R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 I am in love. *sigh*

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 04:12 PM
jiggajaymz
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am in love. *sigh*

I didn't think my obsession with MINI could get any worse (and I don't even own one yet!) all I do at work is click "new post" every 2 minutes, bookmark links for potential DIY and rebuild my mini when I'm bored. Well, I went to test drive a MCS this afternoon (the second time I've driven a MCS, my roommies mom has a MCSc) at Crevier mini in Orange County and I'm official in love with the car. I LOVE IT!!! I LOOOOOVVVEEE IT!!! My aunt works for Butler Shine and Stern in Sausalito, and they won the MINI account! So I'll email her randomly and write about MINIs. She thinks I'm possessed. She wants one too, I'm trying to convince her to get one so we can motor together once I get mine. The thing is because she works for Butler Shine & Stern, she can get a MINI at INVOICE!!!! She really doesn't have an excuse not to get one. Sorry this post is all over the map, I'm just a bit excited. Anyway thanks for reading. Follow the link to see what it takes to win the MINI account:

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine...6/b3970110.htm

Old 02-25-2006, 04:15 PM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
it only gets worse when you get it. Sorry to say :(

Old 02-25-2006, 04:16 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't worry, you're in very good company here...obsess away!!! The great thing about MINIs is that as much as one loves them from afar, actually motoring in one is even better!

Old 02-25-2006, 04:43 PM
MiniRiderBill
2nd Gear
Lov'in every minute of it!

It's a love affair that renews itself every time you drive it. Then you Mod it in some way and it starts all over again...Welcome to the community.

Old 02-25-2006, 04:45 PM
bobdobbs
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jiggajaymz
The thing is because she works for Butler Shine & Stern, she can get a MINI at INVOICE!!!! She really doesn't have an excuse not to get one.
So, if she doesn't want one, why not get one for YOU at invoice?

Old 02-25-2006, 04:49 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bobdobbs
So, if she doesn't want one, why not get one for YOU at invoice?
He said that she DOES want one, but I wonder if she can get another one at invoice for a relative!?

Old 02-25-2006, 04:52 PM
jiggajaymz
3rd Gear
I wish! But I think she'll get one eventually, she has the bug and it will only get worse. She'll crack and get a MINI, I know it.

Old 02-25-2006, 04:53 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
I wish! But I think she'll get one eventually, she has the bug and it will only get worse. She'll crack and get a MINI, I know it.
Oh, yeah....she will catch the disease, no doubt....and that will be really fun for you both!

Old 02-25-2006, 05:36 PM
bosfordjd
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm in the same boat man. While I have yet to drive, plan on it march 6th. I did sit in a '06 last weekend at an auto show. I sat in a bunch of other cars as well, but the MCS just felt...well....perfect. I've been doing the same clicking away, book marking posts on mods and things to buy. And perhaps the most disturbing is I've had 4 dreams in the past 6 days about driving, buying, modding my mini. What's disturbing about that is I'm pretty sure that's more dreams than I've ever had about one of my SO's in a single week(shh don't tell them that). Not to mention every purchase I make is weighed against what could I get for my mini with this money instead, Zaino, Bonnet strips, wheels, tint, racing harness, etc, etc. I actually had PB&J the other night instead of pizza from my favorite joint because the cost of the large pizza could just about buy one bonnet stripe. If this is what it's like before I order I can't imagine what the wait will be like when I know it's actually on it's way.

Old 02-25-2006, 06:06 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
I still have motoring dreams! Leading up to taking delivery of my first MINI, when I actually could sleep, I dreamt about MINIs!

Old 02-25-2006, 06:54 PM
Merkursport
4th Gear
Whew, you guys got it bad... welcome to the club!

Say it with me now... "motor on"!

Old 02-25-2006, 11:59 PM
RCristiano
5th Gear
Congrats to your aunt on the account! I'd read that article, it was a pretty intense competition. I like that one company backed out after they realized they didn't like "spirited driving"!

Good luck getting your MINI. Have you picked out a spec yet? MC or MCS? What color?

Old 02-26-2006, 11:20 AM
effusant
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The thing is because she works for Butler Shine & Stern, she can get a MINI at INVOICE!!!!
Invoice or sticker? And don't bother with Crevier. They'll charge you several thousand dollars just for buying the car there as opposed to a much nicer dealership like Long Beach or South Bay.

And there are even people around here who have managed to get below-sticker prices. I don't know if it was in southern california.

Old 02-26-2006, 02:05 PM
CarFreak!
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by bosfordjd
I'm in the same boat man. While I have yet to drive, plan on it march 6th. I did sit in a '06 last weekend at an auto show. I sat in a bunch of other cars as well, but the MCS just felt...well....perfect. I've been doing the same clicking away, book marking posts on mods and things to buy. And perhaps the most disturbing is I've had 4 dreams in the past 6 days about driving, buying, modding my mini. What's disturbing about that is I'm pretty sure that's more dreams than I've ever had about one of my SO's in a single week(shh don't tell them that). Not to mention every purchase I make is weighed against what could I get for my mini with this money instead, Zaino, Bonnet strips, wheels, tint, racing harness, etc, etc. I actually had PB&J the other night instead of pizza from my favorite joint because the cost of the large pizza could just about buy one bonnet stripe. If this is what it's like before I order I can't imagine what the wait will be like when I know it's actually on it's way.
heheh I totally understand u!

My mini is on it's way now, and I dream about it, mmm let's see, every night!
and I have daydreams about it like, 3-4 times a day
this mini is actually my first car ever, so I'm quite excited

I love mini's!!

Old 02-26-2006, 05:40 PM
jiggajaymz
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by effusant
Invoice or sticker? And don't bother with Crevier. They'll charge you several thousand dollars just for buying the car there as opposed to a much nicer dealership like Long Beach or South Bay.

And there are even people around here who have managed to get below-sticker prices. I don't know if it was in southern california.
She can get one at invoice!

I just went to Crevier because it's the closest Mini dealership and I was too lazy to drive up to Torrance (where I plan to purchase). I was flip-flopping on a few options and just wanted to make sure what I wanted (the only thing I know for sure is the color) before I went up to South Bay to place my order. Still not 100% sure but this is my spec so far:

PW/B
LSD
DSC (wasn't in my original spec but after reading the "LSD Question" thread I decided to get it, unless someone can convince me otherwise)
Xenon
Front Fog
MFSW
Anthracite Dash
Black Leatherette

Maybe's:
HK
Anthracite headliner
Chrome Interior

Old 02-26-2006, 06:57 PM
jdmarino
4th Gear
H/K sounds great (although I mostly just listen to the engine) and the chrome interior is a nice touch.

I think DSC may save my butt some day, so I got it. If it gets in the way, you can turn it off temporarily.

Old 02-26-2006, 07:10 PM
SandiePepper
6th Gear
I know what you mean, I have owned one now for about 2 years, have a new one ordered, now will someone please find me a man that loves my car as much as I do!!!