R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 New MINI Website :: Volunteers Needed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 02:54 AM
JCampos
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone. I am looking for volunteers in the following categories to help build a brand new MINI website:

Graphic Designer(s)

-Will be responsible for coming up with the general concept of the sites design and layout.
-Responisble for logo design

Writers

-Like talking about the MINI? I am looking for talented writers who enjoy going On and on about all things MINI.
-Our writers will be responsible for making regular website updates about MINI news and just all things relating to MINI

MINI Experts

-Will be able to share their extensive knowledge about the inner working of the MINI. Specializing in one make (S, One,) is fine!!!

Now, let me tell you what this website is all about....

Have you ever looked for a part for your MINI and realized that there are just SO many products out there and SO many manufacturers and vendors that its hard to distinguish one from the next? I know I have. It took me 2 months just to decide on which exhaust to get!!! One person says its great, the next says its crap! Then comes time to buy it, but from where?! There are so many people out there distributing, you want to know where you can find the lowest price!

This new website will simplify your search for all MINI products, by offering an ORGANIZED viewing area of all MINI parts and accessories. It will be broken down into model, then into part, then into manufacturers and vendors. There will be a user-review section for each item, so that owners of the product can voice their opinion and be sure that it is hear; as well as a rating system, for quick viewing without having to read through hundreds of user reviews. All parts will have tech specs, specifying the HP/Torque gain, weight(eg: exhaust),etc etc, and a description of what the part does. There will also be a link to participating vendors websites who CARRY the product that you have chosen! This will eliminate the "Ok, I want it, but where do I find it" that I have found myself in many times. Average prices will be displayed in dollars, pounds, and euros.

There are so many more features that I have planned that I dont know where to stop.... but I think youve heard enough. This is going to be the worldwide #1 stop for people who are looking to buy new parts/accessories for their MINI!

I need VOLUNTEERS!! If this site DOES somehow turn profitable, everyone who contributes will receive a fair share for his/her work... but for now, THIS IS FOR THE LOVE OF THE MINI!!

Feel free to contact me by PM,

email: JCMerlin@sbcglobal.net

or

phone: 1-209-835-3676

Thanks for your time and support.... MOTOR ON!

Old 04-09-2004, 09:21 AM
pxlmxr
2nd Gear
A little friendly competition never hurt anyone -

I just launched: MINI Mechanic.com

Last week- so far so good

Lemme know if you need a hand- maybe we can swap traffic when yer up and running

-S

Old 04-09-2004, 11:41 AM
JCampos
6th Gear
Hey pxlmxr :smile: Competition isnt what I am looking for... I just want to help people like myself who spent countless hours researching MINI parts and accessories, when a website like the one I envision could have saved myself literally MONTHS!
I would love to have you aboard on our project! Please dont think of this as a website that will compete with yours :smile: I would be more than happy to throw links to your website when it comes to the "how-tos" and such. Respond via email if you are interested in a design spot on the team :smile:

Old 04-09-2004, 12:22 PM
JCampos
6th Gear
And btw, all of the coding can be done by myself, you would have to worry about that.

Old 04-09-2004, 02:23 PM
pxlmxr
2nd Gear
J,

Was only kidding about the comptetion

I think your idea sounds great

I think everyone is agreed that there can never be too much MINI info out there

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance (I'm a professional Web Designer)

Good luck & Welcome to the club!

Old 04-09-2004, 02:42 PM
JCampos
6th Gear
Definetely could use your talents on this team. I am a pro DEVELOPER, not designer... in fact, my skills with art are slim to none. But I can code in perl, php, javascript, sql, blah blah blah... Email me and we can discuss more specific ideas. So far, one other person has showed interest in this project as a writer. So we could definetely get started on the design/development on the site whilst we find more writers and tech experts.

JCmerlin@sbcglobal.net

Old 04-10-2004, 11:04 AM
JCampos
6th Gear
OK Everyone, all of the design spots are full! However, we still need writers and tech experts!! Please send me an email if you are interested in helping out!!

jcmerlin@sbcglobal.net

Old 04-11-2004, 01:18 AM
JCampos
6th Gear
Alright, 2 more people have been added to the staff... as pointed out, EXPERT is the wrong word here... I am looking for ENTHUSIASTS who know alot about the MINI Cooper, Cooper S, or One. We have added one ENTHUSIAST to the list as well as something I hadnt even thought of, a photographer!

Please IM me if you think you could help out in any way!