R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Can you believe someone maliciously kicked and dented my new

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2002, 05:07 PM
jeremy99
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It just pains me to know that people out there exist who key cars and kick them because of their jealousy. :evil: I'm really a guy with 3 kids and a wife who has worked very hard for this car.

I was parked on the street and in front of a restaraunt for someone's birthday party, right in front of the doormen to the adjacent club. When I came out someone had kicked a big dent into my new Mini Cooper on the side facing the sidewalk. It was late at night, so no one saw it.

Luckily my dealer was able to fix it with a paintless solution and a lot of inconvenience for me, but it did cost me $150.

What is the world coming to?

Old 07-17-2002, 05:48 PM
sirron
5th Gear
May their ***** turn to stars and fester at the points. An old Irish curse. It works! Ron

Old 07-17-2002, 06:07 PM
csasso
2nd Gear
Some people can't stand to see something eclectic like the cooper and not have an adverse reaction. It's like if its not a Ford or Chevy with a NASCAR sticker on it they need to attempt to destroy it before it threatens the American way of life.

I hope they loose all their teeth. Oops they are already gone.

How is that for jumping to conclusions? Who ever did it will get theirs; life is full of karma, bad karma will get them.

Old 07-17-2002, 06:45 PM
Tollag
4th Gear
Someone already had a simmilar situation with a kid scrathing it? I pray that it doesn't happen to me! It's going to be in the garage COVERED whenever i'm not using it!

I'm really sorry to hear what happened to your 'gal!!!

Old 07-17-2002, 06:53 PM
Jimbo
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
:evil: my worst nightmare....makes me very sad

Old 07-18-2002, 05:29 AM
Chrystee
1st Gear
>>Some people can't stand to see something eclectic like the cooper and not have an adverse reaction. It's like if its not a Ford or Chevy with a NASCAR sticker on it they need to attempt to destroy it before it threatens the American way of life.
>>
>>I hope they loose all their teeth. Oops they are already gone.
>>
>>How is that for jumping to conclusions? Who ever did it will get theirs; life is full of karma, bad karma will get them.
>>
>>
>>
>>

hahah..

Why would someone do that your car? That is soooo foul..

Old 07-18-2002, 06:13 AM
VerucaSalt
Coordinator :: Mid-Atlantic
I am so sorry to hear what happened! Whoever it was was probably just jealous of you.....when I hear stuff like this it makes me afraid for my car when it comes....I live in the city and I know for a fact that there have been a couple instances of keying in our complex parking lots. My roommates car was hit pretty badly the other day right out front and noone even left a note.....I know I will be constantly worrying....

Old 07-18-2002, 06:18 AM
Pebble
4th Gear
This is awful. :evil:

I remeber how mad I was when somone dented my old, second hand, ford fiesta! I cannot imagine how furious you were.

I would expect this attitude in big English cities like Manchester where I have seen many cars scrached and even had paint poured on them. It was this kind of small minded attitude where you can't have anything nice that helped in my decision to move to the USA.

Can I ask Where did this happen?

Pebble.
Still waiting for my 'S'

Old 07-18-2002, 06:43 AM
BoyRacer
4th Gear
Yeh, sorry about that. Just kidding! I have an aliby and everything. Honest.
On a serious note, I hope they burn in the depths of hell. :evil:

Old 07-18-2002, 03:35 PM
jeremy99
1st Gear
Thanks everyone for making me feel better

You all understand how it feels, others just don't have the Mini essence.

I was in the La Crescenta/Montrose area in So. Cal., and if you know the area, it is just adjacent to Tujunga, CA - White Trash capital of the world. Luckily I live no where near there and have no reason to return anytime soon. So, it was probably the person you were all describing, Nascar stickers, loud Harley, teeth missing and all.

Yes, bad Karma does come back to get them, doesn't it

My wishes are that may this or anything like it never happen to any of you!

Old 07-18-2002, 09:42 PM
CMINIGO
4th Gear
Damn that bites! At least it was fixable quickly and fairly cheaply. I would still be fuming though! :evil: I remember how pissed I was when my MINI got her first (and so far only) scratch, and of all things, it was done by the guy who tinted the windows!

Anyway, I wanted to say that that's why I won't drive my MINI into the city (LA) or even the San Fernando Valley. I'm too afraid of parking it somwhere and returning to find some terrible damage to it, intentional or other. I love to drive my MINI, but I won't chance taking it to some places where people can't respect the property of others. There are too many ignorant, un-cultered, mindless buggers out there looking to ruin someone else's fun.

