Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 06:05 AM
DarkMiniCooperS
6th Gear
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Bavsound Stage One on F60

Hi motorers,

I recently received and installed the Bavsound speakers for
my F60 and thought I could share my experience with them...

First, they are very professional and easy to get answers from, which is great!

The kit arrived in nice packaging with YouTube link to installation (which is for the F56 but can relate to the F60 easily!)

Removing door panels was bery easy and straightforward. Just a few screws to remove and the panel is clipped tonthe door.

As stated by Bavsound, the speakers need a few hours to breakin and sound to their best. But after 1 hour of listening, I can already say that the improvement is amazing! I had the base audio system (no tweeters) so the baseline was quite low... The Bavsound gets sound much richer, clearer and punchier!

For $300, I would be very surprised to see any other audio add-on or accessories that can match Bavsound!

Old 10-06-2017, 07:10 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Just for kicks I looked on the website and couldn't find any info about the F60. I don't have an F60 so it was only for future use. What does it include for the base stereo on your car?

I do have BavSound on my F56 with a JL amp and it is amazingly better than the HK setup.

Old 10-06-2017, 09:53 AM
DarkMiniCooperS
6th Gear
Base audio was 4x 4” drivers (one in each door) and 2 underseat subwoofers.

While underseatsnare also available from Bavsound, I think just Stage one is enough for me...

Old 10-07-2017, 10:39 AM
F56-JCDub
5th Gear
Received 135 Likes on 98 Posts
School me on why Bavsound is better than buying component speakers elsewhere. Is there a technicnological reason, or ease of installation?

Old 10-07-2017, 10:46 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
In theory they have tuned the speakers to work with the Base audio amp or the HK. You could probably find other speakers for less money to do the same, but the advantage is in buying the whole package. If you are doing the full on HK, then it comes with crossovers on the tweeters and all the correct connectors.

Old 10-07-2017, 11:00 AM
F56-JCDub
5th Gear
That what I thought. I wonder how much disabling ASD effects the stock sound and therefore the upgraded Bavsound system. I would love to upgrade the whole system, but they dont' have a package yet for the '18 HK systems.

Old 10-09-2017, 05:01 AM
DarkMiniCooperS
6th Gear
Bavsound engineers their speakers around the OEM amp and car’s interior.

You get a speaker that is built to match OEM impendance, while focusing on delivering the best sound possible within those “limits”.

And the speakers fit bolt-on with OEM connectors...

Old 10-09-2017, 09:15 AM
F56-JCDub
5th Gear
I doubt they're *that* technologically different from component speakers that can be bought separately. One can buy speakers that match the OEM impedance, making sure the RMS rating also matches, and put on some OEM connectors.

It seems to me it's the plug-and-play aspect that makes them so attractive. Other manufacturers' don't have that so Bavsound wins there.

That said, I will probably upgrade to Bavsound as these days, I prefer the "easy button" as much as the next guy.