South West Nevada, Arizona, and New Mexico

Tucson Minis

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 12:22 PM
carr3
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I live in Tucson, and would like to trade in my Miata for a 2004 Mini S. The closest Mini dealer, however, is in Phoenix.

Can you provide information for a new buyer? Did you buy your car in Phoenix? What are the prospects for service in Tucson?

Any relevant information for a new buyer in Southern Arizona would be appreciated. Thanks.

carr3

Old 11-14-2003, 10:43 PM
dominicminicoopers
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi carr3. Welcome to the MCO!!

What new buyer information are you looking for?

The dealership in North Scottsdale is the closest service center for warranty items. I have a Tucson buddy of mine who drives a classic Mini. He'd love to have a new MINI but he won't get one until Tucson gets a dealership for warranty service. There's a few Tucson-area MINI owners that stop by now and again on the NAM. I know three Mini owners in Sierra Vista as well. So there's people who don't mind the 130 mile drive, while others do. It's a personal choice thing.

Have fun in whatever you choose to do.

Old 11-20-2003, 11:45 PM
TLRider
1st Gear
The only problem I have with the drive to Scottsdale from Tucson is all the traffic on I-10. I took the wife's MCS up for a repair on Monday. Ironically, on the way up, a semi threw a rock and cracked the windshield!!

Old 11-21-2003, 03:49 PM
66Cooper
2nd Gear
I resemble that remark.

Yeah, I would really like to see service available in Tucson before I take the plunge and purchase a MINI. For now I keep driving my Mini that I can work on myself and hasn't been in warrranty for years.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:13 AM
windrider
2nd Gear
Moving to Tucson

Hello, moving to Tucson at the end of July and would love to get connected with some mini owners once we are settled. I understand there is a cooper dealership opening at the end of the year. Great news. Also, if any Tucson members can contact me off list, I have a few questions about areas in which I am looking to rent. Never lived in Tucson.

Look forward to hearing from anyone soon...

cheers,

Windrider (bryan)

Old 07-15-2012, 10:35 PM
Melangell
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lived in Tucson for a year, pre-MINI... I would LOVE to take the Dread Pirate up Mt. Lemon!!! We currently live in Savannah. The closest dealerships are in Charleston (2 hours and Jacksonville (2 1/2 hours). Owning a MINI is worth it!! I ordered from the factory and seriously recommend it.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:23 PM
mernbrad
1st Gear
Royal is suppose to be opening a Mini dealership in Tucson, Mini of Tempe said this will happen soon, Royal has an existing building and they are getting it ready.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:28 PM
mernbrad
1st Gear
Originally Posted by windrider
Hello, moving to Tucson at the end of July and would love to get connected with some mini owners once we are settled. I understand there is a cooper dealership opening at the end of the year. Great news. Also, if any Tucson members can contact me off list, I have a few questions about areas in which I am looking to rent. Never lived in Tucson.

Look forward to hearing from anyone soon...

cheers,

Windrider (bryan)
I just moved to the Tucson area a couple years ago, I used Caldwell they are quite helpful. Tarmls.com

Old 07-23-2012, 09:43 PM
DesertDog
3rd Gear
The Royal group is supposed to open a Mini dealership at the old Kia dealership on 22ND. Of course they are completely rebuilding the old building. I have not been in that area to see if it is actually begun. Also I was told it would open by Dec. I think a better spot for the dealership would have been next to their Range Rover/ Jaguar dealership. But I am glad to have Mini local. Mini of Tempe and Mini of Scotsdale are great but a long way to go.