R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Can't Wait for March 2004 Club

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 04:56 AM
fueledbymetal
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
>>The Carmen has changed it's arrival date, it is now expected in New York on Saturday March 6th

Ugh!!! I just checked the ship tracker before reading this and I was really impressed that the ship was expected to make the remaining distance by this eveing. Now I know better...

Stock 16" V-spokes & run-flats for sale!

Old 03-04-2004, 05:48 AM
mac72
1st Gear
posted by fueledbymetal:
>>...I was really impressed that the ship was expected to make the remaining distance by this eveing. Now I know better...
>>

Yeah, I checked out the Marine Data website this morning and I thought, "there's just no way," so I went to the WW site and saw the revised arrival date. I didn't notice the post about the changed arrival date, so I was oblivious until today.

Oh, well, what's a few more days, right? Anyone?

Cheers,
Mike

Old 03-04-2004, 01:36 PM
futalfufu
1st Gear
My MCS is on the train headed for Southern CA and it keeps getting delays They called on Wednesday and said it wont be in until next wednesday but that it had just gotten to New Mexico. I could WALK to New Mexico by then!! Sorry just venting.

Old 03-05-2004, 04:19 AM
Aqualung
4th Gear
Woo Hoo! Finally ready, my JCW kit arrived and I'm supposed to pick it up next week. But, have to go to Prague for a week, so won't get it until next weekend.

Old 03-05-2004, 05:12 AM
fueledbymetal
3rd Gear
>>Woo Hoo! Finally ready, my JCW kit arrived and I'm supposed to pick it up next week. But, have to go to Prague for a week, so won't get it until next weekend.

Congrats! It looks liek you and yohman may be the first of the March '04 club to get their MINIs
:smile:

Stock 16" V-spokes & run-flats for sale!

Old 03-05-2004, 11:32 AM
futalfufu
1st Gear
Finally my mini should get in on monday and I can pick it up on tuesday!!

Old 03-06-2004, 05:31 PM
emerika
2nd Gear
Come one people... it's March all ready. Has any one graduated yet? Pictures are required.

fueledbymetal... I see your ship came in.

emerika

Old 03-07-2004, 05:37 AM
fueledbymetal
3rd Gear

>>fueledbymetal... I see your ship came in.

Outsanding! I heard the NY ports were closed Friday due to a suspected terrorist threat, so I was a little worried there...

Old 03-08-2004, 12:30 PM
mac72
1st Gear
fueledbymetal:

I didn't know about the suspected threat, but I do know there's something fishy going on here...

Good News - The Carmen seems to have left NY...
Bad News - The MINIs do not seem to be unloaded...

I was under the impression that WW kept real-time data on cargo, but I can't imagine that the Carmen left NY without dropping off the shipment. All the MINIs on that Booking Number show up as "LOADED ON VESSEL" in Southampton and nothing more. I really need to get a hobby for a week or so, because I'm going nuts predicting when my new MCS is going to materialize in my driveway.

Cheers,
Mike

Old 03-08-2004, 12:46 PM
emerika
2nd Gear
FYI: My Mini was off the Bujin for at least two days before anything changed on the WW web site. I suspect your Mini's were unloaded. You should be able to call your MA and asked. They seem to have the most up to date information from this point on...

emerika

Old 03-08-2004, 03:34 PM
EvilCrabMonkey
1st Gear
Yeah, I was wondering about that. Thought maybe bmw had a vpc in baltimore I didn't know about. Hehe. I ordered my car from mini of towson and the carmen's next stop is baltimore. My estimated delivery was for tomorrow, but I haven't gotten a call about any programmed options or that my car would be availible to me tomorrow so we'll see.

Old 03-08-2004, 06:27 PM
fueledbymetal
3rd Gear
>>FYI: My Mini was off the Bujin for at least two days before anything changed on the WW web site.

I hope that's the case for the Carmen

Old 03-09-2004, 04:06 AM
EvilCrabMonkey
1st Gear
I hope so too. I was looking forward to having my new ride today. Ah well. So far nothing, but it's only 7am so something could change by the end of the day.

