R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

R60 Welcome to the U.S.A.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 07:48 AM
Bmtespar
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to the U.S.A.

My baby boy, Pierce lands on U.S. shores sometime today and I should be taking delivery sometime next week. My cm was supposed to arrive in the U.S on the 2nd but I guess rough water slowed the vessel down. Either way, I will soon be driving my new car which is much needed seeing as I sold my car in September and I have been riding my scooter everywhere. It is fun but I was soaked yesterday on the way home. So yeah, I am ready for my car already.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:07 AM
Sardian
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think we are on the same ship, the California Highway. I have the Marine Traffic app set to send me notification when it comes into port :-) I'm excited!

Old 11-04-2011, 09:11 AM
Bmtespar
3rd Gear
Awesome. Post when it arrives!

Old 11-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Sardian
2nd Gear
I sure will. I also have it set up to let me know when it comes into gps tracking range. I'll update when it starts showing up.

Old 11-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Sardian
2nd Gear
It's at the port right now!

Old 11-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Sardian
2nd Gear
Honestly I think the ships (California Highway) been there since earlier today but its just now showing up.....but, either way, its still exciting.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Bmtespar
3rd Gear
That's great news. I wonder if the owners lounge will update now. I hope to have mine by Wednesday of next week. Thanks again for tracking.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:59 PM
Tdoleman333
2nd Gear
Bmtespar & Sardian, I believe my MINI is on the same ship as you guys! My MA told me it came in today and he said their were 4,000 MINI's and BMW's on our ship! I hope my pick up day is the 8th of nov.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Sardian
2nd Gear
I'm not getting my hopes up for a quick delivery....I don't like to "count my chickens before they hatch". If I get a date in my head I'll be let down if it passes and no Mini.

I would really like to have it before the 18th tho since we have a trip planned and it'll be setting at the dealer until I get back a week later, I would much rather it be sitting in my garage. I might even be inclined to take the Mini on the trip....maybe.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:07 PM
Bmtespar
3rd Gear
Sweet. Who is your MA and which dealership did you get it at? Tell us about your specs. Also, did your MA Suggest he would have it on the 8th? Mine has to have stripes and tint before I pick up but I am anxious as hell to get my hands on my car.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:09 PM
Tdoleman333
2nd Gear
What's the vessel our MINI's are on?

Old 11-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Sardian
2nd Gear
The California Highway is the name of the ship. Picture of port (not live) But the time stamp and all is from today with the ships name.

Here is a link to the ship info with photos....I printed them to put in it's baby book, along with the picture below :-) Link: Click Here

Old 11-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Tdoleman333
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Bmtespar
Sweet. Who is your MA and which dealership did you get it at? Tell us about your specs. Also, did your MA Suggest he would have it on the 8th? Mine has to have stripes and tint before I pick up but I am anxious as hell to get my hands on my car.
I ordered my MINI from Global Imports and my MA is Neil Woods. He's amazing and so informative. My MA didnt say it would be at the dealership the 8th I calculated it that it'd be there then, but if not the 8th, then I hope that week of the 8th.
I ordered a 2012 Cooper S Countryman, auto, light white exterior, black leatherette seats, surf blue trim, center rail, mini conn/nav, heated front seats, alarm system, sunroof, h/k sound system, Tech package!

Old 11-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Tdoleman333
2nd Gear
also forgot to add 17 in. anthracite rims.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:21 PM
Bmtespar
3rd Gear
I believe it's California Highway but Sardian is the one in the know about it.

Sardian, surely you will have yours by the 18th and should most definitely consider it for a road trip. I looking for an excuse for a road trip if I can just find time off from work and school. Did you get the $750 off for the mini event? I got mine and am thrilled to use it on top of the negotiated price.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Tdoleman333
2nd Gear

Sardian, surely you will have yours by the 18th and should most definitely consider it for a road trip. I looking for an excuse for a road trip if I can just find time off from work and school. Did you get the $750 off for the mini event? I got mine and am thrilled to use it on top of the negotiated price.
I sure did get the Motor-Ober $750 off coupon! So excited to use it. What dealership did you order your MINI from and who was your MA?

