R57 :: Cabrio Talk (2009+) Cooper and Cooper S convertible (R57) discussion.

R57 Where is the bluetooth microphone?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 06:58 AM
Leader
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where is the bluetooth microphone?

Apologies if this question has been asked & answered before, but, where exactly is the bluetooth microphone in a MINI Cabriolet?
Took a call from my wife in her MINI last night. She sounded like she was calling from the 1940s...very tinny and scratchy.

Old 09-15-2012, 04:09 PM
Leader
3rd Gear
Wow. 47 people read my question, but not a single response.

My question was immediately answered on another forum. The BT microphone is on the steering column (right side) in the R57. The "tinny" audio I experienced from my wife's call is a symptom of her (ancient) iPhone 3G. Newer versions of the iPhone do not sound this way on the bluetooth system.

Back to posting pictures of your cars with their tops down, everyone.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:14 PM
epeel
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for asking & posting answer -- wondered myself. I have a new cabrio & have made only a few calls with the top down. Only have had a clear call once for the person on the other end -- too much wind noise apparently. Drove with the windows up & sprang for a wind deflector to attenuate the noise, but doesn't seem to help.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:30 PM
Nalublue
1st Gear
On my Countryman it is near the upper set of toggles. It is shown in the owners manual in the picture labeled "around the center console". YMMV but you might look in the book around that area. Mine sounds just fine (except for the time I had the turn signal on...). good luck.

Old 09-16-2012, 06:42 AM
Leader
3rd Gear
The BT mic is on the right side of the upper (roof) set of toggles in all MINI models except the Cabriolet. The wind noise when the top was down mandated a different placement for the open cars.
I just wasn't sure exactly where the mic was in our R57. Now I know it's on the steering column, right near the key fob receptacle, which is why a lot of folks hear the turn signal clicker quite loudly when talking via Bluetooth.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:14 AM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
The speaker for the turn signal is on the back of the big speedo, left hand side. (so VERY close to the BT mic on the R57 (and probably R59).

Old 09-17-2012, 11:58 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Leader
Wow. 47 people read my question, but not a single response.
I am not trying to start an argument here but this question has been answered in the proper section of the forum ( NAV and Audio) about 100+ times. If you read the site guide lines there is a statement about searching and posting threads on a subject that has already been discussed and many here may look at new threads but not respond because of the site search guidelines. And rather then tell you to go look they just dont respond.

I personally am one that will either tell you (if you have alot of posts) to go look it up or will point you in the correct direction if your a noob here. But searching and not making alot of posts on the same subject make these forums much easier to read and help others. Some other forums that do not have these rules have hundreds upon hundreds of posts with one response which makes it VERY VERY VERY difficult to get the info you need.

See site guideline #3 here https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/guidelines

Old 09-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Leader
3rd Gear
Okay, thanks. That helps explain why there's so little chatter here.

Old 09-22-2012, 05:03 PM
Betty Boop
2nd Gear
I didn't see this post before, and had no idea what the right answer would have been, anyway, and wouldn't have thought about it if the question hadn't been posted here.

So thanks Leader