Old 07-18-2002, 11:11 PM
MINI-MadMan
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry to hear about your little streak of bad luck there. Hopefully it's a bad luck streak that's at an end.
I always look for the best possible spot to park my vehicles. I kinda pride myself on it. Others riding with me think I'm on crack when I park so far away from the place where we're going. But I'm always thinking of a spot where she's not going to get dinged, and when it comes time to head out into downtown to the clubs and such, always look for an area far away, well lit, in the public eye and far from areas that have a high concentration of drunks.
I personally would have asked that bouncer at the club next to the place you were at, how long he's going to be out there, and flip him a fiver or something to look out for it. I never really park anywhere close to clubs, or anywhere where there's going to be a bunch of stumbling drunks.
But seriously.........people who do this are the lowest of the low. I wouldn't even do that to someone whom I detest. I have respect for vehicles both mine and others. Ya don't mess with another man's ride or woman. It's the rules of the road. For most people anyways.
Hopefully better luck will follow my friend. Take er easy.

Old 07-19-2002, 10:29 AM
Wandersen
1st Gear
I think all who appreciate cars are truly pained to read stories like this.

It gets my creative juices flowing, and the elements of a movie script begin to jell in my imagination. A Charles Bronson-like character, working a meaningless mundane job, manages to scrape together some hard earned savings and purchases a MINI. It offers the only pleasure in his otherwise unfulfilling existence. All is well, until, a bunch of street toughs decide to screw with his "odd looking" car as a vandalistic prank. He then walks off his job, and wanders the country in his now damaged MINI, in the manner of 'Caine' of the 'Kung-Fu' TV series, seeking fulfillment in righting the wrongs of injustice and teaching tolerance and brotherhood wherever adventures lead him.

Old 07-19-2002, 10:47 AM
Ninedriver
1st Gear
May the fleas of a thousand camels, find his tent! :evil:

Old 07-19-2002, 01:06 PM
Newkevin
2nd Gear
I wish the villians a LIFETIME of unfulling relationships!

Old 07-19-2002, 03:37 PM
Harry
1st Gear

I think that anyone caught messing with anyones MINI should be shot on the spot.

Just because they can't have a cool looking MINI, they have to vandalise somone else's. I bet they don't even think how much care and EXPENSE has gone into it.

I hope their hair falls out - and not just from the head, and all their skin turns bright orange. That way we can spot them a mile off, and have our revenge!

Old 07-19-2002, 03:58 PM
jeanna
2nd Gear
You have my deepest sympathy

ps. I agree with Harry

Old 07-19-2002, 07:20 PM
Ted
1st Gear
I, too, agree w/Harry, except I think they should be shot, then revived, and shot again. Then have their head slammed in the car door. Then run them over. Twice. Then shoot them again.

It's too bad that today it has become cool to be bad, especially in the metropolitan areas. Whoevever kicked your car likely had an audience of supporters egging them on. Pitiful. We feel your pain.

Disclaimer: For those of you who take EVERYTHING seriously, I was J/K about the shooting/slamming thing. Well, mostly kidding.

Old 08-08-2002, 03:08 PM
Shamizz
Neutral
I feel your pain!.. I came out to my Cooper S keyed this morning.. and it's at $600 to fix it. I just wish I hat caught the person.. they'd be tasting Mini tires for the rest of their lives..

Old 08-08-2002, 03:12 PM
greatgro
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
>>I feel your pain!.. I came out to my Cooper S keyed this morning.. and it's at $600 to fix it. I just wish I hat caught the person.. they'd be tasting Mini tires for the rest of their lives.. >>>>

Crap!I'm going to have to keep my MINI in my garage no matter how inconvenient that may be....

Old 08-08-2002, 03:23 PM
Rokk1
3rd Gear
Jeez, I haven't even gotten my MINI yet and I'm already fearing for its life!

Old 08-08-2002, 04:35 PM
zwoman
3rd Gear
It's stories like these that make me nervous I was planning on getting my new MINI right after moving to a safer neighborhood, but now I'll get it about 2 weeks before...ack! My complex - apartment that is - has some questionable activities going on...some really loud people late at night...fights and things. So, I really hope those people don't take a liking/disliking to my MINI - something a bit rare around here

Old 08-08-2002, 11:46 PM
Rocketboy_X
6th Gear
I hope they drown in a puddle of their own vomit and urine.... I'm glad that due to recent circumstances in my apt (BATS), i'm being allowed to break my lease w/o penality, and it looks like my next apt will have a garage... how's that for timing?

Rocketboy_X

Old 08-09-2002, 04:03 AM
mamamini
2nd Gear
I'm so sorry!! I'm glad your mini was fixed. Whoever did that to your car will get theirs and it won't be pretty. :evil:

Old 08-09-2002, 07:00 AM
Jay
2nd Gear
You have my sympathy. Probably a jealous SUV driver who has to work two jobs just to pay for his gas. :???:

Quick Reply: R50/53 Can you believe someone maliciously kicked and dented my new