R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 strange experience...

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 11:52 PM
yellocooper
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just happened to get out of work early tonight and strolled into a mid town bar.
Started chatting with a fireman who was in attendance with his wife. Firefighter
was fascinated by cooper. He had never seen one before.I offered to take him for
a quick run. His wife threatened to divorce him on the spot if he went on ride with me in Cooper. I felt bad for him, but he had to take the ride even though he was putting his marriage in jepoardy. Being a professional driver ,(gas tankers) it was easy to demonstrate the handling and agility of the car and bring a massive smile
to his face .I kept her under 115 mph and I think the 90 mph exit ramp sold him. When I returned him to the midtown bar 20 minutes later, his wife was livid and was stomping away furious that he disobeyed her orders .I may have destroyed their marriage. Am I satan? should I feel guilty? Is it all my fault? should I do it again to another unsuspecting passenger? Please free me of the guilt I am feeling...
dr remulac

Old 03-12-2003, 03:40 AM
jsun
6th Gear
Nahhh, you couldn't be satan as I doubt the old prince of darkness wouldn't be dumb enough to let himself be inserted in the personal argument between a stranger man and his wife.

Old 03-12-2003, 03:47 AM
shaskan
4th Gear
A woman that wouldn't want a ride in a Cooper herself???????
I think she may be Satan! What kind of moron wouldn't want to join in the fun.

If she has a problem with a simple thing like that, I bet the marriage is allready doomed.

Frank

Old 03-12-2003, 05:08 AM
wwwebb
5th Gear
Wives like that give guys like me a red chapped a$$.

Old 03-12-2003, 05:12 AM
Gidget
3rd Gear
ROFLMAO...

if he jumped in the car to test drive w/a woman driver , I am sure that would be grounds for divorce [in her eyes]

Old 03-12-2003, 05:18 AM
Davbret
6th Gear
If she can't come along, or wait patiently while her husband occupies a minor amount of time with something that greatly interests him, than she is either a controling biznatch who has lost sight of reality, or their marriage is skating on divorse papers already.

I wouldn't feel guilty for a moment. Pity for the fireman yes. Guilty, no.

R

Old 03-12-2003, 05:49 AM
mwbmini
3rd Gear
>>If she can't come along, or wait patiently while her husband occupies a minor amount of time with something that greatly interests him, than she is either a controling biznatch who has lost sight of reality, or their marriage is skating on divorse papers already.
>>
>>I wouldn't feel guilty for a moment. Pity for the fireman yes. Guilty, no.
>>
>>R

I agree completely, and I also feel bad for that poor fireman. Wait til he comes home with a MINI, then she'll really be ticked off!

Matt

Old 03-12-2003, 06:33 AM
antsmini
6th Gear
thats women for you. take a man and remove all logic and responibility and you have a woman!

Old 03-12-2003, 06:40 AM
jsun
6th Gear
>>thats women for you. take a man and remove all logic and responibility and you have a woman!

I think I've finally figured it out... Ants is neither a manager at A.F, nor a motoring advisor, nor an illustrator. Actually, he's a psychology or sociology grad student who hangs out posting garbage on this site as part of a research project to see just how much b.s. we can tolerate before seeking him out and forcing both of his feet further into his mouth.

Old 03-12-2003, 06:59 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Feel no guilt...I was married to a b**ch like this (I'm assuming a lot here, I know) 13 years ago...seriously controlling and knew how to turn the screws to get her way. Wound up with clynically psycho. She disliked my friends and constantly tried to corral me into what she thought was acceptable. Eventully, she went too way far. (...long story) Anyway, I hope your friend is strong enough to tango with this type...hopefully she just had a headache or something. Its not your fault, though...(its the Coopers :smile: :smile: :smile: )

Old 03-12-2003, 07:26 AM
Mini2Go
Coordinator :: Pitt Stop MINI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yello - Definitely do not lay any guilt on yourself here. There are obviously deeper issues involved with this [pathetic excuse for a] relationship.

Old 03-12-2003, 07:35 AM
kgdblu
6th Gear
Worry not, yello...I'd say if she was that pissed off over such a minor thing, then my guess is there are much larger issues at hand. Her anger at such a small incident is just a symptom. I absolve you from all guilt, and I'm not even Catholic.

