R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Where do you put your CDs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 11:00 PM
ChiliLover
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just picked up my brand new Mini yesterday and am loving it so much. But I have a question for you experienced Mini drivers. Where do you put your stuff like CDs and garage clickers? There seems to be no handy compartment, and the glove compartment is not convenient. Is there a caddy you can buy that's made for the Mini? Thanks for your help!

Old 02-08-2003, 11:04 PM
MINIACK
3rd Gear
I double stick tapped the garage opener between the sunroof opener and that little speaker looking thing. I have a disc gear case. It is exactly like the one at the dealership, but it is yellow to match my car. It fits perfectly between my seat and e-break. I used to have it in the door pocket, but it was distracting when it rolled back and forth.

Old 02-08-2003, 11:46 PM
retroom
4th Gear
I put the garage door opener in a front cup holder. I removed the ash tray and use the other cup holder for my sun glasses

I have Case Logic softsider 20 CD case that I place between the two silver towers
behind the front cup holders, single plastic CD cases also fit in the same spot.

retroom

Old 02-09-2003, 12:53 AM
MINI-MadMan
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have a 200 CD case in the car at all times. But I also have a organizer attatched to the visor that keeps 5 CD's slid inside. Just there for some 'on deck' selections, pre-picked before I get going.
Cheers,

Old 02-09-2003, 06:58 AM
Katiedidmini
4th Gear
>>I have a 200 CD case in the car at all times. But I also have a organizer attatched to the visor that keeps 5 CD's slid inside. Just there for some 'on deck' selections, pre-picked before I get going.
>>Cheers,
>>
>>
Where did you get this visor organizer? Or rather who makes it? This sound like something I must have, since I'll be street parking in NYC and will need to keep my cd's out of sight.

Old 02-09-2003, 07:12 AM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I used a nice leather bound CD wallet that holds 25 CD's. I'd be concerned to keep 200 of my precious discs of one's and zero's in my MINI at all times.

My CD wallet slips very well in the door pocket.

Those visor wallets can be found at any discount store in the automotive section. Find the aisle with the fuzzy dice, deer whistles, and zebra print steering wheel covers, and the visor CD wallet should be within sight.

Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I used a nice leather bound CD wallet that holds 25 CD's. I'd be concerned to keep 200 of my precious discs of one's and zero's in my MINI at all times.

My CD wallet slips very well in the door pocket.

Those visor wallets can be found at any discount store in the automotive section. Find the aisle with the fuzzy dice, deer whistles, and zebra print steering wheel covers, and the visor CD wallet should be within sight.

CCM
4th Gear
I keep 6 discs loaded in the changer in the boot, 10 in a compact little round cd holder that I put in the rear seat side pocket and about 10-12 cases jammed in the nets in the back of the front seats! Must admit it's inconvenient and messy.
One of the first items I bought was the glove box organizer. Might have come from Moss MINI. Worth it's weight in gold. Get one immediately and end the glove box madness!

Old 02-09-2003, 11:42 AM
OKeefe
4th Gear
I found a really great case logic item - fits over the visor, holds 5 CDs for ready service and has a mesh section just perfect for holding the garage door opener. Small enuf to strp over the mini MINI visor.

Bad news is I got this a a freebe from a music store about 4 years ago - was never sure why I didn't throw it away..... A lager Case Logic sits in the dask - with 'frideration so they don't get cooked!

Old 02-09-2003, 12:41 PM
mpemburn
4th Gear
Yucca Patrol sez:
> I'd be concerned to keep 200 of my precious discs of
> one's and zero's in my MINI at all times.

Ah -- but this is why the gods invented CD burners. Heat, cold, thieves (please not!), etc, can to their worst and your originals are still safe and snug at home.

Mark of Pemburnia

Old 02-09-2003, 12:45 PM
Jimbo
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I got the hard case MINI Disc Gear 20 CD holder that the MINI Motoring Gear catalog said "fits perfectly in the MINI door compartment". I don't know what they were smoking at the time but I could not make it fit in the door at all with out sliding around or falling out. It does fit rather nicely though in the mesh on the rear of the passenger seat, and it is fairly easy to get to and doesn't make any annoying sounds as we zip throught the twisty turns !

