South Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisianna, and Texas

Austin Car Wash???

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 10:53 AM
Sidewalker
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Austin Car Wash???

I live in an apt complex and while I would prefer to wash my car with my own soap and water under some nice shade...alas I cannot. I have been looking for a reasonably priced but good quality place that does 100% hand washes.

I tried the Genie wash on Wm Cannon, and it's nice because it's close to my apt, but it was $29 +tip for a hand wash. They did a great job, but coming from LA where you can get a hand wash for under $10, 29 seems like a lot.

I was thinking of trying the hand wash place on Lamar near downtown...anyone know about it?

Thanks for your help.

Old 10-20-2007, 11:21 AM
aa5ib
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Austin Car Wash

I've used it several times. It's $16 for a hand wash. Located at Lamar and Barton Springs on the SW corner.

Old 10-20-2007, 03:42 PM
Sidewalker
3rd Gear
Tried that one today...did a decent job.

Old 10-23-2007, 02:49 PM
gjhsu
5th Gear
Where are you South Austin folks? I see a lot of MINIs when I'm driving through the north, but southside seems to be more sparse. We should try and organize something some time...

On topic: It's good to hear good experiences at the wash place on Barton Springs/Lamar, I've always wanted to give them a shot, but always end up driving by.

Old 10-28-2007, 12:29 PM
LOP
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Sidewalker
I live in an apt complex and while I would prefer to wash my car with my own soap and water under some nice shade...alas I cannot. I have been looking for a reasonably priced but good quality place that does 100% hand washes.

I tried the Genie wash on Wm Cannon, and it's nice because it's close to my apt, but it was $29 +tip for a hand wash. They did a great job, but coming from LA where you can get a hand wash for under $10, 29 seems like a lot.

I was thinking of trying the hand wash place on Lamar near downtown...anyone know about it?

Thanks for your help.
This place is good, I often use it for other vehicles. Just keep in mind that they, like most car washes, use recycled oil as tire and bumper dressings. Not much of a problem except when it flies off during driving and gets on your paint.

Recycled oil is MUCH cheaper than armour all like products and most, if not all, car washes use the oil.

I ALWAYS opt out for any kind of dressings on my vehicles, I save the money and use the right stuff when I get home.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:43 PM
Sidewalker
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by LOP
This place is good, I often use it for other vehicles. Just keep in mind that they, like most car washes, use recycled oil as tire and bumper dressings. Not much of a problem except when it flies off during driving and gets on your paint.

Recycled oil is MUCH cheaper than armour all like products and most, if not all, car washes use the oil.

I ALWAYS opt out for any kind of dressings on my vehicles, I save the money and use the right stuff when I get home.
Good to know! I wasn't aware of that, so thanks for the info.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Sidewalker
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by gjhsu
Where are you South Austin folks? I see a lot of MINIs when I'm driving through the north, but southside seems to be more sparse. We should try and organize something some time...

On topic: It's good to hear good experiences at the wash place on Barton Springs/Lamar, I've always wanted to give them a shot, but always end up driving by.
I live on the south side...off Wm Cannon....so keep an eye out!

The only Black Sidewalk I've seen in Austin..

Old 10-22-2008, 08:01 AM
whiskeydicks45
Neutral
Originally Posted by Sidewalker
I live on the south side...off Wm Cannon....so keep an eye out!

The only Black Sidewalk I've seen in Austin..
It seems like there's a few people from Austin so why haven't you guys met up yet???