South West Nevada, Arizona, and New Mexico

MINI of North Scottsdale?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 10:21 AM
DustinDallas
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MINI of North Scottsdale?

I apologize if any of this has been answered already. I did a search and couldn't find the answers, but I could have overlooked them.

How is MINI of North Scottsdale? Easy to work with, etc? Who's a good MA to go through. I know they may not be there in 11 months when I am ready to order, but who knows...they may be. I'm open to suggestions.

Do they sell for MSRP, or do they add a bunch of BS "dealer fees" like some of the SoCal dealers? They seem to be the only MINI dealer in AZ so that worries me.

How is their inventory typically? Do they have a large amount of MINIs on the lot or is the selection really limited.

Due to my circumstance (going out to AZ for school) it would be much easier if I could buy off the lot because I'm leaving my Saab in NH. Worse case, I'll order the MINI and be without a car for a couple months.

If anyone can help me out, that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance

Old 09-10-2005, 05:17 PM
dominicminicoopers
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MNS is a top-notch dealership and do no charge a penny over MSRP. Since they excell, they tend to have a very long wait time to order a MINI and rarely does any unclaimed new MINI last very long on their showroom floor. Service is good and being that the shop services both MINIs and BMWs and also the fact that the dealership is owned by Roger Penske, the shop floor is clean enough to eat from.

Old 09-10-2005, 07:15 PM
DustinDallas
6th Gear
Thanks

I just realized that since I want an '07, I'm going to have to be without a car for a while anyway. School starts in late August and I'm sure the '07s won't be out quite that early. So...I might as well just order my MINI in advance.

Old 09-18-2005, 01:38 PM
Andrewsky
3rd Gear
They have a $400 doc. fee, which is bs. Also, they weren't really ready for me when I came to pick the car up (Took them 30 minutes to round up my floor mats and plate frame). They also tried to pressure me into that damn $700 clear coat, which is also bs.

Other than that, the dealership was sweet (It's on the second floor), and the people were always really nice.

Old 09-18-2005, 02:09 PM
ripley
3rd Gear
$400 doccument fees and a long wait time are unnecessary if you're willing to have a fun weekend of travel and go pick up your new Mini elsewhere.

Old 09-18-2005, 06:26 PM
dominicminicoopers
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Andrewsky
They have a $400 doc. fee, which is bs. Also, they weren't really ready for me when I came to pick the car up (Took them 30 minutes to round up my floor mats and plate frame). They also tried to pressure me into that damn $700 clear coat, which is also bs.

Other than that, the dealership was sweet (It's on the second floor), and the people were always really nice.
I don't recall paying either. Of course I would have opted out of the clear coating anyhow, even if it was mentioned, because I already know it is a HUGE ripoff.

Old 09-30-2005, 09:26 AM
Elkerster
2nd Gear
Mns

I'm moved out here from NJ with my mini and so far haven't been higly impressed with there service department. When I had it in for service last I asked them to check something and then didn't. My car was so filthy at the time I would've seen the hand prints but they did. Also now thrilled with the fact that they don't have car loaners an that you have to rent a car from them. But I was also spolied with my old dealer I guess. With them my car always came out sparkling clean, all work was always done, and as far as loaners, always free and usually I got to ride around with an S with more packages then mine for the day.

Old 09-30-2005, 06:13 PM
chikmagnet
3rd Gear
I have absoluety nothing bad to say about mini of north scottsdale i went in there expecting to be talked down to because i dont look the typical part of a bmw or mini owner but they were more friendly and helpful than i could of ever asked for, especially Justin who was awesome when came to the technical questions. Debbie who was my co salesperson with Justin was awesome when ever i had a question about anything else. I would highly reccomend them for any service or purchasing your mini.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:21 AM
Rff6035
Neutral
Pricey Repair - Bad Design

Just got finished with an estimate to repair the retraction cable on my 2005 Cooper S convertible and did not do the work because the quote was $3400 !!!. This is the 4th time this has had to be repaired and the car only haas 17,000 miles on it!! Called Mini and complained and they said they could do nothing to advocate for the customer with the dealer and it was an out of warranty claim and that was it. Stay away from Mini of North Scottsdale!!

Old 10-31-2011, 04:15 PM
62Mini1275S
Neutral
DO NOT EVER take your mini to North of Scottsdale! The service mgr Mark is useless and is shady & deceitfull. oh and BTW the same idiots own mini of Tempe as well... Sorry Phoenix....

Old 10-31-2011, 05:38 PM
gds194
4th Gear
I had dealings with Paul, and he was great to work with.... Can't say the same thing for Tempe....

Old 10-27-2012, 09:03 AM
Joseph Krasnov
Neutral
I personally cant complain, I highly recommend Dave he is the sales guy and Kevin is the manager, these 2 guys are amazing. Cant say a bad word about them, no one tried to stick me with anything i didnt want or need. Every dealership tries to sell you extras to make more $$ thats what its all about $$. If anyone wants to get mini go to north scottsdale ask for dave he is great. We had extremely pleasant experience. Wil lgo back to get my wife a mini soon.