Rocky Mountain Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho

Utah- MINI Motoring Club JULY Rally

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 12:24 PM
Rockin'Rick
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Utah- MINI Motoring Club JULY Rally

As he normal site has been down, I thought I would post the rally info here and start a thread if anyone needed to comment in the interum.

MINI Motoring Club July Rally

Each month the MINI Motoring Club of Utah gathers for a day of showing off their highly cherished MINI Coopers. Due to the virtually infinite possibilities for customization, MINI owners generally consider their MINIs to be of their own creation and take every opportunity to share photos and stories, brag about achievements and flaunt their little pride and joys’ latest accessories. MINI owners also tend to go to great lengths to protect their ‘babies’ from harm. The monthly MINI Motoring Club Rally provides these benevolent individuals with a good way to spend some quality time with their precious loved ones, as well as with family and friends. Any adopted guardian of a new or original MINI Cooper is given an open invitation to participate in these Rallies (at his/her own risk and expense) by the Club.

This month we will meet on Sunday, July 30th at MINI of Murray, 4735 S State Street at 9 am for coffee and bagels. We will hold the long-awaited second Official MINI Motoring Club T-shirt Design Contest at the Dealership before departing for the ever-popular Alpine Loop Drive. Please arrive early if you would like to enter the contest and/or vote on the best design. The winner will receive a $100 gift certificate at the MINI of Murray Parts Department. Further contest details can be found by visiting
www.miniutah.com

At 10:30 am we will head south on State Street to I-15 S via 5400 South. Please turn on your headlights and drive safely. Follow I-15 for about 20 miles over Point of the Mountain to UT-92 exit number 287 toward CEDAR HILLS/HIGHLAND/ALPINE. Turn left onto UT-92 and continue on the loop until it connects with Highway 189. Take a left and follow Highway 189 up and around Deer Creek Reservoir to the Midway exit (just after the reservoir).
Turn left onto Charleston Road & Go for about 5 miles to the end of the road. At the stop sign turn left onto Main Street. Go three blocks, and turn right. Turn left on 200 North Street and follow until it curves to the right onto Homestead Drive. Stay on Homestead Drive until it curves up to the left. The Blue Boar Inn is located approximately one mile from the Homestead Resort & across the street from the Wasatch Mountain State Park Visitors Center at 1235 Warm Springs Road.

The Blue Boar Inn will serve a fairy-tale Brunch in Courses consisting of House-baked Pastries, Fresh Fruit Medley, Warm Swedish Pancake with Berry Marmalade, Choice of Entrée, and Dessert for $18-$25/person (plus tax and gratuity). Please have cash or check ready to expedite payment. Coffee and juice are also included and a full wine and liquor list will be available upon request. "The Hinterhof," the Inn’s outdoor patio, has been reserved again for the group, weather permitting. Please RSVP to
wemotor@comcast.net or (801) 440-0088 by Tuesday, July 25th if you plan to attend Brunch at this "Best in State" Bed and Breakfast. For more information on the Inn, please call 1-888-650-1400 or visit www.theblueboarinn.com

We will hold the free raffle furnished by MINI of Murray and announce the T-shirt Design Contest winner following brunch.

Hope to see you on the 30th!

Karen Johnson
MINI Motoring Advisor/Club Organizer

Old 07-25-2006, 12:36 PM
MattMan
Coordinator :: Minis Under the Arches (Oct 25-28)
Thanks Rick!!!

Old 07-26-2014, 08:59 PM
irishstout
Neutral
Is this group still meeting?

Old 07-27-2014, 12:53 AM
countrymanman
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Please let me know, I'm just a mile from that dealership and would love to meet some other local mini owners

Last edited by countrymanman; 07-27-2014 at 06:39 AM.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:41 AM
irishstout
Neutral
Does anyone in Salt Lake want to do some weekend motoring? I have finally gotten past my 1200 mile mark and would like to stretch my Countrymans legs!!!

Old 09-04-2014, 10:51 AM
irishstout
Neutral
Sept 7th

Originally Posted by countrymanman
Please let me know, I'm just a mile from that dealership and would love to meet some other local mini owners
Did you get the email from Juan? See Below
The group is meeting this Sunday on September 7th, 2014!

***We’ll meet at the Starbucks in Midvale on Union Pacific Railroad and Fort union which is 1300 east and roughly 7100 south before we head out toward Nebo. We plan to meet around 10AM for those that like to mingle and wake up before the drive. We’ll roll out about11AM so don’t be late. : ) Be sure and bring a lunch for the picnic or a portable BBQ for grilling if you choose. Like last year we will be stopping in the Bear Creek Picnic area for lunch. Bring a hat and some sunscreen as it might get a bit warm.***

Old 09-21-2014, 01:51 AM
TheGreatJake
Neutral
Is there a way that I could be added to the list for notification of new meets? Finally got myself into a MINI. Did go out with some guys in Ohio (where I am from) when I previously owned one. Would like to meet some of the Utahn's

Old 09-21-2014, 09:11 AM
irishstout
Neutral
next ride October 5th

Send me your email and I will forward you the organizers email and the next invite.

Old 09-21-2014, 12:46 PM
irishstout
Neutral
Originally Posted by TheGreatJake
Is there a way that I could be added to the list for notification of new meets? Finally got myself into a MINI. Did go out with some guys in Ohio (where I am from) when I previously owned one. Would like to meet some of the Utahn's
__________________________________________________ ____________
Here is the info for the next rally! October 5th

We will meet here at our new dealership for on 4767 South State Street at 11am and we’ll roll out just before noon. We’ll also have a few refreshments here as well. Once we leave we’ll follow 4500 south east until we hit Wasatch blvd, which we’ll take heading south until we link up with little cottonwood canyon... Once at Snowbird you’ll find parking to be a little tight (good thing we all drive MINI’s) but we’ve always been able to make do. Due to the layout of Oktoberfest being so wide spread, feel free to do as you please. Some members of the club enjoy doing some of the events together where as others tend to go at it alone either way will be just fine.

The Contact at Mini of Murray is Jual Coles. email- juanc@miniofmurray.com