R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 R56 Production Week 27

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 05:57 PM
SimpsonGI
Coordinator :: Emerald MINI Car Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FYI, For those of you going to the West Coast, in case you did not know it, there is only one ship a week, there is one scheduled to depart Southampton every Monday. The earliest your Mini will show up on the WW tracking site is Friday. It appears as if it is currently only WW that serves the West Coast customers. The ship two weeks ago (scheduled to depart on the 18th of June) was cancelled for some reason. Lets hope nothing comes up that delays next weeks ship! Cheers

Old 07-02-2007, 06:14 PM
5decades
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Aonach
5decades
Did you call and talk to a real live person, recorded phone, or OL? It seems the phone updates first. I tend to rely on the recording though. I hate bugging people too much. I cant help but get the feeling there are a lot of people chuckling behind our MSRP paying, phone call crazy MINI lovers!

BTW - what is the next step? I think you put your VIN into a carrier cargo search but there are a couple floating around. I am not sure which is the most reliable. Ideas?
I got the recording and gave it (them) my order number.

Old 07-02-2007, 06:51 PM
jtl004
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Aonach

BTW - what is the next step? I think you put your VIN into a carrier cargo search but there are a couple floating around. I am not sure which is the most reliable. Ideas?
Hey... on the 1st Gear Forum, there is a really great "sticky" with information on how to track your mini once it leaves the factory. Pretty cool!

Old 07-02-2007, 06:54 PM
SimpsonGI
Originally Posted by jtl004
Hey... on the 1st Gear Forum, there is a really great "sticky" with information on how to track your mini once it leaves the factory. Pretty cool!
Yes, that should be your starting point for learning how to track it. Then you need to start asking questions from those that have made it through your current process. There is the NYK line but I'm not sure off the top of my head what their web address is. Most of my knowledge is concerning WW since that is the line my Mini was placed on.

Old 07-03-2007, 04:53 AM
jtl004
1st Gear
"RELEASED TO CARRIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Old 07-03-2007, 06:22 AM
SimpsonGI
"RELEASED TO CARRIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

It'll probably be making a ship by this weekend then! Now the fun part begins of trying to figure out which shipping company will be used... Congrats on finishing production!

Old 07-03-2007, 06:01 PM
jtl004
1st Gear
So... what's everyone looking most forward to?

Me? The go-kart handling and what I think is going to be a very nice interior!

I AM SO READY!!!

Old 07-05-2007, 08:25 AM
Need
4th Gear
My OL status just changed to await for transportation today. Hopefully it will make Tristan next week. Will find out tomorrow if it is on the list.

Tristan is scheduled to reach Port Hueneme on 8/1. Anyone knows usually how long does it take to reach dealership from port? My dealer is only about 1.5 hour away.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:09 AM
SimpsonGI
Originally Posted by Need
My OL status just changed to await for transportation today. Hopefully it will make Tristan next week. Will find out tomorrow if it is on the list.

Tristan is scheduled to reach Port Hueneme on 8/1. Anyone knows usually how long does it take to reach dealership from port? My dealer is only about 1.5 hour away.
Yep, since WW serves the West Coast and the next ship is due to depart on Monday July 9th, you should be able to confirm the booking on the WW site with you VIN starting tomorrow. At least that is when it has shown up for the previous 3 production weeks that were going to the West Coast.

In regards to how long it takes to reach the dealership from the port, that depends on if you ordered anything that is being installed at the VDC. Since you live in the LA area you'll get it quicker as it will need to be trucked a shorter distance (unlike mine which will trucked up to Portland, OR).

Old 07-05-2007, 11:01 AM
jtl004
1st Gear
What all is installed at the VDC???

Old 07-05-2007, 11:15 AM
SimpsonGI
What all is installed at the VDC???
That I don't know, I've seen some posts indicating roof racks and the iPod adapter can be installed at the VDC. If you added accessories to your order they can be installed at the VDC or dealer depending on what the item is. I didn't add a lot to mine except the mud flaps and chrome exhaust tips and both of those are installed at the dealer.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:36 AM
SimpsonGI
I realized I cross posted this which I shouldn't have, please see posts 155-157 (on page 7) in the week 26 support group topic https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=104830 for information on how to find your ship name if your MA can't tell you and it ends up being shipped on a non-WW vessel.

Last edited by SimpsonGI; 07-05-2007 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Cross-Posting
Old 07-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Salty
3rd Gear
just chiming in, I think sport stripes are added at the VDC

Old 07-06-2007, 08:32 AM
Need
4th Gear
Mine is booked on Tristan! If everything goes right, I would be getting it early August instead of late August as originally estimated.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:53 AM
jtl004
1st Gear
GREAT!!! Good for you!!! Anyone else got ship information???

