PittStop MINI Club The PittStop MINI Club Forum. Visit our club site at www.pittstopmini.org

upcoming PittStop MINI events; mark your calendars!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 03:58 PM
fastautoxmini
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
upcoming PittStop MINI events; mark your calendars!!

Wanted to announce some of the upcoming events for your PittStop MINI Club.
Mark your calendars and hope to see you there!

Wednesday, January 26: happy hour/social gathering and meet the 2011 officers at the Hofbrauhaus on the south side. 2705 South Water Street, Pittsburgh. starting at 6:30pm.

Sunday, February 13: wintry driving education at BeaveRun Motorsports, 201 Penndale Road, Wampum, PA. Registration and time will be posted on the club website.

Saturday, March 19: social event/gathering at Sing Sing, 171 E Bridge St, Homestead. Come out and see the dueling piano and meet some of the club members. Check the website for the time. Cover charge at the door.

Saturday, April 2: garage day. Location to be determined.

Saturday, April 16: spring drive through the Laurel Highlands. Dust off the car and enjoy some driving and fun in the Laurel Highlands. This drive will be a joint event with the Allegheny Chapter BMW CCA Club. Start time and location to be determined. Check the website for more details closer to the event date.

Have an event idea for the club? Post it here or go to the club website at www.pittstopmini.org.

Happy and safe motoring everyone!

Old 01-14-2011, 05:56 AM
amberback
5th Gear
Originally Posted by fastautoxmini
Saturday, April 2: garage day. Location to be determined.
I could probably offer my garage, however I live all the way out between Latrobe/Mount Pleasant near Mammoth Park (www.mammothauto.com) and I'm not sure if people would want to drive that far. But we have LOTS of driveway space and a garage we could probably fit 6 MINIs in. Oh and a power lift too!

Old 01-18-2011, 12:30 PM
Tom2112
2nd Gear
What all is involved in a garage day?

Old 01-19-2011, 04:16 PM
Mini2Go
Coordinator :: Pitt Stop MINI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is largely a free-form event. The idea is that you plan to do a DIY project, but with some help in a fun, social environment. We have installed suspension parts, engine parts, rotated tires, changed oil and more... the options are pretty open.

Club members simply speak up about projects they want to tackle on their own cars. You are ultimately responsible for whatever you choose to do, but the beauty is in being able to pool resources, knowledge, experience and sheer manpower to tackle jobs you might not otherwise be willing to tackle independently. Of course, space and time are obvious constraints. I hope this helps flesh out the premise of the event for you.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:32 AM
fastautoxmini
3rd Gear
Amber, thanks for the offer of the use of your place. We are kicking around ideas/venues for the garage day. Will definitely post the locale as soon as we know!!

While I may not be doing any more mods at the garage day, still should be fun and the car talk in never bad either.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:37 AM
amberback
5th Gear
Originally Posted by fastautoxmini
While I may not be doing any more mods at the garage day, still should be fun and the car talk in never bad either.
I've got 2 easy mods planned to do that day (jcw honeycomb grille and switching out headlight bulbs for clear-looking ones + removing the orange lenses)
...IF I can hold off on them long enough. I've already got the parts.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:27 AM
Flyinace2000
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I won't have my mini w/ me but i am Pittsburgh for business every week. So i plan on coming to this wednesday on the South Side.

See everyone on wednesday!

Old 01-30-2011, 12:09 PM
fastautoxmini
3rd Gear
Amber,

I totally understand that once the parts arrive your patience level goes way down. Plus the winter months it's hard to resist the urge to do upgrades despite the cold.