R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Leather lounge or Leather Sport seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 03:20 PM
Yogveda
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leather lounge or Leather Sport seats

Hello Clubbi Owners,

I have ordered a clubman with leather sport seats but the leather lounge looks good too. has any one tried both. which is a better ride. I still have a chance to change till the 12 of march.
thank u for your answer

Last edited by Yogveda; 03-03-2009 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Have no answers
Old 03-26-2009, 09:09 PM
whiff
1st Gear
What no replies. I've been pondering the same option choices. So all you lounge leather owners stick up for your choice

Old 03-26-2009, 09:14 PM
svtzx2
2nd Gear
I got the punch leather in my 09 JCW and can't say enough. I just couldn't see having white piping around my seats and having to pay more for the privilege.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:51 PM
on2wheels
3rd Gear
I be likin' the lounge leather sport seats. They were very comfortable on a 23.5 hour trip last summer. No back pain or stiffness that I have normally encountered with other seats. My opinion for what it's worth.

Attached Thumbnails Leather lounge or Leather Sport seats-dscf0247a.jpg  
Old 03-27-2009, 01:52 AM
whiff
1st Gear
The Hot Choc. seats look great w/the yellow. Nice picking

Old 03-27-2009, 03:36 AM
minimarine
2nd Gear
I love my sport seats. Holds you tight in the twisties.

I suppose if you have a big boot (personally) or like a very relaxed driving position, the lounge may be a better choice.

I've had no issues with the sport seats on long drives either.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:40 AM
OLarryR
3rd Gear
For some people, there is a difference between the two leather options and the difference is not just the extra $1000 or the plushness, etc. I tried both out a number of times and the reason was the demo car for the test drives was with the premium (higher cost leather) and I figured if i was going to go for the less expensive leather option, I might as well sit in the seats and see what it felt like. It felt fine ! Okay...I'll go for it and save $1000 !!! Ahhh, but the plot thickens ! I then thought...it seems like the the little side contour of the seat in the less expensive leather option was touching my butt/hips a bit more. If I felt it after just sitting for a couple of minutes, then would I be happy with it for a longer drive ? Most people...probably no issue and it is not like I am a heavyweight with a big butt...but I thought the side contour was more pronounced in the less expensive leather....though...the leather was fine. it had a slightly different leather frills design but that did not bother me. the contour was on my mind....or rather my butt !

So...I kept sitting in MINIs with each leather option to see if the side contour thing was really just my imagination. It is not ! There is for whatever reason, a slightly different side contour to the seat bottom of both leather options. So...my advice is to go back to the dealer and try the different leather options out ansd then make your decision. For many...maybe no big deal....and for many, they probably never even noticed that there was a slightly different side contour.

In my case.....I said to my MA...geesh..I have to spend another $1000 for the more expensive leather option because for whatever reason the side contour is less pronounced in that option ? I went with the higher cost leather option !! That was my decision....but...if the side contour seems the same for you...then go with the less expensive leather option unless someone else has other reasons for going for the big bucks.

I should be picking up my MINI next week. It's in NY awaiting clearing the VDC/delivery to the dealer.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:37 PM
CJP
2nd Gear
I agree with OLarryR - I too noticed a significant difference between the leathers. In my '08, I have the Black Lounge Leather w/cream piping and it is superb! Now - if they would make the Lounge Leather with cream piping in Tuscan, then that would end my dilemma between the two leathers for the upcoming Clubman in our Mini family!