R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Ahoy, the Patriot! July 2007

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 05:33 AM
ChrisSBU
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahoy, the Patriot! July 2007

Howdy, y'all! Our Oxygen Blue MC is sitting in Southampton right now, being loaded aboard the Patriot, according to the WW tracking page. From the booking number, it looks like there are 135 cars in this batch, so I thought we'd see who else might be keeping our new baby company...

Quick question for those more experienced trackers - the WW site doesn't show the Patriot as being in their fleet, and on the schedule, I noticed that the Patriot takes 10 days to get to NY, while the other ships only take 9...is this just because the Patriot prefers to take its time while motoring across the sea? Also, I'd love to fully indulge my MCOCD and track it across the sea, but I don't know the callsign, and wouldn't you know that sailwx has about two dozen ships named the Patriot. Any help y'all could provide would be awesome. Thanks so much!

Chris

Old 07-27-2007, 09:26 AM
Tharkun
6th Gear
Patriot

Patriot is part of the ARRCNET line, owned by WW. WW has three lines with ship colors of green/white, red/white and blu/white. The link below has the fact sheet for the Patriot:

http://www.ww-group.com/services/shi...MVPatriot.aspx

I'll find the call sign for you soon.

Old 07-27-2007, 06:41 PM
egon
2nd Gear
Looks like my Dark Silver MCS is on the PATRIOT (EB730-PAT) and will be keeping you company!

And I do believe shes on her way:

Looking at previous posts, the Patriots call sign is WQVY. I can see this ship on sailwx just off the coast of England this am, so I think that is correct!

Last edited by egon; 07-28-2007 at 04:41 AM.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:10 AM
ChrisSBU
1st Gear
Great pic, Egon...I saw it departing port as well and posted the pic on my wife's myspace page...

I, too, thought that the WQVY was the callsign for the patriot, but in comparing the information in the ship registry with the information in the link above to the WW info site, they list the ship as being built by different companies, which is what made me think that WQVY may not be ours...but if it is, it seems to be making decent progress across the ocean

Old 07-29-2007, 09:45 AM
Tharkun
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ChrisSBU
Great pic, Egon...I saw it departing port as well and posted the pic on my wife's myspace page...

I, too, thought that the WQVY was the callsign for the patriot, but in comparing the information in the ship registry with the information in the link above to the WW info site, they list the ship as being built by different companies, which is what made me think that WQVY may not be ours...but if it is, it seems to be making decent progress across the ocean
Sorry for not getting back to you with the call sign, was busy tracking Tarifa through the canal most of yesterday.

WQVY seems to the correct call sign for the Patriot, which is licensed in the USA to INTEROCEAN AMERICAN SHIPPING out of New Jersey. They operate carriers Liberty, Patriot, Resolve, Independence and Freedom for American Roll-on/Roll-off Carriers, or ARC. ARC is actually American Roll-on Roll-Off Company, and is one of the Wallenius Wilhelmsen shipping lines.

Last edited by Tharkun; 07-29-2007 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:05 AM
ChrisSBU
1st Gear
Well, I could be wrong, but the Patriot seems to be coming across poste haste. From the sailwx.info site, she looks like she's more than halfway to New York...will it really take all the way until the 6th for it to arrive? I'm guessing she'll slow down quite a bit as she approaches the shore...I also see a noname tropical storm southeast of NY.

Old 07-31-2007, 05:17 PM
ChrisSBU
1st Gear
Well, getting a little worried about that tropical storm, but looking at NOAA's anticipated track, it should go northwest of the Patriot...

Old 07-31-2007, 05:44 PM
egon
2nd Gear
*fingers crossed*

As I sit here in my impatience for my MINI, never once did I factor in a tropical storm delaying my order, either due to the storm path or damage caused by stormy seas! Heres hoping the two do not meet!

Old 08-03-2007, 08:21 PM
egon
2nd Gear
Ive been noticing the fast progress of the Patriot over the ocean....so I checked the WW site, and they've changed the arrival in New York from the 6th (when it first left) to the 4th!!! Woot! Less time to wait??

Old 08-04-2007, 05:03 AM
ChrisSBU
1st Gear
I had applied for a trial of AISLive, but never received a response...I'd love to be able to get more detailed tracking as it floats into port...

Chris

Old 08-04-2007, 05:52 AM
egon
2nd Gear
I might have a spanner in my works here? There is now a second entry on the WW shipping site for my VIN. When I first checked, it had 'RECEIVED AT TERMINAL' and 'BOOKED' against the Patriot, so I've been tracking the Patriot on the sailwx site, and presuming I was on that.

Now I look at the shippers site, and there is another entry for my VIN on a different ship, Asian King, that appeared 5 days after I presumed I was on Patriot. THAT status on the new ship has 'LOADED ON VESSEL'. The Asian King sailed off 5 days LATER, and is going to Canada first, then New York, and is not due in NY until the 9th, not the 4th. *sob* *wail* So, I presume that their system is accurate and my car just literally missed the boat?

Old 08-04-2007, 06:00 AM
ChrisSBU
1st Gear
Oh, that stinks!

Old 08-05-2007, 04:06 PM
egon
2nd Gear
ChrisSBU - what does your VIN status say on the WW site? Mine hasnt changed, so I presume they missed loading it in the Patriot, even though it was booked for that, and it's on the Asian King instead, adding a weeks delay to my shipping :(

Old 08-05-2007, 04:12 PM
ChrisSBU
1st Gear
I have booked, then received, loaded, and now discharged, so I'm guessing/hoping that it's at the distribution center getting prepped and hopefully loaded onto a truck bound for Buffalo shortly

I'm sorry to hear that yours missed the ship :(

Old 08-05-2007, 06:26 PM
egon
2nd Gear
Sweet! Let me know how long it takes to get there, should give me some idea of how long the VDC are holding them for at this time. Good luck!

I have the callsign (3FYS8) for the Asian King, but sailwx doesn't have any data for it, so it looks like I'm blind until arrival on thursday. I can hold out I guess (heh, like I have a choice? ), but at the back of mind, I can't help wondering if this is a snafu in the works...booked on one ship, loaded on another! Eeek!

Old 08-05-2007, 06:33 PM
ChrisSBU
1st Gear
From what I read, the VDC takes 2 days...from there, I'm not sure how long it'll take to truck the car up to the dealership...it's about an 8 hour drive from NYC to Buffalo, but I don't know if the trucks do multiple stops along the way or if individual trucks are dispatched to single dealers (maybe it depends on how many cars they have coming from the VDC at the time). My MA seemed to think that it'd be ready Aug 10-13, so we'll see. Unfortunately, I won't have the opportunity to pick it up until Aug 13 most likely, but then it'll get loaded up for a road trip on the 16th...

Old 08-08-2007, 06:23 PM
Spectral Glider
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What I don't understand is that my car is showing up as loaded on both the Asian King and the Patriot, on the same day and the same time. What?