Jimbo

Old 02-09-2003, 12:46 PM
VerucaSalt
Coordinator :: Mid-Atlantic
I still need to get the glovebox organizer....that glovebox is a real pain in the rear to keep all my stuff in. But yeah...as far as my CD's...right now they are in a little CD wallet that I got for like $5. I don't have the organizer yet but would recommend it based on the good stuff that I have heard.

Old 02-09-2003, 12:59 PM
Katiedidmini
4th Gear
>>I found a really great case logic item - fits over the visor, holds 5 CDs for ready service and has a mesh section just perfect for holding the garage door opener. Small enuf to strp over the mini MINI visor.
>>

oooooooooh I just found a whole crapload of them! Somebody click
here and let me know if you think any of these would fit the min visor. Is the mini visor mini too?

Old 02-09-2003, 01:08 PM
Mini2Go
Coordinator :: Pitt Stop MINI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kinda hard to tell from the pics - but I think these would be too big. The MINI visor is DEFINITELY mini.

Old 02-09-2003, 01:22 PM
Mini2Go
Just measured the visor. It is roughly 6"x12" - however, the visor isn't a rectangle, nor is it flat. It has (roughly) an 8"x6" rectangle with a "shoulder" extending from there that is sculpted and curves. Very hard to explain in words. I will try to find a pic.... (No promises).

Old 02-09-2003, 01:37 PM
Mini2Go
OK. Here's a visor pic - that I edited with ROUGH dimensions. Hope it helps. See how the left side is cut-out and curved?

Old 02-09-2003, 01:39 PM
2minis
6th Gear
>>Where did you get this visor organizer? Or rather who makes it? This sound like something I must have, since I'll be street parking in NYC and will need to keep my cd's out of sight.

katiedidmini,
The way people park in NYC maybe you should have gone for the H2.... I'd be looking for a fiberglass mold
of a '59 Cadillac I could put over my Mini when I parked it!!!

Old 02-09-2003, 02:46 PM
ChiliLover
1st Gear
Thanks for everyone's ideas. I just found this product on a website. It's an organizer that fits under the control panels of the Mini. Has anyone bought one of these? It looks a little flimsy, so I'm not sure.

http://www.aiwana.com/Merchant/merch...Code=hotpocket

Old 02-09-2003, 03:49 PM
King
Neutral
>>Thanks for everyone's ideas. I just found this product on a website. It's an organizer that fits under the control panels of the Mini. Has anyone bought one of these? It looks a little flimsy, so I'm not sure.
>>
>>http://www.aiwana.com/Merchant/merch...Code=hotpocket

I have one I use for my Cell Phone and other small items. I think it is very nice. It looks cheap when you open the package, but when you put it in you will wonder why the it didn't come from the factory with one.

Good luck!

Old 02-09-2003, 04:02 PM
BMWMCS3
Neutral
I found a nice little round 24 CD holder for $4 at Big Lots. It fits perfectly into the door and has a handle for access. Brand name is CD Stuff. Good quality for the price. Better than the one at the dealer.

Old 02-09-2003, 07:25 PM
Meenee.Coopah
4th Gear
I put one or two CDs in the little plastic strap on the driver's visor. I know...I'm bad, and could scratch them up. I just need to find a use for that little strap. What does everyone else use it for?

Old 02-09-2003, 07:48 PM
rfibanez
Banned
I use that little strap on the visor to hold my "Hey sexy" and "Nice smile" cards from the Mini messaging kit so that they are easy to find when I need to use them.

Old 02-10-2003, 08:07 AM
MiniMiata
1st Gear
I have the garage door opener clipped to the visor (it's a pretty small remote), put the cellphone in one cupholder and spare change in another. The CDs are not nearly as organized - usually there are a few in the passenger seat, with a bigger pile in the backseat, with the seatback flipped down to hide them :smile:

Old 02-10-2003, 08:16 AM
koolmini
OVERDRIVE
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
my CD wallet fits in the bottom middle slot on my glovebox organizer
btw: the glovebox organizer keeps everything from sliding out when i'm parked on that hill i call my driveway

Old 02-10-2003, 08:17 AM
Cynamini
3rd Gear
What are the chances we have the same set up???!!!!

Great minds think a like I guess!

-Cyn

Quick Reply: R50/53 Where do you put your CDs?