R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Floor Mats/Boot Mat

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 09:08 PM
BLAUGRANA
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Floor Mats/Boot Mat

So I sadly got a little bit of mud on the floor of the driver's side of my new Clubman today. Long story. Anyway, I noticed it didn't have floor mats (just got the car a week ago). So I want to get some for the front, back and for the boot. So I'd love to know what you use, what you think is good and even where you get them.

I found these:

http://www.amazon.com/MINI-Cooper-Cl...1237076&sr=1-3

Old 05-01-2009, 09:30 PM
on2wheels
3rd Gear
I have the Mini rubber mats that work great, they're durable and easy to clean. But I'd really love to have some of these...

Old 05-02-2009, 08:02 AM
kdubber
2nd Gear
Blaug - I agree with on2 - get the MINI-branded rubber mats and I also suggest the matching boot mat. Morristown MINI offers 20% off list and reasonable shipping.

Cheers!

Old 05-02-2009, 08:50 AM
Kimbo80
4th Gear
I would talk to your S.A. My dealer threw the mats in for free and gave me the option of carpeted or rubber. I went with rubber, because of mud, salt in the winter, etc.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:18 AM
KdF
2nd Gear
I got a set for $19.00 from COSTCO, just cut them to fit and they work fine. Rubber too.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:10 PM
wmdapple
1st Gear
Weather Tech

I bought a set of Weather tech for the front and cargo area. ran a small velcro strip to prevent first form working it's way down along the sides. Work great. Drop in the origal dealer ones when we go out for an evening, or are picking up passengers.

Bought them direct from the company. good Price, came quickly

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...1337&Year=2008

Old 05-02-2009, 08:42 PM
Alto Clef
2nd Gear
I invested in Cocomats, since the OEM carpet mats were so disappointing. Maybe rubber would be more acceptable... but the Cocomats hide lots of crud, are easily cleaned, and don't slide around at all. Not cheap, but I'm happy with them.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:18 PM
jpp_zoso
2nd Gear
bought the mini carpeted mats w/ my original configuration...replaced them w/ the mini rubber mats about a month later...the carpeted ones were too hard to keep clean. haven't put the carpeted mats back in, and prolly won't. the rubber mats are awesome, rain or shine, hot or cold, mud or dirt, snow or ice.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:26 PM
ATCQL
5th Gear
For the last 35 years i have used coco mats in all of my cars.Besides adding to the appearence of your car,they are long lasting,and are easy to clean.Q

Old 05-08-2009, 02:31 PM
otterdad
3rd Gear
Ditto on Cocomats. I have been completely satisfied with mine. I opted for the black mats with blue dots (see their website) and it really looks good with my piano black/anthracite and pacific blue interior.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:45 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can someone post a shot of the cocomats in their MINI?

Would love to see what they look like in the MINI interior.

Old 05-09-2009, 05:07 AM
OLarryR
3rd Gear
BLAUGRANA,

Rubber mats or carpeted mats...what a dilemma ! I have had both thru the years and this time around, I wanted carpeted mats. Rubber mats are okay as well. If you do go with carpeted here are some opinions.

I really like the ones that you linked up to on Amazon...the ones with the "Clubman" on it. But I would first check with your dealership since I do not believe the cost Amazon lists is that much off from what it would cost going directly with your dealership and as one suggested, may be your MA can cut you a deal !

I ordered the carpeted mats when I bought my MINI. However, it was a last minute thing...I remember having to call my MA and have him change my order from rubber mats to carpeted mats. But I made a small mistake...not a biggy but still....since I did this last switcheroo over the phone, I did not confirm which carpeted mats. Apparently they sell Clubman carpeted mats with the "Clubman" on it and those mats are a bit different in structure and then they sell...Clubman carpeted mats but not with the "Clubman" on it. So...you can get the ones with "Clubman" on it and ones without. Not sure what the quality difference is in the carpeted matl itself since i never went that far in checking them out. But I can tell you that the Clubman carpeted mats (without "Clubman" on them) cost me about ~ $80 thru the dealer...that's for the front ones and small itty bitty ones for the rear seating areas. I checked the label on the back of the mat just to see if they just put in mats from some local auto store ...but they do say "BMW" on it !!!

After reading all the comments here...maybe it does pay to look at coco mats. I may take a look as well.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Craig6z
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
Can someone post a shot of the cocomats in their MINI?

Would love to see what they look like in the MINI interior.

My car - "RedMist" is Chili Red with black interior. The cocomats are about five months old, and still look as good as the day I received them.

Note the photos make it appear that the mats are slightly different colors. They are identical, it's just the flash went off on one of the shots and not the other.

Last edited by Craig6z; 05-13-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:56 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It seriously took you a week to realize you had no floor mats ??

Old 05-14-2009, 03:49 PM
BLAUGRANA
3rd Gear
Thanks for all the replies (except the last one of course). I ordered carpeted mats. I got them from Morristown Mini online. While the price was good, the mats don't impress me at all. No "BMW" on the back they weren't even in a plastic bag. Just thrown a box. They'll do for now, but I'm definitely going rubber.

The Cocomats sound great, but personally they just don't look good to me. I personally don't think they fit the look of the car.

I also got the rubber boot mat. While I haven't installed it yet, that looks nice. Sticker on the bag said BMW too. So that looks much better, though I got that elsewhere.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:32 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Love the rubber mats - have 'em front and back and in the boot (boot mat does not fit 100% perfectly but is just fine)...but I think the cocomats are very attractive if you pick the color that suits you and your interior. Right now I am too cheap to spring for them, however. http://www.cocomats.com/style.htm

You ought to get your salesperson to ante up for the other rubber mats if you can - they should at least have given you the carpeted ones. I gave my carpeted ones to a Clubman pal who likes them...and my salesperson/MA gave me the rubber ones... Either way, rubber is very useful if you live in an area where you are likely to track in a lot of dirt or sand...or if you're not as OCD as some.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:35 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah, Blau, you are wayyyyyyyy off on the cocomats. Maybe those pics posted aren't the most flattering, but the cocomats, if the colors picked match up well, are quite nice looking.

If you knew me at all, you'd know I wouldn't have them in all three MINIs if they weren't just right for my cars.

I like them so much, I use the OEM rubber mats for winter when there is snow and salt to deal with.

Old 05-15-2009, 04:44 AM
BlimeyCabrio
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Amen on the Cocomats. One of the best parts of my car. The challenge is that photos don't do them justice - it's one of those details that you really have to see in the car to appreciate.

Old 05-15-2009, 06:39 AM
Craig6z
2nd Gear
Unfortunately I agree my photographic efforts are not going to help sell the Cocomats. The lighting was awful the day I quickly took them, plus the car was overdue for a cleaning.

They really look good and contrast well with the interior. Every friend who sits in the car for the first time makes positive comments about the mats.

I think the factory mats are pretty chinzy (must be a BMW thing, the ones that I got when I bought a 325i were also blah). While the Cocomats are not cheap, they are well constructed, and give buyers a lot of color choices.

The only negative about them is I wear flip-flops a lot and find them hard to drive in, so I'll drive barefooted. I find the mats are not what I would describe as comfortable on my feet.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:03 AM
Mike1968NM
3rd Gear
Great thread!

Blau,

Are you going to go with the OEM rubber mats or the weather tech ones?

wmdapple,

Does the driver weathertech mat actually extend over onto the foot sill? If so is there a problem with the door hitting it and moving it? It seems as though if it does extend over the sill then it would be easy to brush out with a small hand held broom.

I love this site <-----I'd be lost without it!