R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Help, I'm really really happy my Mini is on order.....but

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 07:36 AM
resmini
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I could barely sleep last night asking myself questions such as; Do I really want BRG or should I have gotten Chili Red and applied the $400 savings to a sunroof. Will the 15 inch wheels be ok or should I have opted for the 16" run flats. You get the idea.....I need to settle down, this much excitement can be tough on an old many. Maybe I need a tranqualizer........

About how long after ordering can I change my mind?

Old 08-02-2003, 08:03 AM
xpcdoojk
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It depends on when it is scheduled for production... Once you get a production number it is dicey... prior to getting a production number, I think you won't have a problem.... I kept changing from the sport and all season runflats... But I got the impression from the dealer when I got a production number it was not going to get changed at the factory. I love my BRG by the way, it is my homage to tradition. Of course it is a prettier green than true BRG....

jc

Old 08-02-2003, 08:11 AM
Pebbles
6th Gear
Robert - You are cracking me up!

I placed my order exactly 3 weeks ago today. I was so excited I didn't sleep much for a few days!

Your MINI sounds great just like it is. Don't doubt yourself!
Your 15" wheels come highly recommended because of the superior ride and the fact that you'll have a spare. I am not getting the sunroof for 2 reasons, I'm in Texas and it's hot here and the fact that the sunroof adds weight to the car. I'd rather have a passenger adding weight to my car than a sunroof!

and the color thing! I ended up going with what I liked from the first. It was a look I couldn't get out of my head. So if you liked the BRG from the start, you may regret NOT getting it if you were to change colors. I spent 3 months debating the color I wanted. They all look fantastic. Now I visit the dealership and I see all the beautiful cars parked in a row, I think how great they all look! Each sitting with SOLD signs on them, all waiting to be cleaned up and delivered to their owners.

Have you joined the "Can't wait for Sept Club"?

Old 08-02-2003, 08:14 AM
mcs
Neutral
I understood when I ordered mine, it could be changed up until the point it went into production, perhaps around a month before delivery. Check with your dealer. The BRG is a nice colour but as xpcdoojk states, it is not the original BRG, that had much more yellow in it. I have the Chilli Red with white roof, and I love it, but it doesn't hide itself, it really stands out. Good luck with your final decision, I also went through various decision changes, some of which got as far as the dealer.

Old 08-02-2003, 08:57 AM
fms
5th Gear
Get used to the fact that you'll always have eyes for other MINI's I'd need at least one more MINI to truly relax about my color choice. I don't think my MINI has a problem w/ my looking at other MINI's, thank goodness. When I see an IB/W w/ white mirror caps and wheels, I can't help it- I want one. I still love my PS/B MC, but if I had the cash and the room, well, MINI would get a brother/sister.

Old 08-02-2003, 09:04 AM
Ryephile
OVERDRIVE
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
iwannamini: I know your pain exactly, I've gone through it twice. I end up making a list of every possible option, and then talking out loud to myself on which fits my goals best versus what I like aesthetically. You can narrow the color config's to a couple, and then either ask everyone you know, or think really hard about it for a long time, making yourself psycho in the meantime

Also, if it helps, take a few hours and look through ALL of the Gallery pictures, and take note of which you think look best and/or fit your agenda.

Good luck!
Ryan

my $0.02, I think an MC BRG/White with white holeys, clear side indicators, spoiler, and bonnet stripes would look cool, example:

Old 08-02-2003, 09:07 AM
Pebbles
6th Gear
Ryan,

Thank you for the great config!
I love how that MINI looks!

and fms,
You are so correct. I am getting the Chili Red/White but if I had the money I'd have me a 2nd MINI in Pepper White/Black

-- I'd have a hot MINI and a cool MINI!!!

Old 08-02-2003, 09:10 AM
Detroit Tuned
Vendor - 15 Years
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
ryan my friend monica has the same mini you built but with orange side markers and no bonnet stripes. today we are adding a cooper flags checkered roof! it is a great combo!

Old 08-04-2003, 10:34 AM
ittybitty
2nd Gear
>>I could barely sleep last night asking myself questions such as; Do I really want BRG or should I have gotten Chili Red and applied the $400 savings to a sunroof. Will the 15 inch wheels be ok or should I have opted for the 16" run flats. You get the idea.....I need to settle down, this much excitement can be tough on an old many. Maybe I need a tranqualizer........

Old 08-04-2003, 10:43 AM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One great thing about worrying over paint colors is that once you get behind the wheel and start motoring, the color of the paint will be the last thing on your mind!

I love my BRG/W

It is darker than a true classic British Racing Green so I have jokingly renamed it "Bavarian Black Forest Green"

Old 08-04-2003, 10:51 AM
MGCMAN
6th Gear
iwannamini,

Welcome to the tribe. Your symptoms are 100% normal, looks like you've picked out a great vehicle. As production is still a little ways off and you are having second or third thoughts on your color combo, I suggest that you visit the dealership in order to see all the colors that you like "in the flesh". I know that when I saw an IB MC I just had to have that color on my MCS, and as as it wasn't yet a MCS color, I post-poned ownership for two - three months in order to get the color I wanted. That's dedication or at least obsession. If you've not seen all the colors you are considering, definately drop by the dealer from time to time until you have seen all, and then finalize your order's color combo.

Old 08-04-2003, 11:00 AM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts
There are very few color options that aren't good for the MINI- this is all by design so quite worrying and relax. It will look great and you can add things later if you need more of this or that.

Old 08-04-2003, 11:56 AM
asodestrom
6th Gear
Robert, I went to my dealer set on a BRG, but one look at the Chili red with black top I changed my mind. Both are great color combos. You will be happy with either one.

Andy

Old 08-04-2003, 01:11 PM
resmini
6th Gear
Andy,

I've already called and changed to Chili Red with a white top......last possible change is, are the standard seats OK or do I need the sport seats? Also, with the premium package you get the choice of the standard steering wheel or a sport wheel. I still have the standard wheel chosen. Is there much difference in the sport wheel? Both are leather covered.

Old 08-29-2003, 06:43 AM
jkd
1st Gear
I know the feeling...changed from silver interior to anthracite..have not heard back if this change can go through...have production number but no date for when the baby is being built so I assume I can still change.

Old 08-29-2003, 07:01 AM
Chitown_COOP
Coordinator :: Chicago MINI Motoring Club
The sport wheel is nice and sexy looking. I REALLY like the sport seats. I think they should be standard...at least for all of us "spirited" motorers. I slid around a lot in my first MINI without sport seats...

I don't recall what you decided on upholstery...

Old 08-29-2003, 08:16 AM
TMGRobyn
6th Gear
:smile: :smile: