Site Feedback Open forum for discussion of this site. Post your kudos or criticism so that we can continually improve service to the new MINI community.

Am I the only one that thinks the first gen forums are being moderated too much?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 06:19 PM
Racingguy04
5th Gear
Received 118 Likes on 95 Posts
Am I the only one that thinks the first gen forums are being moderated too much?

I'm glad we have new moderators, but what's with moving all the threads? It seems like lately most of the threads that get started in the hatch talk forum get moved. I know you're trying to clean things up, but it almost seems like it's having the opposite effect, but maybe it's just me.

Old 06-28-2017, 07:03 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 625 Likes on 554 Posts
I thought the same thing at one time, see my thread below. It would be great to get some feedback on what has been going down for the past couple of months. Yes threads are getting moved, new members are being welcomed by the Moderators and we are trying to be more helpful when questions are being asked.

Like to think we are doing something correctly based upon the number of checked "thanks" we are getting, but, if we can do something better by doing things in a different manner, please let us know.

And yes I am guy moving all those Gen1 threads.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...scription.html

Old 07-01-2017, 07:37 AM
CSP
5th Gear
Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
Along the lines of your thread, I don't really see much issue in having the problems/issues and general talk separated out.

If you look at Bimmerforums.com, take e36 section for example-

General talk is default subforum
Specific subforum for the hatchbacks with not much traffic
Specific convertible subforum with some traffic
DIY forum

I'm not sure we have the traffic at NAM to have 6 subforums for the gen 1, plus 7 subforums for the mods section. I just think we can consolidate a little bit, ALL the organization isn't necessarily required.

Old 12-17-2017, 04:36 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Any new thoughts on how the sections are set up?

Old 12-21-2017, 09:40 AM
Derek86
6th Gear
Received 117 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by r53coop
Any new thoughts on how the sections are set up?
The only thing I never liked that the Modifications section, the sub-forums in there always seemed a little awkward.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:14 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
What is a different format?? Engine/Suspension/Wheels/Tire, Exterior Body and Interiors????????

Old 12-22-2017, 12:18 PM
CSP
5th Gear
Show/Go?

I think the fact that about 85% of the threads in the r53 chat are moved posts shows that something needs to change.

Old 12-22-2017, 12:54 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by CSP
Show/Go?

I think the fact that about 85% of the threads in the r53 chat are moved posts shows that something needs to change.
Show/Go, you lost me, but then that is not always hard.

On moving the all the threads, its following past orders - If you have a mechanical or electrical problem with your MINI, each model/generation has their specific section and under those sections the proper location would be: STOCK PROBLEMS OR ISSUES. Not General MINI talk or Hatch Talk !!

The problem is that most never read any of the instructions here.

Old 12-22-2017, 01:49 PM
CSP
5th Gear
Originally Posted by r53coop
Show/Go, you lost me, but then that is not always hard.

On moving the all the threads, its following past orders - If you have a mechanical or electrical problem with your MINI, each model/generation has their specific section and under those sections the proper location would be: STOCK PROBLEMS OR ISSUES. Not General MINI talk or Hatch Talk !!

The problem is that most never read any of the instructions here.
Those are my suggestions for the modification sections. One for show, one for go.

I have no problem with the towing, but I never even click on that forum because I know all the threads are only going to go to the problems/issues sub. I just think having an entire forum filled with towed threads shows that the subs need some work. Maybe even just rearranging would help? Since that's 95% of the threads, maybe move that whole sub up to the top so people see that sooner? Not sure if that'd help...

Old 12-22-2017, 03:12 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Having the Problems/Issues on top is a good idea. On the Show/Go, where would you put the Electrical or the How To?

Old 07-27-2018, 06:46 AM
Tgriffithjr
5th Gear
Received 80 Likes on 76 Posts
I think it’s good to move things where they are most likely to be found. As long as the original location is linked to the new location; the search function doesn’t always find what you are looking for.

Old 07-27-2018, 08:52 AM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
The search function here has much to be desired. Most times if I don't remember the Member's name, I will go to Google that usually sends you back here.