R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

R60 Yellow Traction and Brake light, Wipers turn on Turn Signals do not cancel out

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 08:43 AM
racemd
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yellow Traction and Brake light, Wipers turn on Turn Signals do not cancel out

Hello, I have a 2013 Mini Couper S Countryman with 51k miles. I had to replace the clutch due to a dual mass flywheel failure and we dropped the Kframe and installed the new parts. Unsure as we were very careful to disconnect and connect everything back up and now the care has the Yellow Traction Control Light, Yellow Brake Light, Turn Signals do not cancel out and wipers turn on after engine shutoff. We did of course have to disconnect the steering arm with the 1 bolt but did not see anything else. We carefully disconnected the 3 plugs from the steering. The only thing that comes to mind is on the passenger side of the suspension there looks to be a electrical suspension leveler that we had issues disconnecting the plug so we unbolted it from the frame. Any ideas what has happened? Everything was fine before, no issues.

QUOTE from another thread
"I've done some reading on the forum and believe here is the cause. The symptoms I have (yellow traction control and brake light, turn signals do not automatically cancel out, wipers turn on after engine shut off, DCS does not operate) are same of those folks who had the steering angle sensor fail in their cars. In R56 the steering angle sensor appears to be integrated with the steering column switch assembly, called steering column switch cluster (SZL), part # 61313449460. I could not find how much this part costs. Even though you can replace cluster yourself, dealer still would need to reprogram the sensor. Looks to be a costly repair."