Old 07-06-2007, 09:19 AM
rattmobbins
6th Gear
Aaaaaahhhh yea!!!! I'm on the Tristan as well! Woot woot!!!

Old 07-06-2007, 09:32 AM
Tharkun
6th Gear
Wish all a fast and safe voyage, my Mini decided to wait for the Tarifa on the 17th. Its one of the newest ships and Mini thinks he likes the red/white ship colors better than the green/white.

Actually he has been stuck in the body shop for two days, so no way of making this weeks ship, oh well whats another week of waiting.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:38 AM
rattmobbins
6th Gear
Well, if everything goes as planned, the Isolde (I mean Tristan) should be hitting Port Hueneme on August 1st! I might actually have my car before my birthday on August 19th! WOO HOO!!! Happy Birthday to me!

Last edited by rattmobbins; 07-06-2007 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:50 AM
SimpsonGI
Originally Posted by rattmobbins
Well, if everything goes as planned, the Isolde should be hitting Port Hueneme on August 1st! I might actually have my car before my birthday on August 19th! WOO HOO!!! Happy Birthday to me!
The Isolde had better make it Port Hueneme before August 1st. It is schedule for an arrival on July 23rd. Did you by chance mean the Tristan instead?

Old 07-06-2007, 11:04 AM
rattmobbins
6th Gear
Originally Posted by SimpsonGI
The Isolde had better make it Port Hueneme before August 1st. It is schedule for an arrival on July 23rd. Did you by chance mean the Tristan instead?
Oops. Yup.

Old 07-06-2007, 11:19 AM
amazingrando
Auto on Sport Button guy
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had no idea I was in production week 27 until today. ask mini automated tells me my car is in the body shop and finished production on the 6th. I spoke with a live rep and he said my car is headed for port...however my vin does not show up yet on the ww site.

Old 07-06-2007, 11:56 AM
SimpsonGI
Lets see, your Mini would be going to Port Hueneme. As far as I know only WW serves the West Coast. The have only one ship per week, it leaves every Monday. Usually your VIN will show up three days prior to departure (which would be today) but since it finished production today, it may be close. I've read the travel time from Oxford to Southampton can be from 1- 3 days.

Hopefully it will make to the port in time for next weeks ship if not, unfortunately it will be waiting at the dock for the ship that departs on the 16th.

Good luck!

Old 07-06-2007, 12:04 PM
SimpsonGI
Now that I'm reading your post, I think ASK MINI might be a bit off for you. If I remember right, it goes through the body shop before the paint shop. ASK MINI was fairly accurate for me with its updates. Did you talk to a live person at ASK MINI or just the recorded info? EDIT: Never mind, you did say you spoke with a live person.

When might went through production, it was saying scheduled for production on Tues, on Fri it was saying in the body shop, on Saturday in the paint shop and scheduled for completion on Monday, on Monday, still in the paint shop and still scheduled for completion on Monday, on Tuesday it had been completed and was awaiting transport to port, on Friday, the VIN was showing up on WW as booked for transport.

This time frame has been accurate for the past 4 weeks worth of production vehicles going to the West Coast. Unfortunately, I'm thinking this will probably hold true for yours as well.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Tharkun
6th Gear
The entire tracking system can vary for each person. Live ASK MIN reported production start Sunday 07/01, but did not show body shop till Thursday 07/05 and as of today they say it is in the paint shop. Still saying completion on 07/08 which is the start of week 28. Recorded ASK MIN and the OL still just showing scheduled for production for my Mini.

The Tarifa was scheduled to leave 7/16, but as of today that has been changed to 7/17, but still show arrival on 8/6 at Port Hueneme. Also I found on the South Hampton pages that all vehicles need to be at dock 4 days prior to ship departure. :impatient

So it seems there is a lot of info, but all dates can change and no way of being sure of anything till your car is confirmed to be on a ship.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:58 PM
SimpsonGI
Originally Posted by Tharkun
So it seems there is a lot of info, but all dates can change and no way of being sure of anything till your car is confirmed to be on a ship.
Very true. I'm only passing along how it has worked for the previous couple of weeks. There was a week in June where the ship got cancelled. That would have been a big bummer if you were waiting on it. I'm hoping amazingrando's Mini does make it onto the next ship, but I wanted to let him know that there is a possibility it might not make it.

Quick Reply: R56 R56 Production Week 27