R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 R56 Production Week 27

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 07:26 AM
rattmobbins
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SimpsonGI
If you production started yesterday, you are in week 28, possibly 29 (if it isn't finished by the 7th). Sunday was day 1 in week 28 but the week assignment is actually based on when your Mini is scheduled to be completed, most of the people in week 27 will have their Minis completed today or tomorrow.

Congrats on being scheduled for production!
Dude, why do you feel the need to respond to everyone in week 27? Aren't you a week 26er? We're not morons you know, we can help people out and answer their questions as well as you.

Old 07-02-2007, 08:12 AM
SimpsonGI
Coordinator :: Emerald MINI Car Club
Originally Posted by rattmobbins
Dude, why do you feel the need to respond to everyone in week 27? Aren't you a week 26er? We're not morons you know, we can help people out and answer their questions as well as you.
Yes, I am a week 26er and no I don't think people in week 27 are morons. I've been responding because I thought I've been giving out useful information. If you'd prefer I didn't read this thread I'd be happy to oblige, I'll apoligize for being online, reading the forums, and being active. But if I'm going through a topic and I think I have useful inforamtion, I'm going to respond.

Old 07-02-2007, 09:04 AM
Tharkun
6th Gear
Not to argue, but according to my MA and ASK Mini, production weeks start on Sundays, and I have been told week 27 since the day I placed the order.
Looking at a calendar, this is week 27 of the year, unless I can't count. Does not matter, it will be completed soon.

Last edited by Tharkun; 07-02-2007 at 09:11 AM.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:15 AM
SimpsonGI
Coordinator :: Emerald MINI Car Club
Correct, the production week starts on Sundays but when mine went into schedule for production status on the Tuesday of week 25 I posted in the forum and was informed that it based on when it completed, not when it is started. My estimated completion date was the first Monday in week 26, it actually ended up being completed on the Tuesday. If yours is scheduled for completion this week, then yes, you would be week 27. (At least according to what I've been told here on NAM)

If you MA is telling you week 27, then it is week 27. They will have the most up to date information and should know more than the people posting here about how it actually works.

It is a good feeling knowing it will "born" soon. Anyway, congrats again!

Old 07-02-2007, 10:53 AM
Tharkun
6th Gear
Just some random numbers from the Mini pages, the Oxford factory produces approx 3,500 units per week and is in production 24/7. That would seem to me that there are about 500 cars completed each day, or roughly 20 per hour. Or else they are really busy on the last day of the week.

I have asked the average time for production of a car from ASK MINI several times and the average time seems to be 3 to 5 days. So if your car starts production in the middle or end of a production week, it could/would be completed the following production week.

I have seen memebers here have production weeks bumped ahead, and moved back, this is simple to understand as things go well or bad on the line. I don't think any of us can actually bank on any dates, other than once the car arrives at the local dealer.

Old 07-02-2007, 12:08 PM
rattmobbins
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Tharkun
...I don't think any of us can actually bank on any dates, other than once the car arrives at the local dealer.
Even then the dealer can screw around and not get your car ready for delivery for days/weeks!

Old 07-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Tharkun
6th Gear
Lets not even talk about that. I have a slight advanage as a friend works close to the dealer and has a view of the lot when they do the unloads, so he will be watching for it. I will be there 30 minutes later to avoid the dealer telling me it is still in transit.

I expect some excuse for a delay as the MA is still saying delivery for middle of Sept.

Old 07-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Aonach
3rd Gear
Well I am not going to argue about what week it is but I think this is where I am! Just found out today I am in production with completion this week !!!!

I think that makes me a 27er? If not, you can blast away at me. I am just happy to know things are rolling and my MINI will be here by the end of July !!!
Now I just have to get my VIN from somewhere for the boat tracking...
Cheers!!

Old 07-02-2007, 12:30 PM
Aonach
3rd Gear

I expect some excuse for a delay as the MA is still saying delivery for middle of Sept.
Middle of Sept? Oh, CA. Feel for you if that is true. However, I dont think it will be that long.

Old 07-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Ravensmini
1st Gear
Just found out I'm in wk27, PWMCS should be out of the body shop on 7/3!!
Can't wait getting crazy

Old 07-02-2007, 12:44 PM
rattmobbins
6th Gear
Congrats and welcome fellwo week 27ers!!! It won't be long before we are all out motoring!

