Pacific Northwest Washington, Oregon, and Alaska

Is there no Seattle-area Mini Cooper club??

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 11:07 PM
o-ron
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there no Seattle-area Mini Cooper club??

You'd think with the Seattle area there'd bound to be a mini club somewhere....

Old 03-27-2006, 05:46 AM
fingershooter
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by o-ron

Puget Sound MINI

http://www.psmini.org/

Old 03-27-2006, 07:39 AM
mini-rolls
Former Vendor

PUGET SOUND MINI MOTORING CLUB has been active in the Seattle area for three years now. PSMINI is a non-profit organization that has over 100 paid members and over 400 people using the clubs' public forum. PSMINI has monthly drives, charity drives, and they support local charities (NW Harvest, Toys for Tots, Ronald McDonald House, Just Because and the Red Cross).

Last August PSMINI in partnership with KJR-FM (they have a MINI) held an ALL MINI CAR SHOW with over 100 new and old MINIs being displayed.

On April 1st the group is taking part in the Woodinville April Fool's Day Parade with about 20 MINIs driving in the parade.

Visit the group at www.psmini.org

Old 03-27-2006, 01:07 PM
The MINITOR
6th Gear

O-ron, I live near downtown Seattle and though there is a Pacific Northwest MINI club I havent felt much of a presence in Seattle itself. I went to one meet years ago but everything else seems to be outside of Seattle and outside of my interest. If you are down to travel a little PSMINI would be the way to go though. The website is good but not used by too many very often. I too wish that there was a Seattle based club.

Old 03-27-2006, 01:35 PM
jerjer
4th Gear
hey guys, alittle off topic. but anyone around seattle can help me get a quote on painting a set of aero kit and color coding? and the time it will take to get it done?

Old 03-27-2006, 02:45 PM
mini-rolls
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by The MINITOR
O-ron, I live near downtown Seattle and though there is a Pacific Northwest MINI club I havent felt much of a presence in Seattle itself. I went to one meet years ago but everything else seems to be outside of Seattle and outside of my interest. If you are down to travel a little PSMINI would be the way to go though. The website is good but not used by too many very often. I too wish that there was a Seattle based club.
If you want to do something with the group in downtown Seattle many members are game. We do like to explore the great Pacific Northwest, what better way to see places than in MINI, we have done a Dam Run, Neah Bay Run, Leavenworth Run, not to mention a bunch of ralleys. And we have done three pulley parties and two Griot's detailing sessions.

As far as the website not being used to much, our forum is very active, members are posting daily. www.psmini.org/forum The yahoo groups are not very active.

Old 03-27-2006, 06:57 PM
Tricky Fish
4th Gear
I'm gonna be in Seattle this summer at UW, I'd definitely love to partake in any Mini gatherings while I'm there (no such thing here in Tallahassee)! However I know nothing about the area, how much of a drive is Puget Sound?

Old 03-27-2006, 07:37 PM
mini-rolls
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by 2ndMiniac
I'm gonna be in Seattle this summer at UW, I'd definitely love to partake in any Mini gatherings while I'm there (no such thing here in Tallahassee)! However I know nothing about the area, how much of a drive is Puget Sound?
Seattle is on the Puget Sound, the area we live in is the Puget Sound. The Puget Sound goes from Olympia to Bellingham and we drive the entire area, we do local daily drives and some two day drives. You are more than welcome to join us for any of our events. We are also going to have an ALL MINI CAR SHOW on August 12th.

Please look us up and join our forum.

Old 03-27-2006, 08:08 PM
seventenths
1st Gear
Puget Sound shores right up to Seattle... Neah Bay is Washingtons NW corner with a very cool drive full of Twisties. Enjoy

7/10 (AKA .7)

Old 03-27-2006, 08:16 PM
o-ron
5th Gear
Cool - thanks!

Hey, Minitor - yeah I'm in downtown Seattle, too (Beacon Hill). I'll be getting my mini in about 2 months.

I work over at Expedia.com and know of some people there who drive MINIs, I'm sure they'd be interested, too, at least one guy I know who's on the design team with me.

Old 03-27-2006, 09:16 PM
The MINITOR
6th Gear
Cool - thanks!

Hey, Minitor - yeah I'm in downtown Seattle, too (Beacon Hill). I'll be getting my mini in about 2 months.

I work over at Expedia.com and know of some people there who drive MINIs, I'm sure they'd be interested, too, at least one guy I know who's on the design team with me.
Cool, let me know, I'm in Magnolia and work out at Magnuson Park. I guess I dont feel like exploring the Pacific Northwest so much with the others because I've been here for 27 years and its all the same to me, rain and trees. Yes, I'm a city boy now, Seattle is my home.

A detailing session sounds good though MINI-Rolls, though I check in every once and a while and havent seen anything going on in Seattle, I've only seen them outside of Seattle. I dont know much about detailing and MINITOR could use some cleaning though.

Old 03-27-2006, 09:20 PM
o-ron
5th Gear
off-topic, but, have you had any problems with your 17% pulley?

Old 03-27-2006, 09:23 PM
The MINITOR
6th Gear
none

Old 03-28-2006, 11:37 AM
Hooligan620
1st Gear
Just mailed psmini.org a check for our membership. We're planning to make either the April Fools Parade or the Tulip Run our first club outting!

Steve A.
Ballard

Old 03-28-2006, 02:44 PM
mini-rolls
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Hooligan620
Just mailed psmini.org a check for our membership. We're planning to make either the April Fools Parade or the Tulip Run our first club outting!

Steve A.
Ballard
Steve that is great and welcome. We have a great group of people and you will enjoy the drive. We try to make them fun, over the past few months we have had 25+ MINIs on each drive. We also try and give away some cool stuff.

Old 03-28-2006, 03:45 PM
mini pooper
6th Gear
Hello Pacific Northwest,

I think we are getting as much rain down here in CA as you guys usually get up there.

Do you guys have any plans for a run up to Victoria. Would love to get a run together up to Port Angeles and ride the ferry over to Vancouver Island. Take a run out to Bouchards Gardens and buzz around the island. If you guys do plan soemthing please let me (REME) know. We have several members that would like to do that run.

Also you are all welcome to join us on our Trinity-Shasta-Lassen run, June 23-24-25, 2006. Details at www.redwoodempirememin.com or send me your email and I'll send you the registration and flier.

Old 03-28-2006, 09:00 PM
mini-rolls
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Hooligan620

Steve A.
Ballard
Make sure you join www.psmini.org/forum we have our own forum, local people post daily, we also have some events coming up......pulley party soon