Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Aux input not showing up

Old 03-19-2019, 03:03 AM
m100JCW
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jorge Mujica View Post
Hi has anyone find a solution for this? I have an R56 2010. changed the input, not working. Bought a used/repaired radio on ebay and everything works except the AUX in. tried wiring straight from the back radio connector straight to the new wire and still not working. Thanks !!!!!!!!

PS: Tried connecting my Iphone and PC into the aux. none of them worked.
​​​​​​Not sure if it's the same with the R56 but in an R53 the cable needs to have a 300Kohm resistor between left and right...this resistance is what tells the head unit the cable is plugged in. So check this first if you have a multimeter handy

You may also want/need to put in place a couple of capacitors to remove any ground offset between your aux input device and your head unit.

Have a Google for BMW input cable DIY for more info

I know this as I installed a "plug and play" Bluetooth adapter into my car last week...this needed the resistor in order to work..but didn't need the capacitors as it shared the same ground as the head unit. Can't complain as it was less than $10 including postage.

Old 03-19-2019, 07:13 AM
jsthomas00
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by m100JCW View Post
​​​​​​Not sure if it's the same with the R56 but in an R53 the cable needs to have a 300Kohm resistor between left and right...this resistance is what tells the head unit the cable is plugged in. So check this first if you have a multimeter handy

You may also want/need to put in place a couple of capacitors to remove any ground offset between your aux input device and your head unit.

Have a Google for BMW input cable DIY for more info

I know this as I installed a "plug and play" Bluetooth adapter into my car last week...this needed the resistor in order to work..but didn't need the capacitors as it shared the same ground as the head unit. Can't complain as it was less than $10 including postage.

This explains why the noise filter I put in place works as well.