Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Anyone Got a Garmin NUVI MINI.srf file?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 10:44 PM
BBCooper
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yo'sDad
If I can figure out how to keep a white square from happening, I'll do custom mods to the srf files and post them.

YD
Do you have a way to edit directly in the srf format???
--- I am curious ----

Old 11-12-2007, 07:23 AM
Yo'sDad
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
BB, So far I have tried PS, GIMP, Paint.net. These programs will not recognize .srf.

I'm still going to try the alpha channel issue you suggested in your PM using GIMP. We'll see. Thanks again for our help.

YD

Old 11-12-2007, 07:39 AM
Arnbut
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mini2Go
If you're a wee bit ambitious, this might help:

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/t...TOPIC_ID=78125
I used this file and my my NUVI350 has a BRG/W-UJ Mini for it's pointer.
I have it mounted on a Kuda mount with the wires behind the dash.
Works great.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=111635

Old 11-12-2007, 07:41 AM
kevinminict
4th Gear
I have the files. I copied them from my NUVI. Ill see if it works....I can e-mail them to you PM me your addy

Old 11-12-2007, 08:05 AM
Yo'sDad
5th Gear
kevin,

Thanks for the offer, assuming you are offering them to me. I also have the .srf files, but all my files have checkered roof. My latest issue is editing out the checkered roof, making it plain white and then being able to save my edits without the transparent part of the file showing...thanks to BBCooper, I have just gotten it to work. Now I'm going to make a plain white top with a black sunroof.

If you have a red/white MINI without the checkered top, I would like to contact you about getting it. I will share any of the .srfs I have and plan to modify in the future.

thanks (thanks to you too BB, your advice about where to find the alpha channel did the trick)

YD

Old 11-12-2007, 09:31 AM
BBCooper
3rd Gear
kevin,

thanks (thanks to you too BB, your advice about where to find the alpha channel did the trick)

YD

Glad to help...

I was thinking... Maybe we could find some storage space for all these MINI srf files we create. Might be cool to share and see the srf "mods" we come up with.. I have an Indi Blue with CR mirror caps and red tail lights on my Garmin - it is pretty close to my MINI in real life..

My latest "quest"... I am trying to make a CR/black roof for a friend but having trouble... I have the CR with checkered roof. But "filling in the roof" makes it look like a black hole on top (no refelection efect)... I then tried to shift the colors on the Yellow MINI srf file... But the reflections on the hood don't shift nicely to the CR color range... My last option is to "cut" the roof off the Dark Silver MINI and paste it on to the CR version - covering the checkered roof.. but that would require 72 cuts/pastes !!! Who knows, I might get crazy enough to do jsut that over the Thanksgiving break..

Well let's keep chatting on this one... If nothing else this is a "cheap" option for mods on the MINI!!

Enjoy

Old 11-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Yo'sDad
5th Gear
I'm willing to upload anything I produce. One thing I personally do because I only use the 'track up' mode is to only change the first MINI on the left of the lower row. That MINI is the only one that 'track up' uses. I'll fiddle with a CR/Bk and see what I can come up with.

YD

Old 11-12-2007, 09:49 AM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If one of you can do a purple with silver roof, I would LOVE it!

Somebody does need to post these somewhere. I've used this quick and easy free site for sharing some files in the past. www.rapidshare.com

Old 11-12-2007, 11:12 AM
MINIdave
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I'd love an electric blue/EB w/ sunroof if anyone feels like making the effort. Actually, there's a blue one already in the files that would suffice color wise, it just needs the black panel for the s/r added.

Old 11-12-2007, 11:23 PM
BBCooper
3rd Gear
Tonight's effort...

ok so I "made" some time tonight and tried and idea... Actually I was home sick from work today... So what else was I going to do.

Here is my processs... For those "playing along"
1- I took the Dksilver.srf and red_mini.srf files and converted them to .png format.
--- conversion site is listed above in this thread.

2-Using GIMP on the dksilver.png - I am convinced the Pshop does not process PNG formats well - I went in and erased everything but the black roof on all the images.. I left a little bit of the windows to help cover the edges..
--- that took awhile...

3- Then copied the black roof patterns in a single step to the red_mini.png file as a new layer. This covered up the checkboard roof pattern nicely with only a few places needing touch up..