Old 11-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Bmtespar
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Tdoleman333
I ordered my MINI from Global Imports and my MA is Neil Woods. He's amazing and so informative. My MA didnt say it would be at the dealership the 8th I calculated it that it'd be there then, but if not the 8th, then I hope that week of the 8th.
I ordered a 2012 Cooper S Countryman, auto, light white exterior, black leatherette seats, surf blue trim, center rail, mini conn/nav, heated front seats, alarm system, sunroof, h/k sound system, Tech package!
Nice ride! Neil is my MA as well. I exchanged emails with him today about if my car would be arriving at port today and he wasn't sure but said he would let me know when he heard something. Thankfully Sardian was keeping an eye on it for me. I am guessing I will get an email from him tomorrow. This is very exciting and I will be looking for your cm around the city.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Sardian
2nd Gear

I have a screen shot from the Sales Manager out Tom Williams Mini in B'ham (where I ordered my Mini) that shows all my order info inc. Prod Number, Ven and such and it has the name of the ship (California Highway) along with other bits of info, such as listing it as a Priority 1 (which is a pre-sold card) which is supposed to get it out of the VDC quicker.

I wish I could have gotten the $750 off. I went round and round with the sales manager and the MA with no luck. They said that the only way to get it was to "fudge" on the paperwork. I did get a slight bit off the price when I ordered it but that's it.

I attached a photo of the screen capture but I removed all the identifying data about me and the exact car with prod and ven info.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Tdoleman333
2nd Gear
@Sardian, Can you send me the link to that pic so I can see if my MINI is on that ship? its been hard and I haven't been able to track my countryman at all.

@Bmtespar, Have you joined the MINI's club in atlanta yet? Im going to join when I get my MINI!

Old 11-04-2011, 07:42 PM
iMom2005
3rd Gear
Good evening, folks! Pardon me, for just jumping right in (I just found this forum, and boy am I glad!).

My baby (a Pure Red Cooper S Countryman ALL4) is, at this very moment, onboard the Aida, heading up the Chesapeake, toward Baltimore! So exciting!

While in BWI, he'll get a set of bonnet stripes, then head off toward the midwest, where I hope to take delivery, late next week.

I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it!

Old 11-04-2011, 07:48 PM
Tdoleman333
2nd Gear
Welcome iMom2005, I thought my countryman was on Aida too, but I found out its not. Its here at brunswick, ga port and soon to be in my arms. Congrats! It should be too long coming oversees. Mine took like a week.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Bmtespar
3rd Gear
I would love to join but my work and school schedule leaves very little time for socializing. I joined a scooter club here and haven't been on a ride with those guys for months now. I wonder how well they will accept us big minis?

Old 11-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Tdoleman333
2nd Gear
@Bmtespar, Hopefully with open arms! Out of all the reviews I've read, the countrymans are the 2nd highest selling car with the mini hardtop at 1st. Just saying they should love us, were boosting sales in the mini company and we've broaden our market to people like I who wanted a bigger MINI but still looked and operated like the original minis!

Old 11-04-2011, 07:57 PM
Sardian
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Tdoleman333
@Sardian, Can you send me the link to that pic so I can see if my MINI is on that ship? its been hard and I haven't been able to track my countryman at all.

@Bmtespar, Have you joined the MINI's club in atlanta yet? Im going to join when I get my MINI!
I'm not sure which picture your wanting?

All you have to do is talk to the Sales Manager at your dealer and they can pull up the info quickly about the shipping info of your car. Once you know which ship it's on you can track it easily from the www.marinetraffic.com website.

To find out which ship it is on you'll have to get that info from the Sales Manager from your dealer, pretty much no other way (unless your ven number pulls something up at the WWL shipping site, mine shipped K-Line so this was a no go for me).

Old 11-04-2011, 07:58 PM
iMom2005
3rd Gear
That's awesome!

I'm trying so hard to be patient, but I just want that CM to be here soon!

Quick Reply: R60 Welcome to the U.S.A.