Jan/RMW tuning- who wants it???

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 05:38 PM
Tampa MCS
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ingsoc
There's room. You're #19 out of 20 slots (assuming 2 days). Only 4 have left deposits so far. Go ahead and leave your deposit to take the spot.
I left a deposit with Jan via paypal earlier today. It's on!!! I assume that I'll be going on Sunday or do you have any spots left on Saturday? See you there...

Old 03-18-2008, 06:41 AM
TReed
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Tampa MCS
I left a deposit with Jan via paypal earlier today. It's on!!! I assume that I'll be going on Sunday or do you have any spots left on Saturday? See you there...
Hey there! Welcome and congrats on your new MINI For a minute I thought you were another member (TampaMCS) who recently sold his MINI and got a Lexus, and I was thinking what in the world does he want Jan to do to his Lexus??!!
Anyway, have you checked out Sunshineminis.org? We have a pretty active 'Bay Area' group and would love to have you at some of our meets! Next one is next Tuesday night at a Sushi place. Check it out under the Bay Area Minis section.
At any rate, I'll see you down there on the 19/20!
Tracey

Old 03-18-2008, 04:27 PM
cartar452
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just talked to Jan and I'm all set! Can't wait for the tuning. Is there a list made of who's going on each day?

Old 03-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Tampa MCS
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by TReed
Hey there! Welcome and congrats on your new MINI For a minute I thought you were another member (TampaMCS) who recently sold his MINI and got a Lexus, and I was thinking what in the world does he want Jan to do to his Lexus??!!
Anyway, have you checked out Sunshineminis.org? We have a pretty active 'Bay Area' group and would love to have you at some of our meets! Next one is next Tuesday night at a Sushi place. Check it out under the Bay Area Minis section.
At any rate, I'll see you down there on the 19/20!
Tracey
Crazy!!! Why would anyone sell their Mini to get a Lexus?????
I'll have to come and check out yourgroup sometime. Sounds like fun!!! Thanks for the invite!!!

Old 03-18-2008, 07:32 PM
TReed
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by cartar452
Just talked to Jan and I'm all set! Can't wait for the tuning. Is there a list made of who's going on each day?
Good questions - I wonder if I'm on Saturday or Sunday

Old 03-18-2008, 07:33 PM
TReed
2nd Gear
Crazy!!! Why would anyone sell their Mini to get a Lexus?????
I'll have to come and check out yourgroup sometime. Sounds like fun!!! Thanks for the invite!!!
Good question...temporary insanity? And he was a mad modder- I don't think there's anything he didn't do to that MINI...

Old 03-19-2008, 01:17 PM
ofcski
2nd Gear
Is this still a go for 4/19/08? Confirmed two days?

Old 03-19-2008, 03:41 PM
Tampa MCS
2nd Gear
Ingsoc,

I can't PM for some reason (must be because I'm a newbie) so please let me know what day and time I am scheduled for. I payed Jan a couple of days ago so I just want to work out the logistics. Maybe you can post a list of paid members with date/time? Thanks bro!

Old 03-19-2008, 08:45 PM
cabmeister
3rd Gear
Mr. Ingsoc will get to it when he has the time ,you will not be forgotten .

It`s hard to lock down times/days when you only have a small percentage of interested partys locking things in with deposits . Although you must understand that its not every one who can come up with the $$ at a moments notice so its a balancing act .

There will , I guess have to be a date set that will be a final for getting the deposit in by . PM`s would I guess go out to ALL confirmed parties to give a heads up of a closing date .

Lads and Lassies remember it has to be a minimum of 10 slots filled for 1 day of tuning . The next best and most economical is 20 slots filled for a 2 day event. Kindly correct me if I`m missing something .

Guys and Gals Pay deposit A.S.A.P. to make mr. Ingsoc`s task easier.Not long now.

IS IT TUNE TIME YET

Old 03-21-2008, 10:08 AM
ingsoc
6th Gear
We'll tackle the schedule this week. Is any day better for you? Right now, more than 10 have confirmed but fewer have actually put down a deposit. So, you've earned the right to choose .

Sorry about the pms. Man, things go fast around here!

