R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Torque Pro App - R56 custom PIDs list

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 08:12 AM
miniuy
5th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Torque Pro App - R56 custom PIDs list

Hi,

just checking the TORQUE APP with my tablet (and the EML327 bluetooth adapter).
It seems it is a great tool for my R56, since it is wireless and I can use it with any hardware running Android 4+

Now I can see some familiar values (RPM, speed, V, etc).
I'm searching for a complete list so I could configure my custom PIDs (ie: for Oil Presure) since some info is not by default.

Thank you for any info about this!

Old 08-14-2015, 07:57 PM
Systemlord
6th Gear
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts
You can forget about oil pressure, that's not going to happen, there's only a low oil pressure warning that youll only see when its already to late. Now if you're wanting to do some data logging while driving Dash Command is the one to go with because you can view your log files in a program Scan-XL on your computer. Torque Pro is great for providing extra gauges and looks the best as an external upgrade for viewing custom gauges. Dash Command is better for data logging though, Dash Command only lists the PIDS that are compatible with your Mini. My advice, you want all PIDs select them when connected to your ECU when running Torque Pro. PIDS that weren't there before will pop up when connected.

Last edited by Systemlord; 08-14-2015 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:33 PM
cguzz
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Torque App what gauges

So, I'm new with this Torque App (I paid 5$ for the Pro version). I purchased the OBD Link LX (for Android)since it shuts off automatically and seems to be one of the faster readers out there.

Right off I'd like to read my:

Turbo boost...Seems to be working

Water Temp...Seems to be working

I'd like to have the intake temp to see how my IC is working. Some where I've read 5 degrees above ambient is good....
I think I have it set but not sure.

I have a 2009 MCS n-14 and from what I understand we can't get oil pressure on Torque. What other gauges/monitors are useful? Looking for suggestions.

Why would I want the Throttle and Accel gauges? These come up as default.

Thanks!

Old 02-02-2016, 05:48 PM
bcriverjunky
4th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Air/Fuel and timing are ones to watch.

Old 02-02-2016, 06:08 PM
cguzz
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bcriverjunky
Air/Fuel and timing are ones to watch.
air/fuel This is the value that should be close to zero?

I'm not sure what you mean by "timing". I'll look around tomorrow.

Thanks!

Old 02-03-2016, 01:04 PM
R56in
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Systemlord
You can forget about oil pressure, that's not going to happen, there's only a low oil pressure warning that youll only see when its already to late. Now if you're wanting to do some data logging while driving Dash Command is the one to go with because you can view your log files in a program Scan-XL on your computer. Torque Pro is great for providing extra gauges and looks the best as an external upgrade for viewing custom gauges. Dash Command is better for data logging though, Dash Command only lists the PIDS that are compatible with your Mini. My advice, you want all PIDs select them when connected to your ECU when running Torque Pro. PIDS that weren't there before will pop up when connected.
I second the recommendation for DashCommand. I have tested both and its much better at data logging, analysis and overall functionality.

Old 02-03-2016, 01:14 PM
bcriverjunky
4th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by cguzz
air/fuel This is the value that should be close to zero?

I'm not sure what you mean by "timing". I'll look around tomorrow.

Thanks!
If you run lean or have spark knock you will see the computer pull the timing back.

Old 02-03-2016, 01:41 PM
cerenkov
6th Gear
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
AFR will be reading ~14.7 at cruise, then around 12 at full throttle and 30 at throttle lift off.

It will bounce around a lot during normal driving. I mostly pay attention only during WOT. I usually read at ~11.4 - 11.7 on the Manic Stage 2 map B tune. Stock tune is not as rich so it will be a little higher.

Old 02-03-2016, 06:02 PM
Systemlord
6th Gear
Here's a long thread all about Dash Command you should check out, lots of helpful info. You can also view the logs files on your computer in greater detail and accuracy.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...og-graphs.html

Old 04-04-2016, 03:41 PM
miniuy
5th Gear
Checking my Mini base 2010 with Torque App but there is not any of the fuel diagnostic enable for me.

Is there a way to enable it or to add the PIDs for the fuel pressure readings?
(I'm working with a cold start issue)

Old 04-11-2016, 11:53 AM
Systemlord
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniuy
Checking my Mini base 2010 with Torque App but there is not any of the fuel diagnostic enable for me.

Is there a way to enable it or to add the PIDs for the fuel pressure readings?
(I'm working with a cold start issue)
Click on the gear icon on the lower left corner when on the gauge screen and select add display, you will then have a great number of sensors to choose from. Fuel Rail Pressure (FRP) is the one you want, AFRs will also show lean if you're truly are having trouble with your HPFP.

Old 04-11-2016, 04:42 PM
miniuy
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Systemlord
Click on the gear icon on the lower left corner when on the gauge screen and select add display, you will then have a great number of sensors to choose from. Fuel Rail Pressure (FRP) is the one you want, AFRs will also show lean if you're truly are having trouble with your HPFP.
Thank you for your response Systemlord.

Yes, I can see the sensors related to fuel (pressure, pump, ratio, etc) and I can add the gauge to the screen but they are not reading any info (values on 0 all the time).

It seems like the app is not reading the info related with the fuel.
My car is a Base model (non-S) maybe the PID is not the same so you can read it but I don't.

Old 10-07-2016, 12:09 PM
mark1
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I attempted to add a Fuel Pressure display, I selected "Fuel Rail Pressure" from the three in the Add sensor list that seemed similar, "Fuel pressure", "Fuel Rail Pressure", and "Fuel Rail Pressure (relative to manifold vacuum)", and also subsequently did not get any reading ("No data" shows on gauge). I noticed that none of the 3 Fuel pressure sensors were highlighted in green (either lighter green or darker), so I thought maybe the sensors were not active. What I'm wondering is, whether anyone knows how to make them active. Possibly there's a way to make Torque request sensor data, if the sensor doesn't put data on the bus spontaneously, but if there is a way, I don't know what it is; plus I'd have thought Fuel Pressures would be something that would not need to be requested.

I also tried making a custom PID 0159, but had no success with that either.

Any help on getting any/all fuel pressure readings on Torque from my R56, N12 motor 2008 MINI, would be appreciated.