Old 07-02-2007, 12:44 PM
Tharkun
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Aonach
Well I am not going to argue about what week it is but I think this is where I am! Just found out today I am in production with completion this week !!!!

I think that makes me a 27er? If not, you can blast away at me. I am just happy to know things are rolling and my MINI will be here by the end of July !!!
Cheers!!

Welcome to week 27. If you use ASK MIN and talk to a live person, they will be able to give you the Vin #, a nice person gave me mine this morning.

Old 07-02-2007, 12:45 PM
rattmobbins
6th Gear

Cheers!!
Yup, if production will be completed on your car this week, then you are a week 27er! Welcome!

Old 07-02-2007, 12:46 PM
rattmobbins
6th Gear
Welcome to week 27. If you use ASK MIN and talk to a live person, they will be able to give you the Vin #, a nice person gave me mine this morning.

You can also go to the OL and click on "Review Order Detail". Your VIN should show up there as well.

Old 07-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Tharkun
6th Gear
You can also go to the OL and click on "Review Order Detail". Your VIN should show up there as well.

I'm not that lucky, OL still just showing "0n 0rder", for me it has been taking 24-48 hours for the OL to update. I keep getting live people at ASK MIN saying to call them since they have more current info...so I do.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Konquest
2nd Gear
I think i'm in week 27 as well. I ordered a Dark Silver/Black Automatic MCS, Leatherette, Sport package, Anthracite headliner and some other stuff I cant remember right now . I ordered my mini on the 27th and Ask Mini said it will finish production on July 4th! I can't wait to get it

Old 07-02-2007, 01:27 PM
Aonach
3rd Gear
Thanks! The VIN just showed up. Will be handy when I call my insurance company to set up the date for the switch between cars. We have to drive 240mi to pick it up so this is handy for the insurance!

Thanks! Let me know when anyone gets an update about being loaded onto a boat. Maybe we'll set sail together! Fortunately, I live near Charleston, SC and my wait will be minimal. At this rate, I wont be surprised if I find myself at the dock!

Old 07-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Aonach
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Konquest
I ordered my mini on the 27th and Ask Mini said it will finish production on July 4th! I can't wait to get it
Wow! You did really well on the order into production side of things. If you live on the east coast, you are set. If not, it'll probably even out!

Old 07-02-2007, 01:35 PM
ramtaajogi
2nd Gear
yea, just checked on the phone and its said car is in the body shop and will be done july 3rd. cant wait.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:42 PM
Konquest
2nd Gear
Wow! You did really well on the order into production side of things. If you live on the east coast, you are set. If not, it'll probably even out!
I live in Houston, TX. How long do you think it will take to get there?

Old 07-02-2007, 02:32 PM
jtl004
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Ravensmini
Just found out I'm in wk27, PWMCS should be out of the body shop on 7/3!!
Can't wait getting crazy

ALRIGHT!!! Another pepper white in week 27... great choice... I think the best! No offense to others.

Old 07-02-2007, 02:36 PM
jtl004
1st Gear

"DUDE", why do you feel the need to jump down everyone's throat?!? Calm down a bit. It seems like a large majority of your posts are you getting an attitude with someone. What are you, 12? He was just trying to help, and frankly I've found some of his information very useful. CHILL!

Old 07-02-2007, 04:37 PM
5decades
1st Gear
"Mini Me" is out of production and waiting to be released to the carrier! Time to find those wheels and get the clay bar ready!

Old 07-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Aonach
3rd Gear
5decades
Did you call and talk to a real live person, recorded phone, or OL? It seems the phone updates first. I tend to rely on the recording though. I hate bugging people too much. I cant help but get the feeling there are a lot of people chuckling behind our MSRP paying, phone call crazy MINI lovers!

BTW - what is the next step? I think you put your VIN into a carrier cargo search but there are a couple floating around. I am not sure which is the most reliable. Ideas?

Old 07-02-2007, 05:16 PM
rattmobbins
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jtl004
"DUDE", why do you feel the need to jump down everyone's throat?!? Calm down a bit. It seems like a large majority of your posts are you getting an attitude with someone. What are you, 12? He was just trying to help, and frankly I've found some of his information very useful. CHILL!
Who the eff are you? And please point me to the "large majority" of my posts that I am "getting an attitude with someone". I'd love to see them. Oh year, I'm 12, and I'm buying a MINI to let it sit in my parents garage until I'm old enough to drive it. Moron.

Quick Reply: R56 R56 Production Week 27