South East - Carolinas North and South Carolina

Which Dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 06:02 PM
BobsElise
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Dealer?

I am planning to upgrade my daily driver soon and the R56 Mini Cooper S is on my short list of cars to look at. I am in the Hickory, NC area, so I am about equal distance from Flow Mini and Hendrick Mini. Is there one dealer that you would recommend over the other? I am looking to test drive this weekend. Thanks for your input.

Old 11-24-2007, 05:49 AM
ondrovic
4th Gear
I ordered mine from Hendrick in Charlotte. I had an excellent experience with them (as opposed to my experience with Cenutry here in Greenville).

If you go to Hendrick, ask for Dana Fredricksen, she was excellent to work with (and tell her I sent ya!)

Old 11-27-2007, 09:20 PM
Grassroots Garage
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
At Flow, You should speak to Drew Markey or Joe Culp. Both dealers have great reputations, I would test the waters at both and determine for yourself which one gives you a better feeling. Either way, Happy Motoring
--Dan

Old 11-27-2007, 09:42 PM
bluesmini
6th Gear
i bought mine in charleston and had a great experience. At that time the Charlotte dealership wasn't open. Just remember this, the price really isn't negotiable but, dealer options are. Dana F from Charlotte told me this be sure use that info at any dealer. My best repair experiences were at Flow in Winston. That should count for a lot.

Old 11-28-2007, 03:30 PM
MidnightDave
5th Gear
I think we're fortunate to have two great dealerships around here. I bought mine at Hendrick's, and have had it serviced there, too, and they've treated me like royalty through both experiences. BTW, can't recommend my sales guy--he became the finance guy!

Lastly, once you decide, don't look back, just enjoy your MINI, the fellowship and the dealership in good measure...

Old 12-08-2007, 01:01 PM
HPUdrew
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Grassroots Garage
At Flow, You should speak to Drew Markey or Joe Culp. Both dealers have great reputations, I would test the waters at both and determine for yourself which one gives you a better feeling. Either way, Happy Motoring
--Dan
Thanks Dan!

I'd be happy to help you out. Just give me a call whenever you would like to discuss or drive the MINI's and we'll set up a time that will work for you. Also if your schedule makes it difficult to come check out a MINI I'd be happy to bring one out to you in Hickory, just let me know the time and the location. I'm familiar with Hickory from a previous job in the furniture world and I'm always up for an excuse to swing by the Tap Room downtown!

Drew

Old 12-13-2007, 07:01 PM
Roneboy
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ondrovic
I ordered mine from Hendrick in Charlotte. I had an excellent experience with them (as opposed to my experience with Cenutry here in Greenville).

If you go to Hendrick, ask for Dana Fredricksen, she was excellent to work with (and tell her I sent ya!)
Hey ondrovic, thinking on buying a mini and wondered what u found wrong with Century in Greenville. Thanks.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:44 PM
ondrovic
4th Gear
I had purchased a number of BMWs over the years from Century BMW and always had a good experience so I expected a similar experience at Century Mini.

I went to Century Mini on a Friday and, after a fun test drive etc, was offered $4K *below* wholesale for my trade (2004 M3). I was quite surprised at that tactic and countered with an offer to purchase immediately if they'd pay wholesale for the trade. The sales guy replied that he "had no authority to deal" and that he would have to talk "to someone else" who wasn't there that day.

The sales guy asked if I would be available the next day (Saturday) and I said sure. He said he would call me Saturday or Monday at the latest.

The sales guy never called so, the following week I went to Hendrick and they immediately (within 15 minutes of my arrival) offered me a *very* fair price for the trade. I did the deal with them.

A couple of weeks (!!!) later, the Century sales guy finally called me back and I told him that I had purchased the car at Hendrick. He seemed pretty unpleasantly surprised when I told him how much better the deal and my experience was at Hendrick.

Had he called me back when he said he would, I probably would have tried a bit more to deal with them. It was the combination of the low-ball trade tactic/"no authority to deal" and the sales guy not calling back that really hacked me off.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:09 PM
Roneboy
2nd Gear
By any chance do u remember his name? No big deal. Thanks 4 the info.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:14 PM
ondrovic
4th Gear
yes but I don't feel comfortable posting that publicly.

Last edited by ondrovic; 12-14-2007 at 02:18 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:55 PM
Roneboy
2nd Gear
How about sending me a pm so that if I do buy new I can stay clear of him.

Old 12-14-2007, 04:19 PM
ondrovic
4th Gear
you've got pm