Old 03-09-2004, 09:51 AM
futalfufu
1st Gear
There's something wrong with the train car that my baby is on :evil:

Old 03-09-2004, 11:24 AM
fueledbymetal
3rd Gear
>> Apparently thay had to remove that car (and only that car !?!) from the tracks.

Wow! Best of luck

Old 03-09-2004, 05:27 PM
fueledbymetal
3rd Gear
Attention Carmen cars:

I just checked the WW site and it said my car was discharged at 10:08 AM on the 8th, so our cars were dropped off after all!

Old 03-09-2004, 05:39 PM
mac72
1st Gear
fueledbymetal wrote:

>>Attention Carmen cars:
>>
>>I just checked the WW site and it said my car was discharged at 10:08 AM on the 8th, so our cars were dropped off after all!

Woo Hoo!
I better be getting that call in the next couple of days... (dealer's in Princeton, NJ)

Cheers,
Mike

Old 03-09-2004, 07:21 PM
EvilCrabMonkey
1st Gear
>>Attention Carmen cars:
>>
>>I just checked the WW site and it said my car was discharged at 10:08 AM on the 8th, so our cars were dropped off after all!

Next week?! Maryland isn't THAT far from new york. So by annapolis I take it you bought from tate. I met all those guys, took my test drive with them and then decided to order from towson. I had read a little too much negative feedback about tate. I'm a trader...lol

Old 03-10-2004, 05:37 AM
fueledbymetal
3rd Gear

>>So by annapolis I take it you bought from tate...

Yep. I live in Southern MD and they were the closest (but still almost at almost 2 hours away!).

I was guessing next week my car would be delivered because I've herad it usually takes about a week for cars to get through the California VDC, so I was assuming the same for the NJ VDC. Sooner would be cool though....

Old 03-10-2004, 09:40 AM
futalfufu
1st Gear
OK so apparently the person I talked to at autolog was a little confused. I got a call back yesterday from someone else and they told me that the car would be in on wednesday and that they were sorry for the confusion and to make it up if I wanted it delivered they would only charge me half the delivery fee (its 2 and1/2 hours from my house to san berbardino). So its coming today!! And I will upload pictures as soon as I have them. And I gave autolog a bumb rap. They fixed the problem and then made sure I was happy. I now will say only good things about them!

Old 03-10-2004, 09:50 AM
emerika
2nd Gear
That's great to hear... --I can't wait to see the pictures. it seems late in the month -- I would have thought someone would get one the first week.

I am afraid my Mini is still sitting on the docks. It''s not in the VDC system yet. -- sigh -- it's just sitting there.

emerika

Old 03-10-2004, 11:37 AM
EvilCrabMonkey
1st Gear
I just called ask mini and basically it said that it's awaiting shipment. Now, last time I checked it was en route. So I'm guessing it's just sitting on the docks. Don't know if that's before or after the vpc though.

Old 03-10-2004, 12:03 PM
emerika
2nd Gear
>>I just called ask mini and basically it said that it's awaiting shipment. Now, last time I checked it was en route. So I'm guessing it's just sitting on the docks. Don't know if that's before or after the vpc though.

Yeah, same here... I called they said it's waiting for a ship. --it just got off a ship!!! I can only assume it's in the port waiting to go to the VDC. Perhaps it's waiting for a truck?

emerika

Old 03-10-2004, 12:09 PM
EvilCrabMonkey
1st Gear
>>>>I just called ask mini and basically it said that it's awaiting shipment. Now, last time I checked it was en route. So I'm guessing it's just sitting on the docks. Don't know if that's before or after the vpc though.
>>
>>Yeah, same here... I called they said it's waiting for a ship. --it just got off a ship!!! I can only assume it's in the port wait to go to the VDC. Perhaps it's waiting for a truck?
>>
>>emerika

I wondered the same, sure hope it's waiting to get on a truck and come down to maryland so I can get it.

Old 03-10-2004, 03:35 PM
futalfufu
1st Gear
WOOHOO here it is!!

Quick Reply: R50/53 Can't Wait for March 2004 Club