2nd Annual Door County Winter Winery, Cheese, & Bread tour!

Old 12-28-2012, 08:17 AM
Zeppie
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2nd Annual Door County Winter Winery, Cheese, & Bread tour!

Hello Everyone,

Back by popular demand is our "Winter Door County Winery tour"! Last year's was filled with fun stops though out this beautiful winter wonder land. As you may all know, Door County is a gem that is sought out by people all over the Midwest. The unique landscape and its surrounding bodies of water make this area ideal for growing an array of different fruits, barley, hops, and many other produce that all add to this great region. On Saturday February 9, you are invited to partake in a fun filled day of driving through this wonderful winter countryside and experience the "gem" for yourself.

Our journey will begin at MINI of the Fox Valley in Appleton.(2986 Victory Lane Appleton, WI 54913) From there we will be departing at 8:30am sharp! Like all of our Door County drives we will have two pick up points for our friends that live north of Appleton. That spot will be at the McDonald's and BP gas station in Sturgeon Bay, right off of Wis. 42/57. (BP, 1130 Green Bay Road, Sturgeon Bay, WI) Depending on traffic, we are planning on arriving there around 9:45am. With gas topped off in our MINI's we will head out toward our first stop, Harbor Ridge Winery at 10:00am. Both the winery and an artisan cheese shop next door to it will be offering free wine and cheese samples. Afterwords the group will drive to Door County Bakery, a small bakery with Big taste! Bread so good you will forget to count the calories because your taste buds will be on cloud 9. With food on the brain and our lunch stop only a few minutes away, the club will be in for a nice treat. Nestled right off the shores of Lake Michigan is Harbor Fish Market Grille; a place all to it's own with a TV as a real live fish tank. After lunch, we will make our way to our last winery stop at Simon Creek Vineyard & Winery. There, we are invited for a tour of the winery and vineyard while also enjoying a free sample of wine. From there we will conclude our Door County Winter Winery tour and eatery and start to make our way back home.

***A short but important side note***
Club, this is Wisconsin, and this is Winter. If by chance the forecast is for inclement weather the day of or the day before, the tour will be canceled and moved to a later date. If you have any questions as the days get closer to this awesome event, and whether the club is still planning to tour on Saturday, February 9.

***If you have put your MINI away for the season, but still would like to join in on the tour; Everyone is welcome. This club is about friends getting together, having a great time, and making new friends and memories to last a life time. Happy New Year N.E.W. MINI Club! Lets wish for many more years to come.

As always, safe "winter" motoring Everyone.

Matson

Last edited by Zeppie; 02-26-2015 at 01:49 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:56 AM
Zeppie
2nd Gear
Event Date Change Update!

Hello Everyone,

Due to conflicting schedules the club is moving the Door County Winery Tour back to a later date, Saturday February 9. Event start times, places, and tour will all remain the same. Thank you all for understanding and I apologize for the inconvenience. I look forward to this winter wine tour and seeing you all there.

Matson

Old 01-06-2013, 03:48 PM
jplants1
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice effort guys, I hope to be able to join in this drive.... with or without the Mini (Panama Red).
John S

Old 01-09-2013, 05:40 PM
Nigel13
Neutral
Smile Hope to join the ride...

We are hoping to join the group for the Door County ride. We just purchased our first Mini -2013 Cooper - Iced Chocolate... and looking forward to meeting other Mini enthusiasts.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Zeppie
2nd Gear
Congrats!

Congrats on your new MINI! Can't wait to have you two join us for the Door County drive. You and your MINI will have a blast on the drives we do in the warmer months too. Look forward to meeting the both of you and your new MINI.

Matson

Old 01-21-2013, 10:07 AM
Zeppie
2nd Gear
"Pre-drive"

Hello Everyone,

Well the "pre-drive" for our 2nd Annual Door County Winter Winery Tour went great! The roads up there were well maintained even with Mother Nature giving the area a lite dusting the day before. The stops that we will be making as a group are anything short of awesome. Both the wineries, the bakery, the lunch stop, and the little towns we will drive through along the way all add to thee experience. Seeing Door County in the winter time is an unique opportunity. The summer crowds are long gone and the local businesses seem more inviting and personal. Yes winter time in Door County is my favorite time of year, especially the state parks that blanket this diverse landscape. I can't wait for our drive and look forward to making fond memories with friends.

See you there,
Matson.

Last edited by Zeppie; 01-27-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:18 AM
minicooper1985
3rd Gear
If I'm able to, I would gladly do it. I have some medical issues that may prevent me from being able to go, however. I mentioned in another thread about a 4 hour drive to Minnesota... That's to the Mayo Clinic. So if I'm not being filleted or recovering from being filleted, I will make an effort to do this.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:19 AM
NinerfanWI
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Looking forward to this drive. We did the Door County ride last spring, and we were planning to do more. Getting ready to sell a house got in the way. Planning to meet up with the group in Sturgeon Bay, hopefully with a Hummer driving MINI owner joining us. See you on the 9th!

Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring

Old 01-27-2013, 09:57 PM
Zeppie
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by minicooper1985
If I'm able to, I would gladly do it. I have some medical issues that may prevent me from being able to go, however. I mentioned in another thread about a 4 hour drive to Minnesota... That's to the Mayo Clinic. So if I'm not being filleted or recovering from being filleted, I will make an effort to do this.

We look forward to having you! He's hoping

Old 01-27-2013, 10:12 PM
Zeppie
2nd Gear
Choices...

Originally Posted by NinerfanWI
Looking forward to this drive. We did the Door County ride last spring, and we were planning to do more. Getting ready to sell a house got in the way. Planning to meet up with the group in Sturgeon Bay, hopefully with a Hummer driving MINI owner joining us. See you on the 9th!

Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring

Sounds Great! I still can't decide if I want to wake up "Helga" from her winter slumber. This is the first winter that my MINI has not had to be my only means of transportation. Now that "Victor" the Volvo(yes I name cars, life is too short not to have fun with it) is my daily driver, the MINI is having a well deserve rest. Ether way I go, I am sure that it will be a great time. See ya there!

Matson

Last edited by Zeppie; 01-29-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:23 AM
Zeppie
2nd Gear
It's almost here!!

Hello Everyone,

Well can you believe it!? It's almost here! On Saturday, February 9 at MINI of the Fox Valley we will be departing for our Second Annual Winter Door County Wine tour. We will be leaving from there at 8:30am sharp! We have a second pick up point at McDonald's and BP gas station in Sturgeon Bay, right off of Wis. 42/57. (BP, 1130 Green Bay Road, Sturgeon Bay, WI). Depending on traffic we are hoping to arrive there at 9:45am. With gas topped off and the additions of more MINI friends, we depart once again at 10:00am for the start of a fun filled day in Door County. Keep those finger crossed that the weather will remain on our side for the weekend. See you all there,

Matson

Last edited by Zeppie; 02-04-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:56 AM
03BRG
4th Gear
Weather looks good for Saturday-See you soon!

Old 02-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Zeppie
2nd Gear
A quick thank you!

What a great turn out for a winter drive! We had 12 MINIs and about 22 people join us for our 2nd annual Door County winter winery tour. Thank you to all that joined and braved the winter weather with us. We couldn't of asked for a better day for a winter winery tour. Hope everyone enjoyed themselves and brought back some great wine, bread, and cheese. I know that I will now have enough Door County wine to last me till spring. Thank you to all, and I look forward to next year's "Winter winery tour". Till then, we'll see at the "Winter Dinner" on Saturday February 23.

Matson

Last edited by Zeppie; 02-11-2013 at 09:38 AM.