R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Met a mega nice/interesting minis owner in Columbus-- how to

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2002, 07:12 PM
drstevenj
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm still waiting for my mini. After meeting this owner of a beautiful MINI-S, I am even more interested in getting a group of us owners and owners together. Has anyone had experience organizing a meet? What did you learn? Have others been to a meet? What was your experience? If as a group, we are as refreshing as the person I met, these meets should be mega fun.
Looking forward to meeting more of you.

:smile:

Old 07-15-2002, 06:15 AM
miniac91
2nd Gear
Well what you could do is contact a classic mini club near you and see if they are intrested in organizing something of a meet together! They have done that organizing thing many times and it would be great to get the old and the new together more. the mini Vancouver site has some good links to other north america mini clubs so you might find a good and fun partner in organizing a meet this way.
Hope you have luck this way, should be intresting with the classic and the new together. The classic people are fun and know a lot about mini's and working on theme, it's got a nice chemistry on those mini meets. Seeu Miniac91

Old 07-15-2002, 07:50 PM
drstevenj
3rd Gear
Thx for the ideas!! I will follow the links and see if there are any such clubs in the area. Also thought of calling the dealers in Ohio and seeing if they have email lists of owners and owners to be. I think you are right about the chemistry-- I met yet another mini owner today... and she also had a cooper.... I think it was blue... or was it her eyes... I thought I was just buying a car; maybe it comes with a new circle of cool friends!! Maybe that is package #4- the Social Circle Package...

Old 07-15-2002, 08:28 PM
jeanna
2nd Gear
Hey I think organizing a meet would be a great idea! I am totally willing to help! I have been to many car meets and its so fun! This site is really starting to kick off and it will be even more fun if we can get to know each other better!

I am going to get the ball rolling with some kind of California meet... take charge and start something in your area!

~Jeanna

Old 07-15-2002, 08:28 PM
jeanna
2nd Gear
Hey I think organizing a meet would be a great idea! I am totally willing to help! I have been to many car meets and its so fun! This site is really starting to kick off and it will be even more fun if we can get to know each other better!

I am going to get the ball rolling with some kind of California meet... take charge and start something in your area!

~Jeanna

Old 07-16-2002, 06:50 PM
drstevenj
3rd Gear
Jeanna: Thx for the encouragement. Let us know how it goes. Next week, I will call dealers in Ohio and see if they have a database, and whether they know of a Classic Mini group in the area. This seems like a good place to start. Maybe there can be a place on this site for owners to register by location (state, country), so get-togethers can be arranged easier. Would be cool to have, for example, an Ohio icon, for groups who want to have a Saturday breakfast or plan to go to a movie or an amusement park together. Would also be good for people traveling through states, and want to meet/do something with a group of owners on the weekend.

Good Luck. Keep us posted.

Old 07-16-2002, 07:59 PM
Pflashinaz
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
http://hometown.aol.com/ohiominis/omo.html
Ohio Mini Owners. There is also a link to Central Ohio Mini Owners.
Most Classic Mini Clubs have no problem with the new MINI. If fact they are just as exited about the new MINI as you, they just don't show it. I'm the exception, I love my Classic Mini and can't wait to get my New MCS in August.
Let's All Motor!

Old 07-17-2002, 07:58 PM
drstevenj
3rd Gear
THANK-YOU for the links!! To paraphrase Arlo in Alice's Rest. "and that's what we are starting here, a movement" -- Here we go!!