R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 my car and school

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 09:51 AM
jcap287
School away from MINI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my car and school

im back at wvu in morgantown im a junior, i didnt bring my car down to school i brought my grandma's 98 neon because i thought my mini would get screwed up my apartment parking lot is safe i would say.. i live downtown(all my classes r in walking distance) but someone would have to go out of there way to do something to the car..the reason im in doubt is because there are other kids in my lot that have nice cars rsx bmw 3 series coupe (new generation), 07 mustang v6 (i consider it nice just because it stands out i guess) and other parts of town where i wouldnt park the neon just in fear of getting it ive seen kids have g45 coupe audis etc....the point im trying to make is should i risk bring my mini down ?

Old 08-22-2007, 09:54 AM
gjhsu
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had someone back up into my car without leaving a note.... I hate college kids... luckily I got the hell out of there (upon graduation, of course, haha).

Letting your grandma drive your MINI while you're at school is way cool!

Old 08-22-2007, 09:56 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Considering WVU was just named the nation's #1 school... for PARTYING, that is....

Well, tough call for us. We can't possibly have all the info you have. All I can say is, weigh the pros and cons. Then make the decision you feel is right.

Part of that decision should be what kind of insurance coverage is in place. What's your comp deductible ? If it's high and you decide to take the MINI, you should seriously consider lowering it to $100.

Ps. Periods. Seriously.

Old 08-22-2007, 10:01 AM
Rastven
4th Gear
After that testing my reading comprehension I would say keep the MINI at home, save the wear and tear and drive the beater. You are going to school, not a car show and if people are going to think less of you for the car you drive then you don't need them.

Old 08-22-2007, 10:12 AM
jcap287
School away from MINI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My grandma hasnt driven in 2 yrs. So, she gave me her neon it has 15000 miles on it and her neighbors are incredibly mean. They went out side with a hammer and hit her fender with it. She was like just take the car.so my car is parked sideways at home in the garage its nifty setup ill have to post a pic whenever i go home im thinkin labor day weekend. Um i dont know whats going on with my insurance my parents pay. It went down when the neon got put on. I know the mini has full coverage, the neon has liability..and the only reason wvu is #1 is because thats the only big action that hits the news lol. I have friends that go to ohio state, miami (fl), southern florida , syracuse, Pitt that have come to wvu and said theres way more action/better parties where they are, but theres better things to put on the news than party incidents. hahaha.......No I dont care about status I was just thinking bring it down for week or 2 park it in my lot with a temporary pass

Last edited by jcap287; 08-22-2007 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:25 AM
Rastven
4th Gear
Stick with the low mileage Neon. You won't be worried about where you parked and plus winter is coming soon and while I'm all for driving my MINI in all weathers having it safe from ice and snow is nice. Just get your dad/mum to take it out once a week and the you can enjoy the car when summer comes or maybe a spring break road trip.

Old 08-22-2007, 10:46 AM
Dubaian
4th Gear
am a student and i had my car in the parking lot.. got 2 dents already only from the college students they dont car about others' cars.. but the other side its a couple's MX5 which told me your car is beautiful!! and never got a dent from their side

Old 08-22-2007, 10:51 AM
Salty
3rd Gear
I would leave the car in a safe place and not take it to school. At my school there were the guys that liked their cars and took care of them, but there were more people that drove SUV's and didn't care what they hit. I had someone back over the hood of my Rx7 and not leave a note, I was really peeved, but there was nothing I could do. Left a nasty crease dent...