R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Let's Lobby MINI to INCREASE Production!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2002, 04:22 PM
greatgro
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just ordered my MINI COOPER S last week and don't want to wait until Christmas!!! Hopefully they will increase production soon although I did order the Harmon Kardon stereo which delays my order also.

Old 06-28-2002, 05:25 PM
wainair
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Naw... I don't want to drive a New Beetle. Production Numbers are just fine thanks.

Old 06-28-2002, 05:27 PM
Pflashinaz
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is only one plant and only 24 hrs in a day, solution, build a MINI plant in the USA.

Old 06-28-2002, 07:21 PM
acetonic
4th Gear
No thanks. I don't want MINI to become another low quality Saturn. It sucks to have to wait but it's nice to stand out too.

Old 06-28-2002, 11:19 PM
CMINIGO
4th Gear
acetonic is right on. If MINIs were mass-produced, especially here in the US, quantity would go up, but most likely quality would go down. The MINI is an awesome car, but you have to admit that if everyone could or did have one, it wouldn't be as special. Take a look at the PT Cruiser. Once upon a time you had to wait months on a list to get one and now there are 16 just sitting at a local dealership with cash back offers and all- they're not so "special" anymore. I don't want that to happen to the MINI. Some of that amazing sparkle about the car would fade if there was one on every block. I still have yet to see another MINI while I'm in mine and I'm in So. Cal! It is a bit lonely- I'd like to honk and wave at another MINI sometime just for fun, but I'm delighted that I have something so unique and wonderful that I am so excited about.

Old 06-29-2002, 12:27 AM
Rocketboy_X
6th Gear
>>Take a look at the PT Cruiser. Once upon a time you had to wait months on a list to get one and now there are 16 just sitting at a local dealership with cash back offers and all- they're not so "special" anymore.

Ya, here's something scarry, there must have been some sort of PT Cruiser rally somewhere around here, because I saw 5 PT Crusiers, almost right in a row . And I didn't see dealer invoices on the windows.... spooky...

And ya, keep the production the way it is. At the nice new factory designed for the MINI...

Rocketboy X

Old 06-29-2002, 03:13 AM
MINI-MadMan
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm with the majority on this one as well. Even though it really hurts to wait so long for the car, I think it'll be totally worth it in the end. Because the car is unique(hopefully stays that way). Every John, **** and Henry RiceRocket boy/girl out there has a Civic, Neon, PT Crapper, Prelude, Beetle, etc. I like to stand out a little more and be original. If that means waiting a bit, than so be it. Mind you, I only have a month and a half wait.
Also, as it was told in the past, production at that plant where they're made has been kicked up. If we push to get more, faster,.............quality most likely will suffer if it hasn't already due to the demand.
Hang in there bud. Good things come to those who wait.

Old 06-29-2002, 09:07 AM
Sfiveten
5th Gear
MINI-Madman,

You wrote: "Every John, **** and Henry RiceRocket boy/girl out there has a Civic, Neon, PT Crapper, Prelude, Beetle, etc."

Hey lay off the Prelude!
I actually bought mine because it was something that not everyone had..... That, and the fact that It's really a fun car to drive. Note: I have a 97+ generation.(Which people either love or hate (but always love once they drive it!))

I do agree with you though.... I like the fact that people aren't able to just buy on a whim. Keeps the market from flooding. Also will keep resale values up for a longer period of time.
From what I understand the MINI mfg facility is running three shifts now. Which means they are running 24-7. The only way production levels would go up is.... if they build a new plant 8-10 Months at best. Or....... Add to their existing plant.... 4-6 months.

I wouldn't be looking for much more in production increases..... at least for a while.

SW

Old 06-29-2002, 09:45 AM
greatgro
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey - I was just talking....I don't really want to lobby anyone to increase MINI production. But I WOULD be thrilled if my end-of-the-year MINI was available say by Thanksgiving...now THAT would be cool...

Old 06-29-2002, 10:05 AM
pontiac
1st Gear
>>MINI-Madman,
>>
>> You wrote: "Every John, **** and Henry RiceRocket boy/girl out there has a Civic, Neon, PT Crapper, Prelude, Beetle, etc." >>
>> Hey lay off the Prelude!
>>I actually bought mine because it was something that not everyone had..... That, and the fact that It's really a fun car to drive. Note: I have a 97+ generation.(Which people either love or hate (but always love once they drive it!))
>>
>> I do agree with you though.... I like the fact that people aren't able to just buy on a whim. Keeps the market from flooding. Also will keep resale values up for a longer period of time.
>> From what I understand the MINI mfg facility is running three shifts now. Which means they are running 24-7. The only way production levels would go up is.... if they build a new plant 8-10 Months at best. Or....... Add to their existing plant.... 4-6 months.
>>
>>I wouldn't be looking for much more in production increases..... at least for a while.
>>
>>SW

i live in vancouver canada, u know how many preludes there here rollin around on the streets??? THOUSANDS!!

Can't wait for my mini s!

i should be getting miy mini s is august!!