Old 03-21-2008, 10:09 AM
ingsoc
6th Gear
Everyone who is paid is listed on the first post.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:13 AM
ingsoc
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ofcski
Is this still a go for 4/19/08? Confirmed two days?
This depends on how many people turn in deposits. I don't want 10 people to pull out after we've confirmed for two days with Jan and the dyno. That would double our dyno costs and be a little frustrating.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:15 AM
ingsoc
6th Gear
BUMP. We really need everyone to leave a deposit or at least state their intent! Thanks guys.

We're waiting on Xner, Silkworm, littlehandegan, SCICK, Alerious, Mini7, tschwalbe. Feel free to bug, kindly .

Old 03-21-2008, 01:08 PM
cartar452
Banned
So do those of us who pay first get priority for a day? I'll take Saturday if that's the case

Old 03-21-2008, 01:47 PM
Tampa MCS
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ingsoc
We'll tackle the schedule this week. Is any day better for you? Right now, more than 10 have confirmed but fewer have actually put down a deposit. So, you've earned the right to choose .

Sorry about the pms. Man, things go fast around here!
SWEET!!! I'll take the first available on Saturday. Thanks bro! See you there!!!

Old 03-21-2008, 02:30 PM
sknandigam
2nd Gear
Paid my deposit. How much money can we expect to pay for dyno time? And where can I purchase the JCW 380cc injectors?

Old 03-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Tampa MCS
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by snM3
Paid my deposit. How much money can we expect to pay for dyno time? And where can I purchase the JCW 380cc injectors?
http://new.minimania.com/web/AddedFr.../InvDetail.cfm

Old 03-21-2008, 04:13 PM
ingsoc
6th Gear
Originally Posted by snM3
Dyno time should be right around $100 a person. It'll technically be $1000/day divided amongst people. Right now, 18 people have confirmed but only 7 have paid.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:15 PM
ingsoc
6th Gear
EVERYONE please pay your deposit by this Tuesday (3/25). I need to make the decision of 1 day or two so that Jan can get plane tickets!

Old 03-21-2008, 10:08 PM
TReed
2nd Gear
I'd like to request Saturday, early afternoon preferably, just not last please :D

Old 03-24-2008, 07:03 AM
cabmeister
3rd Gear
Hey Guys Time to bug (gently of course ) those that have not put forward the deposit for the tune .

deadline approaching fast and it would be a shame to have Mr Ingsoc cancel the whole thing through lack of support after the flood of confirmations .

Old 03-24-2008, 01:30 PM
Tampa MCS
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by cabmeister
Hey Guys Time to bug (gently of course ) those that have not put forward the deposit for the tune .

deadline approaching fast and it would be a shame to have Mr Ingsoc cancel the whole thing through lack of support after the flood of confirmations .
We should be albe to do at least one day with 7 people??? Dyno cost might be a couple of dollars higher per person but it's not too bad.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:51 PM
ingsoc
6th Gear
I'm calling Jan today to discuss. We only 8 have paid. So, AS OF RIGHT NOW this will be a one-day event.

If you are planning on coming and haven't paid, post here immediately or else you may not get tuned!

Old 03-26-2008, 07:16 PM
Mini7
3rd Gear
Jan/ Florida Tuning Day

Mahir,

I have just purchased a header from Jan for the tuning day down in Sarasota and he as my credit card details.

I am currently in training in Chicago and will call Jan to pay for the tune. I am driving 11hrs down from Charlotte, NC . We need to get the numbers locked down and people committed so that we know what our costs are going to be.

Give me a call on 704-363-0526. If I don't answer, leave a message with your number and I will call during a break.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:44 PM
ingsoc
6th Gear
There are now 10 people who have paid. That's 1 full day. Unless close to another 10 people are able to pay a deposit AND SOON, it will be tough to open up a second full day for tuning. I will speak to the dyno about maybe doing a half-day, but I can't make any guarantees.

POST here immediately if you are still wishing to pay a deposit and get a tune! I will ask Jan not to accept any more deposits for the moment, until we can see if we have enough people to fund the second day.

Quick Reply: Jan/RMW tuning- who wants it???