R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Cooper S - Colour conundrum

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2002, 08:18 AM
Innes
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just paid a deposit on a 2003 S.

Am thinking of one of the following:

Electric Blue / Black
Electric Blue / White
Indi Blue / White

Also, does Lapis Blue go with Electric Blue OK ?

If anyone has any pics of EB / B (my top choice for the moment) I'd be really grateful. Decisions, decisions - I just can't decide.

Old 10-23-2002, 08:24 AM
2minis
6th Gear
<<<< EB/W

Size matters!!!!!!

Old 10-23-2002, 09:20 AM
RJSquirrel
3rd Gear
I like the Indi blue. It was my second choice. I ended up getting Chili Red. I guess this doesn't help Actually I wanted a Union Jack on the roof and only liked the Indi blue or Chili Red with the flag. I also think the Indi blue would look better with the Lapis Interior.

Old 10-25-2002, 01:24 AM
Innes
Neutral
OK, not much action on my thread here.

Does anyone have any pics of EB Black roof please ?

Also, how does the Lapis Blue look with Electric Blue. Might need to make a tour of London (UK) area dealers tomorrow to see if I can find one.

Old 10-25-2002, 01:41 AM
BoyRacer
4th Gear
There is a picture of an electric blue/ black mini on the cooper s gallery. I have seen one at a dealership and it looks alright. The black roof takes away the innocent image and also makes it less feminine. No offence to any one with a white roof on the electric blue, I still think it looks great too, but a black roof would also make it less common and you wouldn't see so many people with the same colour combos.

Old 10-25-2002, 03:53 AM
d-mini-ero
6th Gear
hmmm....colors...colors....
imho...i do not like any color w/ the white top & mirrors...
but....here's the important part.
we all like our color combo's.....
that's why we picked em.
u decide..... on yours....
they all seeem to ...wear..the same ...lol
need any help on the color you will choose to paint your room ...? rofl

Old 10-25-2002, 04:27 AM
wainair
3rd Gear
Go Indy/white with white rims! Not common at all on the S. EB/W is very nice but very common, and IMHO EB/B is ugly.

Old 10-25-2002, 04:29 AM
Nobull60
6th Gear
I've got the Electric Blue/Black/Lapis Blue....I have won two car shows with mine and just added a flame kit to the roof. Pics will be posted soon. I get more compliments and more people checking out my car than I like. People get so excited when they see it and want to sit in it look in it touch it. Its getting crazy. I am constantly wiping hand and nose prints of the car.

Old 10-25-2002, 06:36 PM
DavidG
3rd Gear
>>I like the Indi blue. It was my second choice. I ended up getting Chili Red. I guess this doesn't help Actually I wanted a Union Jack on the roof and only liked the Indi blue or Chili Red with the flag. I also think the Indi blue would look better with the Lapis Interior.

Chile Red was my first choice, as well; until I saw the Lapis Blue interior & found that it was not AVAILABLE with red. I ended up ordering the Indi Blue w/white instead.

So far, I haven't seen ANY car that looked bad with the Lapis interior (there may be some, but I haven't seen them!).

Personally, I wouldn't go for a black roof (Southern Calif heat thing). That may not be applicable to Innes!

Final item: About once or twice a week I still "almost" talk myself out of Indi Blue, and into some other color; and then I'll see one of the Indi/white/Lapis cars in the local showroom and I'm sold on it all over again. My last 20 years worth of cars have been red; I guess it's time for a change!

Old 10-28-2002, 08:36 AM
Innes
Neutral
visited dealer on Sat and had a very long drive in a DS/W which just makes me want my S even sooner.

They had an EB/B in showroom and an IB/W in the compound. After much pacing around I eventually confirmed my order as an IB/W, but it was a really close thing and I was told that I can still change my mind through until Dec 10 - (oh no, I can see a bit of indecisiveness creeping in during the period until then).

Decided to go with the Black leather interior, Lapis Blue is OK, but like many others I think it's a bit too much on back seats and carpet.

Anyway, more pics of either combo gratefully received if anyone wants to try and change my mind - again !

Old 10-28-2002, 01:32 PM
greatgro
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Indy Blue looks best on a Cooper not the S. Looks GREAT with the chrome (and I'm not a chrome guy). If I were to get a Cooper, it would be Indy Blue/white - no doubt about it.

Likewise, BRG looks best in the 'S'. I saw one earlier in the month and if I were to get another S that would be it. BRG looks best WITHOUT the chrome.

As far as your choices for an 'S', I'd say the INDY blue is out. The EB with white or black is a toss up. If you get the black roof, bonnet stripes are a must. If you get the white top, then either get the 17" wheels in white or the 16" wheels in silver. Bonnet stripes with the white roof are optional. EB is one of the few colors that make those ugly 16" wheels look pretty good, IMO.

Hope that helped.

Old 10-28-2002, 03:03 PM
Innes
Neutral
Not seen an S in BRG, any pics out there ?

And definitely not getting the 16" X-spokes (ugly), for me it's a choice between the 16" 5 spokes or the 17" S-spokes.

Heard that the ride is actually better on the smaller wheels, any opinions ?