4- In GIMP merge everything to one layer, and saved out as a new .png file (used default save setting for GIMP).

5- converted this new_red_mini .png back to .srf format and tested on the Nuvi..

.....BINGO!!!!!! - I created a CR mini with a solid black roof - with the reflection effect... but it still has the white bonnet stripes. Ok so that is not a "typical" graphics option. But I am getting close.. Next step is to "remove" the white bonnet stripes and this Nuvi MINI will be a good match to the real MINI...

A bonus from this effort is that I now have an image of just the black roof... So those editing png files... if you want a copy to play with.. send me a PM with email address for attachments...

Also, I am thinking this could be modified to make the sunroof effect... But that will have to wait for another time...

Enjoy

Old 11-13-2007, 11:35 AM
Yo'sDad
5th Gear
BB, great idea... I also believe that PS is not a good option for editing .pngs. I also tried to put a black sunroof on my white top, but it just doesn't look right. Keep up the good work, and thanks again for getting hooked up with GIMP for the .png work.

YD

Old 11-13-2007, 01:17 PM
BBCooper
3rd Gear
Yo'sDad - What kind of icon are you trying to make.. ???

do you want my balck roof "layer"??

Old 11-15-2007, 12:51 PM
BBCooper
3rd Gear
Why... because we can.... :-)

Sunroof "layer" now available..

Took a bit of thinking and many clicks. But I now have a sunroof on my Nuvi icon MINI... I can share that layer in a GIMP format for those editing their own..

So to recap the MINI parts I can provide -
... Solid black roof - by itself
... Sun roof - by itself

Still in the works..
... CR MINI with no hood stripes..

After that with the "basic" MINI icons from the link above you should be able to edit (or add) this files to create a Nuvi MINI that matches pretty close to your actual MINI...

Enjoy

Old 11-15-2007, 03:09 PM
kevinminict
4th Gear
kevin,

Thanks for the offer, assuming you are offering them to me. I also have the .srf files, but all my files have checkered roof. My latest issue is editing out the checkered roof, making it plain white and then being able to save my edits without the transparent part of the file showing...thanks to BBCooper, I have just gotten it to work. Now I'm going to make a plain white top with a black sunroof.

If you have a red/white MINI without the checkered top, I would like to contact you about getting it. I will share any of the .srfs I have and plan to modify in the future.

Sorry havent been on in a while. The MINIS I have on my NUVI are a:

Silver Car with a British Flag roof and white stripes
Red car and a checkered roof and white stripes
Yellow car and a black roof ( my car )
Dark grey and black roof
Silver car and black roof
Laser blue and white roof and white stripes

I have quite a bit. I tried to see where I got the link from for the files, it was either on here or gpspassion.com

Last edited by kevinminict; 11-15-2007 at 03:17 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:45 PM
Yo'sDad
5th Gear
BB, I really like your sunroof layer... I'll send you a PM.

thanks

YD

Old 11-23-2007, 08:21 AM
BSUCardinalfan
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Just got a NUVI for my wife's mini.

Trying to figure out how to get the MINI files for it.

Can anyone point me to the correct link?

Old 11-23-2007, 08:32 AM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
You can get them here.

Old 11-23-2007, 11:58 AM
BSUCardinalfan
5th Gear
thanks. I'll have to take a crack at making a pepper white/black with checkered bonnet stripes!

Old 11-23-2007, 07:15 PM
BBCooper
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by BSUCardinalfan
thanks. I'll have to take a crack at making a pepper white/black with checkered bonnet stripes!
I have the solid black roof as a "layer" if that helps...
Send me a pm with your email and I would be happy to share..

The checkered stripes... well that could be "fun" ... I have not created that one yet..

Check out GIMP (a freeware) image viewer. It is very helpful in editing the png files.. Take a look at the above posts for some helpful hints & links..

If you need help, post back here... I check in from time to time... and I am working on a few icons of my own...

Good luck..

Old 11-24-2007, 07:22 AM
BSUCardinalfan
5th Gear
Thanks. I'll check back in on this thread next weekend when I have time to try and edit the files. Should be...interesting.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:50 AM
z3bum
5th Gear
Awesome!
Now if someone will make a Sparkling Silver R56 with a white roof and bonnet stripes and the roof rack? I'd be eternally grateful!

