R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

R60 Rear ended today...

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 02:07 PM
iceknyght
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Unhappy Rear ended today...

At least this wasn't our 2018 Countryman... Silver linings and all that...

Old 02-06-2018, 02:19 PM
ShipM8
4th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
That stinks. What was the person's excuse?

Old 02-06-2018, 02:25 PM
iceknyght
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ShipM8
That stinks. What was the person's excuse?
Driving while distracted? LOL! The driver was pretty young, but at least he knew it was their fault right away (and there happened to be a Fire Chief in the vehicle behind him)...

It's been a while since I have been in a car accident! Probably 10 years!

Old 02-06-2018, 02:37 PM
Rich Rodichok
3rd Gear
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Old 02-06-2018, 02:50 PM
iceknyght
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Rich Rodichok

Old 02-08-2018, 04:08 AM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
I have been hit twice over the years once in the side by a driver with 6 others who pulled out of the side road by a School on his first day with his license and the car his parents bought him.

Anyway then you spend countless hours working with their crap insurance company (because you have a good agent a good company, but they hit you). FYI the General is more of a Corporal in my book. So allot of you time wasted for something that is not you fault.

FYI, I hope they don’t total her out.

Old 02-08-2018, 07:07 AM
vetsvette
Received 450 Likes on 343 Posts
I'm sorry for your troubles, but it's a known fact that nobody likes Sheldon and will take any opportunity to smack him...

Old 02-08-2018, 07:33 AM
iceknyght
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MIminiclubman
I have been hit twice over the years once in the side by a driver with 6 others who pulled out of the side road by a School on his first day with his license and the car his parents bought him.

Anyway then you spend countless hours working with their crap insurance company (because you have a good agent a good company, but they hit you). FYI the General is more of a Corporal in my book. So allot of you time wasted for something that is not you fault.

FYI, I hope they don’t total her out.
Me too! I am still waiting back from the adjuster (took pics of the damage yesterday) and it's taking a little longer than I was first told to get back to me after that, so that's making me nervous! Luckily, I have USAA, which has been handling everything so far (the other insurance company called me yesterday and I answered a few questions, but basically told them to talk to my insurance)... Luckily, in that conversation, I learned the other driver admitted fault (which it was, but nice that his story didn't change), so at least it won't be a battle that way...

Once the adjuster gets back to me (and hopefully tells me I can move forward with fixing it), I was wanting to take it to our local Mini shop for them to look at the damage... I don't know if they have a body shop, but at the least, hopefully they could recommend me to one they use...

Originally Posted by vetsvette
I'm sorry for your troubles, but it's a known fact that nobody likes Sheldon and will take any opportunity to smack him...
LOL! You're not wrong...

Old 02-08-2018, 07:58 AM
AnOldBiker
4th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 145 Likes on 138 Posts
The present truck I bought my wife had only 500 miles on the clock when, at an on ramp waiting for the green light, some lady trying to get her fallen cell phone hit the car in front of her, who hit the car in front of him, who hit then car in front him, who hit my her back end. One heck of a accident.

You said you have USAA, and this is good. They took very excellent care of us. We had the police report, sent it to them, and before we knew it, the truck was repaired as good as new ... except of our knowledge that it happened. The made a bad experience (with one pissed off wife) .. good. It is a Nissan Frontier, and they, USAA, sent me to a body shop that specialize in Nissans, and had guarantees for the repairs.

Old 02-08-2018, 08:02 AM
iceknyght
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by AnOldBiker
The present truck I bought my wife had only 500 miles on the clock when, at an on ramp waiting for the green light, some lady trying to get her fallen cell phone hit the car in front of her, who hit the car in front of him, who hit then car in front him, who hit my her back end. One heck of a accident.

You said you have USAA, and this is good. They took very excellent care of us. We had the police report, sent it to them, and before we knew it, the truck was repaired as good as new ... except of our knowledge that it happened. The made a bad experience (with one pissed off wife) .. good. It is a Nissan Frontier, and they, USAA, sent me to a body shop that specialize in Nissans, and had guarantees for the repairs.
Man, those chain reaction accidents are the worst! Nothing you can do!

Good to hear about your experience with USAA! I have had them for about 12 years now, and they have been awesome! I have never had to use them for an accident claim (the accident I had about 10 years ago was in a company car), so this will be my first experience for that, but everything else I have used them for, they have been amazing to deal with!