Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio Dension Ice>Link - Installation help?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 05:21 AM
Thadeus13
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dension Ice>Link - Installation help?

Hey NAM,

I was looking to do the installationg on my Ice> Link plus this weekend but I didn't due to the fact I didn't want to break her . Just some quick questions for those who have done the installation themselves.

- I started in the boot, found the two wires and I looked around to see how the rear panel came off so I could snake the wires for the Ice>Link, down to the passenger side door trim. I unscrewed three screws but the panel wouldn't move, so I'm not too sure I removed everything. I was able to pop the rear seats up and see underneath and I couldn't find any screws or clips holding the trim on. How did you get the panel off to snake the wires down to the door trim?

Thanks!
-Nick

Old 06-06-2005, 07:43 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Simple answer... I didn't.

To get from the tuner to the back seat, I went down. I dropped the cord into the space beneath the boot and then headed forward with it. Undo the screws on the panel covering that side of the boot and with a little gentle prying with your hand you should be able to thread the cable down. That's actually the route the CD Changer cable takes in it's journey forward.

Once I was under the boot I then headed forward between the rear seat and the drivers side wall. When I got to the forward edge of the rear seat, using a BIG flat head screw driver and some gentle prying with my hand, I shoved the cable behind the panel. The screwdriver is what I used to actually get the cable back there.

Once I got to the back of the front seat I routed the cable under the front seat. The ICELink controler is actually under the front seat. Then I routed the cable for the dock over to my cupholder. Not using a mount...

Old 06-07-2005, 09:07 AM
Thadeus13
2nd Gear
a few more questions...

Thanks for the responsem but you left me with a few more questions. I'm trying to see how to get the wire to run from the right side boot opening to the floor near the door trim. Do you know if behind the plastic interior it's hollow, so that I could just snake the wire down behind the plastic and get it at the bottom?

I just need to find a way to get it from the cd changer cables in the boot, to the door trim. After that I can figure out how to get it around the passengers feet and up to the down tubes along side the radio. I just didn't want to force the plastic molding in the boot off and break some clips or whatever is holding it on.

If there is anyway you can describe to me a way to get the wire from the little compartment in the right of the boot to the floor on the same side, it would be greatly appreciated.

If I'm unclear about what I'm asking, let me know I'll try to rephrase .

Thanks!
-Nick

Old 06-07-2005, 09:14 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
I just popped up out of the forward part of that battery compartment and through the space between the rear seat and the wall. You can see a small length of cable (about two inches or so) but it's not real noticeable. We typically have a stroller back there and it's never snagged the cable.

Old 06-07-2005, 11:35 AM
Thadeus13
2nd Gear
Ok now I gotcha. You had me a little confused but now I get it. I'll give that a shot when I get a chance this weekend. Thanks!

Old 06-07-2005, 02:01 PM
MINI-stir
2nd Gear
For more ideas and pics...

Check this thread:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=33619

Specifically, posts #66, 67, 68 (Page 3, I think)

Old 06-09-2005, 05:07 PM
The_iaiN
2nd Gear
Just a word of caution if you unhook the battery... on the 2005 models the trunk seems to open via an electronic switch. I don't recall having this problem with the 2003, but if you unhook the battery and close the trunk, you should find a creative way of accessing the trunk.

Old 06-10-2005, 07:28 AM
Thadeus13
2nd Gear
Thanks Mini-Stir for the link! It actually helps a lot!