Old 03-12-2003, 07:40 AM
orfeu
3rd Gear
i once dated a girl who hated MINIS... and as some of you may know, that ended miserably. so now i use the MINI test: if she loves the MINI, then she's acceptable. if she doesn't... it is goodbye. it really works to weed out the bad ones!

Old 03-12-2003, 07:41 AM
8ball
6th Gear
We should all rejoice in the revelations, Brothers and Sisters - the gospel according to MINI should be spread far and wide! fear not the philistines but go forth and make believers of those awash in evil SUV-ism ... with the Winged Medalion as our shield, we shall be triumphant over the bitchy forces of evil and darkness ...

Old 03-12-2003, 07:44 AM
kgdblu
6th Gear
>>We should all rejoice in the revelations, Brothers and Sisters - the gospel according to MINI should be spread far and wide! fear not the philistines but go forth and make believers of those awash in evil SUV-ism ... with the Winged Medalion as our shield, we shall be triumphant over the bitchy forces of evil and darkness ...
Ahhhhhhhh-men....or should that be
Ahhhhhhhh-person?

Old 03-12-2003, 07:55 AM
mwbmini
3rd Gear
>>>>We should all rejoice in the revelations, Brothers and Sisters - the gospel according to MINI should be spread far and wide! fear not the philistines but go forth and make believers of those awash in evil SUV-ism ... with the Winged Medalion as our shield, we shall be triumphant over the bitchy forces of evil and darkness ...
>> Ahhhhhhhh-men....or should that be
>>Ahhhhhhhh-person?

Gesundheit!

Old 03-12-2003, 08:04 AM
sambusik
6th Gear
I bet the fireman couldn't sleep that night. He was figuring out the numbers in his head, trying to decide how to bring up the topic of the MINI purchase to his satan wife

Old 03-12-2003, 08:10 AM
8ball
6th Gear
>>I bet the fireman couldn't sleep that night. He was figuring out the numbers in his head, trying to decide how to bring up the topic of the MINI purchase to his satan wife

... or trying to figure how many more options he could put on if he dumped his satan wife ...

Old 03-12-2003, 08:21 AM
COOPERation
Burbling since 2002
Me thinks the MINI is better at bringing people together than tearing them apart...but once in a while....

Old 03-12-2003, 08:23 AM
sambusik
6th Gear
>>>>I bet the fireman couldn't sleep that night. He was figuring out the numbers in his head, trying to decide how to bring up the topic of the MINI purchase to his satan wife
>>
>> ... or trying to figure how many more options he could put on if he dumped his satan wife ...
>>
>>
buh bye wife = Premium + Sports Package
it's an easy decision

Old 03-12-2003, 08:25 AM
mwbmini
3rd Gear
>>>>>>I bet the fireman couldn't sleep that night. He was figuring out the numbers in his head, trying to decide how to bring up the topic of the MINI purchase to his satan wife
>>>>
>>>> ... or trying to figure how many more options he could put on if he dumped his satan wife ...
>>>>
>>>>
>>buh bye wife = Premium + Sports Package
>>it's an easy decision
>>

Old 03-12-2003, 08:26 AM
sambusik
6th Gear
yeah, seems that his wife's "trade in value" would be crap...

Old 03-12-2003, 08:42 AM
chrisneal
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hope they don't have kids

Old 03-12-2003, 10:49 AM
antsmini
6th Gear
>>>>thats women for you. take a man and remove all logic and responibility and you have a woman!
>>
>>I think I've finally figured it out... Ants is neither a manager at A.F, nor a motoring advisor, nor an illustrator. Actually, he's a psychology or sociology grad student who hangs out posting garbage on this site as part of a research project to see just how much b.s. we can tolerate before seeking him out and forcing both of his feet further into his mouth.
>> :smile:

Old 03-12-2003, 11:30 AM
Haz
2nd Gear
>>>>>>thats women for you. take a man and remove all logic and responibility and you have a woman!
>>>>
>>>>I think I've finally figured it out... Ants is neither a manager at A.F, nor a motoring advisor, nor an illustrator. Actually, he's a psychology or sociology grad student who hangs out posting garbage on this site as part of a research project to see just how much b.s. we can tolerate before seeking him out and forcing both of his feet further into his mouth.
>>>> :smile:

I'm wondering what your boss(es) would think if they ran a search of all your posts on MCO and reflected on them? Do you think they would like or care what you have to say? And would you care about that?

Quick Reply: R50/53 strange experience...