R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Reba got a new look. :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 07:05 AM
MoxieMini
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Reba got a new look. :)

Over the weekend the weather was incredible, so I did some cosmetic "upgrades" to Reba. Plasti-Dipped the grill trim just to see if I liked it in black. Not only do I like it in black, I like the way the Plasti-Dip matches the rubber trim. I also painted my front calipers. The rears well be done next weekend.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:16 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I like both of those mods !! Good choices and well done.

I hate those wheels. Not only are they dirty (shame, shame, posting a pic of brake-dusty wheels), but we have those wheels on the PW MINI and the bridge-spokes SUCK. PITA to clean and they seem to chip very easily. Might have to get my S.O. a set of aftermarket wheels for her birthday instead of that expensive purse she wants.

Back on topic... did you use the G2 kit ? Their red matches CR very well.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:17 AM
Tsar
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been thinking about buying painted front grille trim pieces, plastic dip seems like a good solution (at least short term). My question is, how easy is it to apply. I suck when it comes to painting....

But what you did looks great!

Old 02-09-2009, 07:29 AM
MoxieMini
6th Gear
Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB
I like both of those mods !! Good choices and well done.

I hate those wheels. Not only are they dirty (shame, shame, posting a pic of brake-dusty wheels), but we have those wheels on the PW MINI and the bridge-spokes SUCK. PITA to clean and they seem to chip very easily. Might have to get my S.O. a set of aftermarket wheels for her birthday instead of that expensive purse she wants.

Back on topic... did you use the G2 kit ? Their red matches CR very well.

I know, I know, I should have cleaned the wheels . I'm not a huge fan of the bridge spokes either, but I'm using them for winter wheels/tires. They already have quite a few scratches. I'm planning on painting them black when I put the Team Dynamics back on here in a few weeks.

I went to O'Reilly's and picked up a Duplicolor brush kit. I know the guys over there pretty well, and they said it was good stuff as long as I followed the directions religiously.

And I agree, wheels are much better than purses. She has enough purses, don't you think?

Originally Posted by Tsar
I have been thinking about buying painted front grille trim pieces, plastic dip seems like a good solution (at least short term). My question is, how easy is it to apply. I suck when it comes to painting....

But what you did looks great!
I was looking for a temporary solution too, but I think I'm going to see how the Plasti-Dip holds up. I really like it.

It's very easy to apply. You can get a rattle can of it at your local Home Depot (or Lowes, too, I would imagine) for about $5. Just follow the directions, take your time, and be sure to get two cans for multiple coats.

Last edited by MoxieMini; 02-09-2009 at 07:31 AM. Reason: grahmer
Old 02-09-2009, 07:53 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MoxieMini
I know, I should have cleaned the wheels . I'm not a huge fan of the bridge spokes either, but I'm using them for winter wheels/tires. They already have quite a few scratches. I'm planning on painting them black when put the Team Dynamics back on here in a few weeks.
Messin' with you on the dirty wheels. And using them for winter tires is a smart move.

I went to O'Reilly's and picked up a Duplicolor brush kit. I know the guys over there pretty well, and they said it was good stuff as long as I followed the directions religiously.
Yeah, Duplicolor has a good caliper paint kit too, from what I've read around here.

And I agree, wheels are much better than purses. She has enough purses don't you think?
Ohhhhhhhhhh boy, if you only knew just how many purses and bags she has, you'd be like...

BTW, here's one of her bags:

Old 02-09-2009, 08:01 AM
MoxieMini
6th Gear
^^That bag is awesome! I wish I could talk my fiancé into one of those.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Eds not-so-red MINI
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reba definitely got some 'tude.

Nice!

Old 02-09-2009, 01:13 PM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
Well done.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:18 PM