion regarding the service quality at either dealership? Also, is one dealership more likely to report me for having aftermarket pulley, intake, & exhaust upgrades? I'd like not to have my warranty voided...

Thanks,
Bill Connelly
www.bayminis.com

Old 08-27-2004, 01:46 PM
Uncle_John
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bill,

I've not had any experience at JRoberts, but Moritz has been great to me. I live in the DFW area and bought my first new MINI (02MCS) at P&W in Pittsburgh because neither of the DFW dealers were open yet. Moritz opened soon after I got my car and Bryan Brookman, the SA at Moritz was great to work with as we experienced some minor air bag light and O2 sensor problems. When we decided to trade for an 04, Moritz got my business because of the good service I had received. Don't think you can go wrong at Moritz.

Old 08-27-2004, 02:12 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have nothing but praise for Moritz, but I really haven't gone to JR for service...just bought the car there back before Moritz opened.

Old 08-28-2004, 07:59 PM
TulsaMINI
3rd Gear
I went to John Roberts for my first service as the Oklahoma dealership had not yet opened. This was my only experience with them, but they treated me quite well. I did have a little issue though...after leaving the dealership, I stopped for a burger and in the sunlight I saw some pretty serious scratches on the roof right above the drivers side door. I surmised that when they lubed the squeaky sunroof, there was some grease on the roof that when they wiped it off, scratched the finish. I returned immediately and Marc, the SA, called out the lady that works in the shop out to look. She agreed and said that red shop towels can have metal shavings in them from previous uses, and obviously it was wiped off with one. Marc then took my car to a body shop very close by and they buffed it out. There's still one tiny mark that only I can see but it's OK. I don't hold it against them really. Marc decided then and there that red shop towels would be off-limits to use on MINIs. Period. Only white towels would be allowed from then on. I don't know if they actually implemented that rule, but it sounded good.

Moral of the story: The bay where you pick up your car is not very well lit. I would suggest that before you leave the premises, pull out into the daylight and inspect the vehicle with a service advisor. This would be a good practice regardless of the dealership.

Hope that helps.

Angie

Old 08-29-2004, 08:09 PM
BillTheCat
4th Gear
Thanks very much for all of the replies. I had already eenie-meenie-miney-moed & chosen Moritz, but it is comforting to know that when I go for service tomorrow, I will be in good hands.

1200 miles in 17 hours to get here... had 1100 on the service countdown timer when I left, and when I arrived, I still had 150 left. In fact, I think I still have 75 or 100 miles left after motoring about DFW the last 2 days. Think I'd better get out there & do a bit more motoring. In fact, I think I will...

Thanks again!

Bill

Old 08-30-2004, 01:43 PM
BillTheCat
4th Gear
Arrived at Moritz & spoke with Brian this morning, seemed like a very nice fellow. Just as I arrived, my driver's side window stopped working, so I asked them to have a look at that while doing the scheduled service. In less than 2.5 hours, service was complete, including a new motor in my driver's side window. No hassles, great lounge area with HDTV & PC's running to keep you occupied... have to say it was a pleasure.

Thanks again for your responses!

Bill

Old 08-30-2004, 03:31 PM
Uncle_John
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad your service was handled well. It can be such a pain to have work done while out of town.

Old 08-30-2004, 03:40 PM
RHT3
2nd Gear
Moritz

April 19, 2003: I flew from Denver to DFW. Moritz picked me up at the airport in a Red Cooper. Waited literally 3 minutes. When I arrived at Moritz, my car was in the showroom, full of gas. They gave me the car-operation overview while my financing was cleared. I signed on the dotted line after about 40 minutes total time and drove off to Denver. Life was good! Moritz was great to me. . .