Originally Posted by BBCooper
ok so I "made" some time tonight and tried and idea... Actually I was home sick from work today... So what else was I going to do.

Here is my processs... For those "playing along"
1- I took the Dksilver.srf and red_mini.srf files and converted them to .png format.
--- conversion site is listed above in this thread.

2-Using GIMP on the dksilver.png - I am convinced the Pshop does not process PNG formats well - I went in and erased everything but the black roof on all the images.. I left a little bit of the windows to help cover the edges..
--- that took awhile...

3- Then copied the black roof patterns in a single step to the red_mini.png file as a new layer. This covered up the checkboard roof pattern nicely with only a few places needing touch up..

4- In GIMP merge everything to one layer, and saved out as a new .png file (used default save setting for GIMP).

5- converted this new_red_mini .png back to .srf format and tested on the Nuvi..

.....BINGO!!!!!! - I created a CR mini with a solid black roof - with the reflection effect... but it still has the white bonnet stripes. Ok so that is not a "typical" graphics option. But I am getting close.. Next step is to "remove" the white bonnet stripes and this Nuvi MINI will be a good match to the real MINI...

A bonus from this effort is that I now have an image of just the black roof... So those editing png files... if you want a copy to play with.. send me a PM with email address for attachments...

Also, I am thinking this could be modified to make the sunroof effect... But that will have to wait for another time...

Enjoy

Old 11-27-2007, 03:33 PM
yellowbritishrocket
Banned
can anyone create a LY/B R53 with black bonnet stripes...i tried downloading the GIMP program but my computer freaked out on me...also how is the splash screen changed....i have a Nuvi 200

Old 12-04-2007, 12:02 PM
BBCooper
3rd Gear
Just an update..

Things on this thread have been quiet.. but I have been chatting with some via email and swapping files...

Thought I would share the latest updates is that I have..
-Black Roof - as an addon
-White Roof - as an addon
-Sun Roof - as an addon

new MINIs icons that exist now (or know of)..
- Indi blue / White roof with sunroof / white hood stripes / more
- Chili Red / Black roof / no stripes.
- Chili Red / White roof with sun roof / white stripes.

The "projects" still out there -
- BRG / black / ?? stripes - rlnewby *** (this one might be easy to finish) ***
- Chili red / white roof with sunroof / ?? stripes - Yo'sDad
- Purple / Silver roof / ?? stripes - Yucca Patrol
- Electric blue / EB w/ sunroof / ?? stripes - MINIdave
- Pepper White / Black roof / checkered bonnet stripes - BSUCardinalfan
- Silver / White roof / white stripes / roof rack - z3bum
- LY /Black roof / black stripes -yellowbritishrocket

Just to recap the "standard" icons from this link ...
- Chili Red / Checkered roof / White stripes
- Yellow / Black roof / no stripes
- Dark grey / Black roof / no stripes
- Silver / Black roof / no stripes
- Laser blue / White roof / White stripes
- Green / UJ flag roof / White stripes

Enjoy and Happy Motoring

Old 12-04-2007, 12:08 PM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
So why isn't anyone sharing the various colored top graphics and the new MINI SRF files publicly with other NAM users? If they're not be shared simply because there isn't a place to host them, then send me a PM and I'll host all of the files on my site for everyone (and post a link to them here).

Old 12-04-2007, 01:30 PM
BBCooper
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by TheOfficeMaven
So why isn't anyone sharing the various colored top graphics and the new MINI SRF files publicly with other NAM users? If they're not be shared simply because there isn't a place to host them, then send me a PM and I'll host all of the files on my site for everyone (and post a link to them here).
I have the files I mentioned above... Reasons I am not publicly posting yet are...
1- I have not found free server space for files.
-- also cant figure out what to "share" png, GIMP, or SRF formats.

2- I was thinking about putting many options into a single GIMP file.
-- but I don't have "all the features" I was thinking about ready yet..
-- then I get back to problem #1..

3- Not sure how much web access people were expecting for these files...
-- so far I have only had a few request, and I have been able to keep up with sharing..

But if there is something of interest.. send me a PM with a direct email address. I am happy to share..

Enjoy

NOTE TO ALL: My icon files are now available at this site.. ...

Last edited by BBCooper; 02-01-2008 at 07:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Navigation & Audio Anyone Got a Garmin NUVI MINI.srf file?