R60/R61 Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for R60 AND R61 MINI Cooper and Cooper S MINIs.

Audio Input Cable for newer Ipods

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 09:46 AM
StillK
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audio Input Cable for newer Ipods

I recently purchased a 2015 Countryman S All4. I am using an older Ipod and can access the complete menu of the IPod via the standard radio - choice shows as an Ipod. The new Ipods use a different cable - the charging port is different. I bought a cable via Amazon for the newer Ipod - plugged it in and the newer Ipod does not show on the radio - it does but not as an Ipod - I think it says auxiliary - not sure. So you can play the new Ipod but you have to access the menu on the Ipod itself instead of through the radio. The older Ipod is using a cable from Mini that I got with my older Clubman. Is there an "official" Mini cable that will work with my newer Ipod that display's the Ipod menu on radio?

I know very confusing!

Old 04-11-2018, 05:25 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
For your year of Countryman you need to use a Y-cable to connect to an Apple device. If you already have one that works with the 30-pin iPod connector and want to use a newer, Lightning port equipped device, the best bet is to buy the Apple 30-pin to Lightning adapter so you can use your existing cable. Newer cables exist, but they cost a lot more money than just an adapter.

Old 02-06-2019, 08:37 PM
bamajanamini
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by siriuszero
For your year of Countryman you need to use a Y-cable to connect to an Apple device. If you already have one that works with the 30-pin iPod connector and want to use a newer, Lightning port equipped device, the best bet is to buy the Apple 30-pin to Lightning adapter so you can use your existing cable. Newer cables exist, but they cost a lot more money than just an adapter.
2014 Countryman: I am using a MINI Y-cable and an OEM Apple 30-pin to lightning adapter. First time to plug in the iPod touch, MINI recognized the device and displayed as iPod. Everytime after that, MINI does not recognize iPod, only as AUX/USB and iPod gives notification "accessory is not compatible with this device"... any suggestions??
Thanks!